Diabetic with 3 years in honeymoon

Andrea's profile photo   04/13/2014 7:02 a.m.

Hello, my son has been diabetic since January, he has been three and a half years old.They take it at the Virgen Hospital of Rocío de Sevilla and the truth is that I am very happy with the diabetes team and with the attention they are giving us.We have already gone the bad drink of the beginning, I have reduced the day 50% to work only in the afternoon and to be able to click on the hours that my husband is not and now we are going to claim the help for the care of a minor son with a disease with a diseaseSerious, because I have been denied it because the child is schooled.The issue is that all these difficulties are taking them as we can, more or less well depending on the day as we get ourselves ... it is very difficult.But my main concern and reason for anxiety is that the child does not want to eat.Since childhood has been very bad to eat, it has always been very thin.When he debuted and began to prick him insulina, he was hungry, I was happy, I thought he was already going to solve this problem.But it turns out that he entered the honeymoon, for a couple of months we have not clicking hardly insulin, half unity of each at night and at noon.The morning we had to remove it because they gave him hypoglycemia in the school.Well, since we click less insulin, he is less and less hungry and he does not eat the amounts they have told us, he does not even reach half.The last thing they have told me is that I do not batle with him, that we cannot create a behavior problem, but it already has it.He only insists that he does not like to eat, the poor ... has told me the endocrine that as soon as the honeymoon passes will be replaced, but it has already lost a kg and I do not know what to do.I know it is very complex, but does anyone know how to carry all this possible way?How long does the honeymoon last in a three -year -old boy?

Andrea's profile photo
Andrea
04/13/2014 7:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Andrea, I'm also from Seville.My child now debuted a year ago.He is also 3.5 years old.If I can help you in something or need to talk to someone, do not hesitate to contact me.At first it is difficult, but you will see how the thing is improving.
The honeymoon can still last for a few months.At least that's what they told me, but you'll see that the child's needs will change.My child continues to get half unity in food and snack.In mid -morning I don't put anything.
Maybe they can help you know each other.Where do you live?
If you need anything, do not hesitate to contact me.Cheer up.

PaquiR's profile photo
PaquiR
04/13/2014 11:07 a.m.

Hello paquir!I live in Palomares del Río.What a coincidence, the two are the same age!yours eats well?It has me desperate.

Andrea's profile photo
Andrea
04/13/2014 1:32 p.m.

Hi Andrea, my son is 6 years old and ate bad before debuting.Now the honeymoon is running out (he debuted 6 months ago) and has seasons.Now we are in one who eats God for one foot ... yesterday of the dessert of the dinner asked for a sausage snack !!!After putting the puree of vegetables, the steak, the bread and the yogurt.I try to negotiate with him and work.Yours is very small but well try it.He thinks that one of the symptoms in the debut is precisely being hungry, has spent little time and this costs to regulate it.What happens to you happens to me, I tell the endocrine that I dreamed that the day I ate well but not in this clear way ... encourage!

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/16/2014 12:05 p.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

The most important thing is that you click on what you have eaten and after you have eaten it.
It is what they have when they are small do not reason, and when they say it is not.

Quiet everything is passed, then TB will grow and you can reason with it, in addition insulin usually gives hungTRUE?

Well your calm, what was said, insulin after eating and in proportion to what he eats.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/29/2015 9:10 a.m.

What a contrariety !!
I am happening the opposite of you, my daughter gives you a lot of appetite but winging your meals!
But if I give that if he eats everything ...

Estela_1519's profile photo
Estela_1519
06/25/2016 6:35 a.m.

Hi @andrea do not worry I have a 2 -year -old daughter almost 3 and it is the same, the costs a triumph eating (before and after being diagnosed with diabetes). I also thought that I would exchange with the treatment, thinking that it may not eat wellFor diabetes, but we are still the same. At the beginning you overwhelm but it is worse, so it is best that you do what they have told you, adapt the insulin dose to what I eat and what I do with my daughter is to reward her if she eatsWell (it does not mean to eat all the rations of HC that according to the diet puts, because I do not even me). My girl has taken weight, but little by little (it has also always been thin)
Regarding the aid I am also looking at it, although now I am of leave, but by the time I return to work.Where are you going to claim it? If you are so kind you tell me what they tell you and that.
Kisses and encouragement !!
Ah and enjoy the honeymoon, Claudia does not hard for a month:-$

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
06/25/2016 9:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.