My presentation and my short story ...

zeusinho's profile photo   03/20/2014 11:34 p.m.

Hello everyone.

I introduce myself, I am a northern boy with 25 years and a type 2 diabetes (I think even half a diagnosis).

My story begins about a year ago, when I decide to do an analysis for taking time without doing any.I remember a bad result, fasting glycemia in approximately 170 ... I had overweight, a level of sport and a very pronounced sedentary lifesty, my blood glucose levels were within normality in the controls of the subsequent weeks, which caused the issue to be removed and the issue was forgotten.

Everything returns a few months ago, I had a fairly pronounced vasculitis that there was no way to cure without prednisone, the dermatologist was already reluctant to prednisone treatment since my blood glucose was not low precisely.Well, once the treatment was initiated in two consecutive monthly analysis I had results of 270 on an empty stomach.It was then when they referred to the endocrine and everything began.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, gave me a 1500cal diet and another of 2000cal in case it did not arrive and prescribed 14 units of Lantus before the dinners and an 850 pill of metformin with breakfast.Of all this three days ago, so I am a real profane in the matter.To say that I do controls every morning on an empty stomach, the first 230 and today over 150. Say, since before going to the endocrine, my habits have changed a lot, I do sports (bicycle 15kms daily) I follow the diet to RajatablaAnd I have dropped in a short time from 127 kilos to 111 that weight today ... I have stopped smoking 8 months and I don't try alcohol.

In the beginning they have given me hope of not having to use insulin forever, in fact before the question of whether I could consider me insulin -dependent, the answer has not been, not yet.Let's see how I am doing ... I hope to share experiences with all of you and learn a lot.

Greetings and forgiveness for the roll!;)

zeusinho's profile photo
zeusinho
03/20/2014 11:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum.
Congratulations on that decision to face diabetes.Try to remain firm, especially to continue reducing weight, which I think will be very important to maintain a good level.Your medication is still very recent, it will take a few more days to take effect, but the Lantus will gradually play and those levels will continue to go down.All you tell is the right path: exercise, adequate diet, healthy habits, etc.
So continue like this.And in the worst case, do not overwhelm if you have to continue depending on insulin, it is not so serious.
Greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/21/2014 3:57 a.m.

Hello handsome.Welcome to these parts.Here is another type two diabetic although only metformin (and also overweight for more inri).Insulin were put on me the first day to get off the 350 with which he debuts and then for home with the pill.I don't know if they have told you but metformin is better for you to take it at the end of food intake to avoid possible side effects.Tell you that there are frequent that there are (vomiting, nausea, flatulence, fanzon) but that they usually disappear over the month or month and a half of taking it and that it works very well in cases of obesity (helps to lose weight) so persists in theendeavor.Here we have a pair a hand to hand to see if we manage to lose weight (arduous task !!!), so ... hala we sign up for the group !!!Ha ha ha.Any questions you have a question and if you need anything else you send me a private.By the way ... where from the north?The Basque Country?Cantabria?Asturias?Galicia?.You will tell us.Much encouragement and be strong and never give up this is a daily "struggle" to eat healthy and take care of yourself and I assure you that not doing it has disastrous consequences (I tell you because I lived it with my own mother) so never give up you.Think that the most vulnerable point of type II diabetes is that when you "abandon" you do not suffer the consequences until after about ten years or so but then there is no leaf.A hug from another from the north and take care.P.D: What has missed me is that you have type II diabetes at such an early age but well they say that it is increasingly affecting the youth population.A kiss for everyone.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
03/21/2014 4:55 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Welcome! Much encouragement and do not cease your efforts, you go on the perfect way, and I will tell you that clicking Lantus is not the worst of evils ... it is only once a day, there are usually many hypos if you follow routines and youProtects from future complications, keeping sugar at bay.Greetings and what is said not to need here we are

pochola's profile photo
pochola
03/21/2014 6:02 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Thank you all!To cease the effort to take care and improve the quality of life nothing ... after all they are only customs, if I have been able to take them bad, now it is time to take them good ....

Today the control has given me 128, we are approaching normal.

Nina45, I'm from Galicia

zeusinho's profile photo
zeusinho
03/21/2014 7:18 a.m.

Manee ... Gallegooo ... I also !!! hahaha.Well I clarify that I live in Barcelona but I am a Galician by birth (and of the whole family hahaha -of Lugo specifically-).Hey, delighted countryman.Well, you have it Chungo to lose weight in Galicia with how good everything is there (sausages, you greate, as you are ...).Come on, I would have fatal.Well I clarify that everywhere you eat well (I have traveled through Spain I can see) but in Galicia (you do not pay attention to me, speak the "morriña") particularly well (and abundantly too ... so we are all!).Well, Hale take care of what is what touches and I like that positive attitude of yours (keep it up).As I told you before (and now with special affection) to your disposition as soon as I can help you.Saudiños, biquiños and openas.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
03/21/2014 10:14 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

hahaha, if you eat a lot and well ... Galicia is the paradise of triglycerides ... hahaha

Nina delighted!

zeusinho's profile photo
zeusinho
03/21/2014 10:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.