Insulin Neveras

flor's profile photo   04/17/2014 6:21 p.m.

Hello,

Can you tell me where you buy those refrigerators for insulin, please?

Are there anyone to transport a glucagon injection for a day?And you don't have to throw away later.
I don't know what to do to do hiking and go calm before sugar drops!

If anyone can advise me?

I've been with diabetes for 5 years .. but I have lived in "honeymoon" all this time ...

Now it is different and I am somewhat scared.

Thank you!!!

flor's profile photo
flor
04/17/2014 6:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There are some refrigerators that are to save the insulin in use, it is called a cold wallet, and they keep them for 2 days approx.You just have to introduce it in very cold water from 5 to 12 min, depending on whether it is large or smaller wallet.

I leave you the link in case you are interested.This would serve you as I tell you, for what you have in use ... what you say about the glucagon, is not worth.

Link

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
04/17/2014 7:07 p.m.

Insulin to use you in the fridge?
I am using the bolis I have them at room temperature even in summer, Ninca have spoiled me and also puts it in the prospect that endure 1 month at room temperature.And another thing, when they are in the fridge, more bulk tends

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/18/2014 5:18 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Gala I have a little with diabetes, and the cold wallet bought it 1 month ago or so.I am starting to use it now that the heat begins, and I am happy.At the moment I use it for specific things, places where I know what is going to be hot ... Now for example I go to the field, and I take the Neverita.This summer, I will use it more ... I think I will take it daily.As I tell you, I am a diabetic for recently, a couple of months ago my insulin spoiled ... I was very high, but I blamed everything but that.I went up dose and had no effect, until I started new ball.(Of course, even starting new ball, I kept the doses that had increased and I had a couple of big hypos the first two times that I had to put insulin).So since this Neverita does not occupy anything, I do not care to take her and I know that at least it will be well preserved.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
04/18/2014 6:10 a.m.

Good ... I would come to my mendure more than 28 days once open, do I explain?I would use it in ksa when I need it and save it again in the refrigerator, suppose that I leave one day and take it in the fridge, .. and thus successfully ... use and the refrigerator or if I leave I take it in this portfolio ofcold!!M MORE DIAS DIAS BUENDING ??Or once used, can I no longer keep it cold ???Sorry my ignorance, it is that I buy it and sometimes passes.More than a month and keep us using it ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/19/2014 12:18 a.m.

And not C if in Argentina C will you get?DONKE NO

DiabetesForo
04/19/2014 12:20 a.m.

The cold portfolio can be bought online, I suppose you will not have problems.A ball also lasts more than 28 days, but although I have something shot because it loses effect.What you say I don't know ... I think that once you get her out of the fridge, she only lasts those 28 days.The cold portfolio keeps you so that it does not spoil, but it does not give it the same cold as the home fridge.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
04/19/2014 5:57 a.m.

Daniela, the insulin you are always using at room temperature.At 28 days you must throw it because it loses effectiveness.

DiabetesForo
04/19/2014 7:37 a.m.

daniela said:
and no c if in Argentina c will you get?Do not last refrigerator, Obvavamemte refrigerator !!!

Hi Daniela in Argentina you can't buy mine in Chile, you might ask someone to bring it to you or do you travel.
In capital at least finding out and I toured everything but there is no.
What is achieved is a freezing gel bag that lasts between 8 to 10 hours although with very heat it would say that only. Very speaking and uncomfortable by the way.
danico.com/product.php?datos=147
The address is the following youth diabetes foundation
Lota 2344, Providencia.Santiago Chile

Telephone: (02) 2367 39 00
E-mail: fdj@diabeteschile.cl

Greetings and luck

DiabetesForo
07/21/2015 3:18 p.m.

Hello.You also have the cold portfolio of Medicol.It is American and for me better than Ka cold portfolio.In addition there is now a discount for the members of the forum in Latinadeladiabetes.com.

malefica33's profile photo
malefica33
07/21/2015 4 p.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

We asked the Diabetic Association if the cold portfolio served for glucagon and told me that no problem.If you look at the prospect, it must be between 18-25 degrees, and that is achieved with the cold portfolio.Not for a whole month perhaps, but for specific exits such as accounts, we are using it.

mogi's profile photo
mogi
07/23/2015 3:22 p.m.

aahhhh, forgive, bought online !!

mogi's profile photo
mogi
07/23/2015 3:22 p.m.

The glucagon can be at room temperature (not that of this July, Ji Ji !!) until 18 months, puts it in the prospect

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/23/2015 4:21 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Yes, the educator told me that in fact you do not have to keep it in the fridge, which has to be at room temperature.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/23/2015 7:10 p.m.

I have the glucagon in the frigo and the 3 vials that I have never used are expired, I will take them to the Sygre point, but the fast must always put it at room temperature so that it works well.The educator told me that as the unusual vials are refrigerated, I have to heat them with my hands the first time I use them if I have not previously remembered to take them out.
I use a car fridge with 230V AC - 12V DC plug to take it in summer;To work I carry one of the Chinese with an antifreeze of those of the ancient portable refrigerators who at night at home put the freezer and I have never had problems.
If you are above 25 degrees, for example 30 the only effect is that it does not act the same, but I have not yet noticed anything.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/06/2016 12:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.