Negative antibodies

rack_r_r's profile photo   02/27/2014 11:07 a.m.

Good to all.I debuted a month ago and since then use Lantus 8 units before sleeping and novorapid before food about 3 units depending on the glycemia of the moment.The question is that I come to give me the analyzes where I have reviewed the C peptide and antibodies.The basal C peptide has been 0.92 and after injecting 1.32 glucagon (I understand that it is rather low) but the antibodies have come out negative.My endocrine says that I am type 1 and that although it has come out negative many times and does not believe it necessary to review other markers.The question is whether is something more or less normal to give negative in the antibody test even being type 1?Do you know any similar experience?Thank you very much and you are of great help for the people who start in this complicated world. A hug

rack_r_r's profile photo
rack_r_r
02/27/2014 11:07 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They also gave me negative and I am type 1, very clear as they told me, especially because my "debut" was sudden and with a ketoacidosis that had me in the UVI 3 days.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/27/2014 11:13 a.m.

My daughter was given negative.And a fulminant diabetes with 5 years, is self -immune by force.So there must be antibodies that do not have analyzed yet ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/27/2014 12:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much for the answers.

rack_r_r's profile photo
rack_r_r
02/27/2014 2:11 p.m.

Hi @Rack_R_R welcome to my club! We are two very similar cases.I have been diabetic for almost three years, peptide C of 1.96 and without antibodies, but mother hypothy and with psoriastic rheumatoid titris (let's go an autoimmune pump), so we are in a diabets 1 or a ladof slower progress.I also tell my new endocrine than diabetes1 that debut too late are usually slower and less aggressive (although it should not be generalized).I have been with 8 points from Lantus per day and Humalog Mix for this time for specific meals (with paste, rice or dessert .. We go the days of excess).For what you want to ask me, I will be delighted.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
03/03/2014 11:55 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Thank you very much!

rack_r_r's profile photo
rack_r_r
03/08/2014 7:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.