Control problems.

DanielPD's profile photo   04/18/2014 1:28 p.m.

Hello, I'm new to the forum.I just introduced myself in the corresponding place.
I write this topic now because I walk lately quite desperate.

About six-eight months ago I began to notice a generalized discomfort for which they did some tests, since they told me that I could suffer neuropathy.The fact is that for many evidence they have done me they have not found anything.In the common analyzes that make me I usually be well in most ranges, except glycosy hemoglobin, of course.

I have to say that I have been diabetic for 15 years, and my control has never been my strong.And that's why I wanted to improve it.

The fact is that despite giving me menus, leaves with HC rations, etc., etc., I do not regulate my sugar levels.In fact, since I tell the food to gram I am even worse, if possible.Making meals that I estimate quite light, I am easily uploaded to 300. And the solution, as many will think, it is not possible that it is simply to prick more, because it does not solve anything, or it generates very severe hypoglycemia, which I do not control.

Neither my doctor nor my nurse know what to tell me, because they only tell me that insulin and diet and that's it, but it is not worth it.They happen to me very strange things, and when I have high sugar I put insulin, and then more and then more, and I don't lower me in any way.I no longer know what to do, because I am always bad, always, and I am not a rookie precisely.

I make a huge expense of strips, and I still can control my sugar.It is worse and worse.I don't know what to do, and I'm going to end very badly, I know.But it is not careless or for eating things that I should not, I am very responsible with it.It is that what other diabetics is worth not works for me.Never.If someone happens to someone who explains what he does, please.I am already desperate, I do not do anything else every minute of 24 hours a day than to be aware of sugar, also at all.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/18/2014 1:28 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Hi @daniel pd my name is Vanessa, I am a diabetics for 17 years, and I have neuropathy in both eyes, and this operated ... my smaller hem in 17 years has been 8% so imagine .. there are upwhatever you want ...

Do you click slow and fast?and very important .. where do you click the fast?

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
04/18/2014 3:24 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

Hello!
The fast in the gut.I vary, for the theme of the grease packages.The slow legs.I do not lower 8 the hemoglobin either.

As much as I try, I am paid to the constant increases.My problem (well, in addition to that) is that I am so uncontrolled that I look at the sugar twenty times a day, in case it gives me a descent (which I no longer detect) or if I get a high figure that I have seen before.

In addition to the tremendous stress that causes not knowing when or where you can come a hip, the theme of the hyper has me fried.The same is 5, I measure me and I have 280. I put two fast units.At the hour and a half I measure me and I did not get down or 260. I put another two and at the time I am in 250. More insulin, exercise, water, everything ... and I continue in 240. I insulin does not seem to have any effect!!!

Seriously ... does this happen to someone else?It cannot be that it is the only one, but my doctor looks at me weird, as if I have it or that I don't feel like controlling myself ... it is so frustrating that I no longer know what Devils do .......

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/18/2014 4:02 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Daniel, who put a continuous meter to see what happens.And the bomb.If you need.
When it is high, insulin makes less effect. I don't think it is insulin resistance.
Insists on the meter and the pump, which you will improve a lot

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/18/2014 6:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Totally support regina in the continuous meter.You are a case that could take advantage of it.

And although I have a relatively good control (6.5hg), to lose 300, for example, if I still notice the full stomach and the action of fast insulin is ending, I put 20 more units of Humalog.By eating just a normal rice plate, 30 units of fast.For a salad and two bread slices, 15 units ...

It seems that my body needs more insulin than the majority of DM1 and is curious because now I have less decreases and less strong than when many years ago I put less.

I am not telling you that you do the same, so without more, but there are people who need much more insulin, it would have to do if you are a case like this or not.And if you were analyzing how I would affect the loss of sugar.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/18/2014 7:33 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Ah, a continuous meter I would love ... I would help me be much quieter and better controlled ... but I can not afford more than 300 euros per month for the disposables of that system ... I find it very expensive thestrips ...

I hope that a day not too distant those things go down, or that something better appears ... but I fear that it is not a matter of not being able to want.Because announcing many things, but then ... na de ná.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/19/2014 9:25 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Tell your doctor to put the bomb, and put the meter in the SS

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/19/2014 9:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Look what happens to you with the media they have.Insists on it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/19/2014 9:57 p.m.

Daniel the first do not despair, courage and insist as Regina tells you to expose your situation.A continuous meter in your case is not a whim, well or in any case, but in some more than others, it is understood.
My father already has insulin resistance but it has been diabetic for 53 years ... some people are better with different insulin brands, I don't know if in your case they have tried others ...
But first of all "cries" that if not "breasts" ... wanting and putting from you how it seems to be able to control that diabetes.
And encouragement !!

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/21/2014 1:28 p.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Ok ... thanks for the comments!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/21/2014 6:25 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

It also reads a lot of meters that, although they are not continuous, do not need a puncture, but are like a mobile that reads with different beams of light on the skin.I am in the cinema, I measure me.I am in the Super's tail, I measure me.I am in the middle of a mountain doing hiking, I measure me.Without the continuous spending of strips, even if you have materials to change.

Where is that product?It is not known.
Did nobody really in the world already be able to create a usable model?An apparatus that, selling for dozens of millions of units, would be frankly affordable?
Or is it well invented perhaps for years and the industry is not interested in the least to get it for sale?
Does nobody know anything about it?

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/22/2014 11:46 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Well, after a few days I continue with the same problem.

Today, for reasons that do not come to the case I reached a figure close to 500 and ended up in the hospital.He immediately lowered me to about 250, but there he stayed.After several hours there putting myself quickly I arrived at 200 and they gave me a door.

I ate, with more doses and such, and well, what is the food did not upload me just anything (to 240), but it started from 200 !!

Total, which are the four and I put +2 Humalog Pen.
It's five and I'm the same.+2 Pen.
It's 6, and I'm 270 !!!+ 2 Pen.

I play whatever is 20:00 and I continue in 200 or more.And throughout the afternoon I will have put more insulin amount than I put for a complete meal (without taking anything, it is understood).

In theory for the sensitivity factor that 2 units should get off between 60 and 100 points.But they get off ... 0 !!!And two others and two others the same.And I don't want to go now and put on 5 or 6 when I see myself in safe hypoglycemia (or I don't lower me, or I lowers a blow to me).

Seriously: Does someone else happen to someone else?Is there any logical reason for it?Because it seems that insulin sometimes has no effect, and I do not explain it to myself.
And since it does not seem to obey any logic, because I don't know what to do.

But I can't get to dinner time, and have dinner with 200 or more.And this happens to me day, no day.

This is no longer counting hydrates or p ***** in vinegar, this is a mystery, kept in a secret, locked in an enigma, xD !!!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/24/2014 2:14 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Hi Danielp,

What you tell blocks me with a situation in which I was in hyperglycemia for several days, the body enters a way of generating more glucose on its own, the recommendation, drinking a lot of water and reducing the hydrates in the meals, often monitoring theGlucose, before and after meals, several times, until you normalize, be patient.

Then I look for the article that explains what I say, in a more scientific way, ok?

fer's profile photo
fer
04/24/2014 4:02 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much, really.
I am fatal.I think it's getting worse.I look new.Every day that passes I know or understand this disease less.

Now, near dinner (inevitably) it has begun to go down, go down ... but at a dizzying pace.And I can barely stop it.I have dinner without clicking or anything, waiting for me to rise a little.And I have spent four strips in a matter of half an hour (and the ones I will spend from here to go to me), looking, eating something to see if I went up, looking again ... as if I had put an entire syringe quickly,Keep going down to the danger level.

I understand that what happens is that the rapid insulin that I put in the afternoon makes me effect now, but I don't know how or why.This insulin is supposed to effect until two hours or so, when it stops acting.And more than three hours have passed and four since I put on the punctures.Just walk a little (20 minutes) at about 7:00 p.m.

I have scared a lot, because of course, it is a thing of what I have only been able to realize, precisely, spending many strips.With the measure I had at 20:00 (135) I would have been so wide and right now I would be in a coma.But I realized that something strange happened to me.

I don't know what to do anymore.I will be worried all night.And so one day after another.You can't live like this.I don't know how the rest of the forum partners can maintain such good levels and do not give them hypoglycemia all the time.

Edito: Half an hour later, I'm about 300.
I don't know how I will be in an hour, but I fear the worst.I just ended up at the hospital.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/24/2014 5:10 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Well .If you have dinner without fast, you will have uploaded a little and you will have to put two other fast units.I think the first thing is to regulate the dose of Lantus.
Will you have any lipodystrophy that does not let you absorb insulin?
Purgas the pen before injecting?Because sometimes the dose does not work out well, if it is not purged.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/24/2014 9:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.