... And they told us that we try to make a normal life ...

emmasugar's profile photo   04/07/2014 7:40 a.m.

Good morning to all, we are the potatoes of a girl who will now do three years, debuted in November last year and as I say in the title of the message, although they told us that we try to make nornal life and that the dibotes does notWe will change our lives ... it is being impossible, I am no longer talking about being pending food hours, glycemia count hydrates, insulins, being aware that no one is worth anything that we do not control ... I speak of the reduction ofDay that my wife has had to ask for, that in the nursery in which she had thrown us, I talk that the school that her brother goes has not only shown any intention of helping us but quite the opposite, I speak of changingPlace of residence to be closer to a school with a nursing service ... I speak of that.
In addition to all this, when we are still assimilating, learning about diabetes, they have put an insulin bomb that gives us problems, reservoirs are filled with bubbles, the catheter is filled with air and does not enter insulin ... andI do not speak of one or two reservoirs ... it happens with everyone, and we have loaded reservoirs in the hospital in case we were doing badly, and no, that is not the problem, something happens to the bomb or there are more lots ofreservoirs in addition to those who left defective in July and have touched us ... (and the same thing happens to another couple who started with the bomb while we have spoken in the hospital and they have told us they went toTalking to the house but for now we know nothing (and three weeks ago, that is, 7 reservoirs full of bubbles ...)

Anyway, forgive the sheet, for introducing ourselves like this but we are a bit low of moral ...

Greetings to all

emmasugar's profile photo
emmasugar
04/07/2014 7:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome @Emmasugar!Yes, the principles are complicated and more when it comes to young children, the important thing is to get you to affect the fair and necessary ... regarding the pump issue: how do you carry the reservoir?My daughter has been a bomb since the age of 6 and has 16, we had enough problems with the bubbles, until we discovered in a forum that carried him differently from the one they had taught us, that is, what we do is extract insulinof the pen as if it were a vial, thus not exerted pressure and the number of bubbles are considerably reduced and remain at the top of it ... and with respect to the TB catheter.There is a solution, my daughter has been for 4 years for the oblique catheters ... I do not know if the bomb you are talking about is that of Medtronic, if so, the catheters are called Silhouette, they are inserted obliquely, so there areLess probability that it will be badly inserted and if that happened (to us in all these years I think it has failed us 1), it looks great because there is a kind of transparent plastic window just at the point of insertion.The bomb is the best thing you can offer to your daughter, to see if you solve the problems you are having and you begin to see the result.For what you need here we are.A hug.

Link

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/07/2014 8:17 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Emmasugar, I understand perfectly what you pass with the bomb, the same happened to us, if it is from Medtronic they took several defective batch of reservoirs for what our son suffered from a very serious episode of ketoacidosis and they do not want to be responsible,I have the evidence, and I am about to file a lawsuit, please contact me at vavg1972@hotmail.com.

victorvazquez's profile photo
victorvazquez
04/07/2014 11:05 a.m.

Link

Man, since you are in the forum again, we would like you to answer what you raised in the other thread, I put the link.We were a bit intrigued and you should be clear.You should clarify a little, because as a bomb user I don't add up to me.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/07/2014 12:12 p.m.

@victorvazquez We already asked you on another occasion that you took this topic, that you will explain that of the serious episode x the defective reservoirs ... if you measure the recommended frequency a hyper is detected quickly and if you follow the appropriate steps: check the ketone bodies, ifThey are +, treat them, correct with pen, change infusion equipment ... I assure you that it is very difficult to enter ketoacidosis. We have sometimes had inexplicable hyperglycemia that are solved following the previous steps.In fact we had 3 lots of those defective.Something must have happened that you don't want to tell us.But to be fair, if you are able to create such a alarm, you would also have to be able to give all the details.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/07/2014 12:16 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

hahahaha @prado uto clone :)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/07/2014 12:17 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Jolin Velia ..... I was writing you ..... Telepathy ....

DiabetesForo

hahahahahahaha

DiabetesForo

Velia is clear that Victorvazquez has a problem with Medtronic and it is clear that he is not right and that is why he intends to convince us of the bad guys.I agree that except that you do not measure you it is impossible to have severe ketoacidosis.

DiabetesForo
04/07/2014 12:20 p.m.

Hello everyone!Well @Emmasugar Welcome!I debut with 9 ... it is not the same but in my school they were not answered ... echo once I gave me a hypo and the ambulance came, they had glucagon and they did not want to prick me ....
Many problems .... You can enter the parents of parents and exchange opinions ... that helps a lot ...
Much encouragement!

Victor my child ..... Put the demand and if you want ... but do not scare parents because the bomb is not bad .....

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
04/07/2014 1:56 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

Hello Emmasugar, first of all send you a lot of encouragement.It has to be very hard to see so much misunderstanding around you.This is screwed, yes, but I don't know why it scares so much, everyone putting a little and making an effort this had to be greatly in school ... Let's see if little by little things are improving Caray!

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/07/2014 2:17 p.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Thank you very much for your welcome
I imagine that in this there will be as everything, who is happy with the bomb, who is not ... we are happy because we avoid a moglón of punctures to the girl and her glycemia, except until we realized the bubbles, they areAll in normal values.

emmasugar's profile photo
emmasugar
04/07/2014 2:31 p.m.

@Emmasugar, I asked you in my post about the way you had the reservoir, sometimes bubbles are due to it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/08/2014 9:11 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello Emmasugar, a lot of encouragement.It is a pity that everything is so hard and instead of helping sometimes make us more impediments.I'm really sorry.
I give you all my support, and if I can help something ... here I am.
My boy started school this year and we had a little more luck.At first it was Durillo, and it gave us the feeling that I was going worse, but in the end we have not had problems.In their school they do have a nurse and now I realize that we have been very lucky.

PaquiR's profile photo
PaquiR
04/08/2014 8:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.