{'en': 'Headache when eaten, or sugar rises, or high sugar?', 'es': '¿Dolor de cabeza cuando se come, o azúcar sube, o azúcar alto?'} Image

Headache when eaten, or sugar rises, or high sugar?

pochola's profile photo   04/04/2014 6:57 a.m.

Since I started having bad sugar, six months before diagnosing myself already noticed headaches after eating.First we did not know what to relate it, with diabetes I raised it quickly but the endocrine told me, that it could not be, that it was not known in any case and that my high values, 200-250 were not like to produce headaches.

Since I have the Dexcom, I have realized that they are when, they are perceived when the glucose begins to rise abruptly, or when I have it in values ​​greater than 150. We are verified! That yes, it is worrying me ...Even for that I will be rare ..

Does anyone suffer from it .. Has it ever happened to you?Why do you think it can be?

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/04/2014 6:57 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

When I am hyperglycemic, my head hurts, also the headache comes before me that the desire to go to urinate, apart from the fact that I am mentally embedded unlike the hypoglycemia that leaves me super from and alert, until I collapsed.
I also checked it with the Dexcom and it is true, although I do not consult the doctor but I have not seen any reference in any medical book or study, but talking with friends in the association they have also referred to me.Perhaps it is because doctors are only based on demonstrable evidence and as the headache is as nonspecific ...
But well that you know that it also happens to me when I spend 200 or 250.
All the best.

Vidalete's profile photo
Vidalete
04/04/2014 8:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They would shout a good ... (just because I didn't feel alone or weird) ... but that p .. has touched us.The truth is that I warned it from the first moment, because I had never hurt my head in my life and that's why I noticed from the first moment, months before being diagnosed, they started, during these years I managed to blame them exactly when I ate.
And now with the Dexcom I can confirm 100%, it is to start the glucose to climb with a strong arrow and my head seems to explode, then it stabilizes and when it begins to go down the cessation.And it also happens to me when I am above 150 up.When I didn't have the dexcom sometimes I had the feeling and said uff I'm high and looked at me and very high ... and of course I said is when I'm high! But other times I wasn't .. now I know it was because I was getting up very fastalthough at that precise moment the value was not very high.
They make me a resonance this month of my head .. And I have a history of a uncle with brain tumor and I was already entering the paranoia .. because the endo told me that they were miasos mias ... that they would be migraines for something else.
Thanks @vidalete you leave me quieter

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/04/2014 12:12 p.m.

I have to be very high for my head to hurt, if it hurts when I have been 70-80 for many hours, so I tend to get out of 100.
In what I notice that I get up or that I am high is in my mouth, I get the thicker saliva and dry mouth feeling and it is not necessary to be very high to notice it.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/04/2014 1:04 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I pointed it @Gala I had never noticed the saliva .. I will notice these days.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/04/2014 2:10 p.m.

When I am high, headache, thick saliva and rare flavor, stuffing feeling ... but above all the headache as well.

Nadia94's profile photo
Nadia94
04/04/2014 3:41 p.m.

Ami my head hurts with Hoi X hypoglycemia.

fuyi's profile photo
fuyi
04/04/2014 7:37 p.m.

To me the infernal headache, it happens to me from hyper to hip, especially at noon.I am one of these lucky ones, who has alba effect at night, and I go to bed with good glycemias, throwing down and I wake up many days from 300 up, when compensation, and starts down the headache there is no one who endures it, it isAs if I were going to explode, then I look at the glycemia and I am 180-150, and after one more hour, which is the time of the food I am in 90-80.Of course, if for something I get a delay in food, insured hypo, if I don't like something.Then that day from hyper to hip i again starts, one no longer lifts head and ends more than exhausted

cprincep's profile photo
cprincep
04/04/2014 9:57 p.m.

Diabetico tipo 1 des del 1992
Bombero des del 2015
Animas vibe + dexcom g5

I see that we are a few with this problem ... It also happens to me, as the day crosses there is no way to straighten it.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/07/2014 4:11 p.m.

My daughter, there are days to wake up with a headache that seem checkbooks, but it gives me the impression that it may be that it has a hiccup while sleeping, although it wakes up well ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/07/2014 9:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina, that happens to me too.I do not usually have a headache, but if I wake up something fair and with a headache it is that I have been low all night .....(

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/08/2014 5:30 a.m.

Yes, Prado, it will be that, because they are specific pain ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/08/2014 11:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

It happens to me when I go back from a fat hypo... @-)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
04/09/2014 8:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Hello everyone, it happens to me when I am going down from sugar, it is bad because it lasts all day and when I finalUpon time for the neurologist

luci2's profile photo
luci2
04/10/2014 11:49 a.m.

Hypoglycemia can give headache because the brain needs glucose and, if it does not have enough, it suffers, of course ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/10/2014 9:04 p.m.

It happens to me when I have it low.For example a postpandrial.Of 84, which is not Hopo P

male738's profile photo
male738
04/12/2014 12:57 p.m.

It is not hiccup, but I notice.Any rare sensations like swaying while eat?It's weird ... I suppose it will be the rise of food and the desulin desul ...

male738's profile photo
male738
04/12/2014 1 p.m.

They give me symptoms of hypoglycemia without being so quickly, for example, I am in 350, I punish and in 30-35 minutes I am in 80, especially I notice the palpitations of the heart

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/12/2014 1:31 p.m.

Gala, it happens to me too, I have been to 300 and I notice as if I had a hiccup, but I look at myself and I am 160, it will be that the body has long been to 300 and the descent as sudden will detect it as hip.I have not yet controlled the headache when it appears but I have detected that if it gives me a hiccup at night, the next morning I feel super exhausted and tired.Ah and I also notice the thick and thirst salivilla when I exceed 300.

valky's profile photo
valky
04/12/2014 9:21 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I think that is that, that the body detects the abrupt drop in sugar, in fact when I get very slowly for example from 80 to 70 in 1 hour, from 70 to 55 in another, I don't notice anything, my head hurts, but it isThat if I had a long time in 80, it hurt before I am in those figures, when I want to account for not marking or glucometer, I get in symbol that I am below 20, now I carry a MNC and I can avoid this.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/13/2014 8:44 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.