Sweeteners ??The good, the bad and the ugly.

Julio's profile photo   02/13/2014 9:29 p.m.

Myths and truths of artificial sweeteners!This could also be called this issue that, I think has not been touched with enough knowledge.Like many consumer regulars of these overflows, I am totally uninformed, and it is time for someone to take this issue for the horns!
I open with the following question:
Artificial sweeteners are expelled through the urine without suffering any alteration of their chemical composition.(According to what the edulcorants brands that I find) say.Then, it means that they sweeten the urine, as well as sugar in diabetics.Being able to give a false positive to the taste test.

True or false?

No one has answered this question.The search takes me to pages where they explain that sweet urine is symptom of honey diabetes, and later talk that sweeteners are totally expelled without suffering any alteration.
But they never talk about sweet urine due to the consumption of sweeteners.

Kind regards

Julio's profile photo
Julio
02/13/2014 9:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @julio,

On whether sweeping, urine becomes a sweet taste, at least, I cannot answer, however, I am convinced that it does not affect urine glucose tests, which are made with reactive strips and that serve to determine adiabetes.

If someone can provide more data, here I leave it.;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
02/15/2014 6:57 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Julio, as Fer says, the consumption of sweeteners does not produce diabetes or affects glucose tests, which they detect in the urine is glucose and not sweeteners.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/15/2014 8:49 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.