Please orientation

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/19/2014 2:37 p.m.

Hello again ..
For me all this is new, I commented on another post that I barely debuted with DM1 and I enter Panico and I feel it is chaos.I do not have more or less normal values ​​despite following my menu to the letter and exercise.
I have only given me Lantus 20 units and I will barely have my next appointment in 4 more days.
After eating I feel fatal, does anyone happen to someone?
Could it be a lot of insulin or little?My fasting levels 100 - 160, after food up to 290 and before dinner 140.
What can give me tips will be appreciated infinitely.
Cordial greetings from Guadalajara, Mexico;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/19/2014 2:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If after eating you have 290 it is normal for you to feel bad, they are high values.Ideally after breakfast/food/dinner is to be between 80 and 140. Possibly, apart from having to wear lantus, you need fast for food.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
04/19/2014 2:56 p.m.

You have too much lantus and you lack fast at meals

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/19/2014 9:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina said:
You have too much lantus and you are quick in meals

Regina, rookie question ....: \ "& GT; If you say that you have 100-160 (I understand that is when you get up) do you have a lot of lantus?

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/21/2014 1:32 p.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Zoilo is high after meals and I suppose after dinner, and go down a lot with only the lantus.
The Lantus must maintain stable (or almost) values ​​between meals.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/21/2014 5:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Well, just today I woke up with 192 Caray and yesterday with 84 :( I no longer understood

DiabetesForo
04/22/2014 12:45 a.m.

Hello again, I do not want to look like a harsh ;;) but I tell you .. I had my appointment and they only changed the schedule the Lantus I will put it before sleeping although after eating I still are high but I dawn super good.What experience do you have with Lantus at night?PLISS
kind regards :)

DiabetesForo
04/26/2014 12:33 a.m.

It happens to me more or less the same and the companions also tell me that I have plenty of Lantus.But it is the lantus prescribed by an endocrine.It is supposed to regulate to get well before meals, which to be well after meals is rapid, which cushions food intake.
PS: If I after eating, at two hours, it was in 80, it would seem to me that I have not eaten enough or that I have insulin left over.It is impossible.It is automatic hypoglycemia.There will be those who get like this.If I have those figures I can't do anything without eating again: I can't go out, I can't be at home, I can't go to sleep ... Without hypoglycemia a few minutes later.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/26/2014 3:23 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Daniela, if you get up well in the morning is that the Lantus is well adjusted.The lantus regulates you for the whole day, the rapid contrary to the glucose peak of the intake of a meal.If after eating you are high, you need to get fast (I think you don't, you are only with Lantus).And in the event that you are also quickly, it would be necessary to increase dose in the food.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
04/26/2014 6:04 a.m.

Daniel, how long are you taking diabetes?I do not know if you have put it, I do not know if you have been for a short time, but you have to learn to regulate insulin yourself, nobody better than ourselves know our diabetes and we have to learn to make decisions, to be autonomous.That was the first thing my endocrine taught me and you don't know how I appreciated it ......>: D <Of course we have to know how insulin acts, have good information about food, exercise ... etc.... and try and try until the best treatment, the one that best suits our lifestyle.I know that not all endocrine accept that we take the reins .....: -O ...

DiabetesForo
04/26/2014 6:56 a.m.

Precisely this morning it has been a "downward morning", when once or twice a week I get the level of sugar at all times and eating several times I cannot counteract it.In the end, on glucose.And now, 270. Pffff!

The fast has not been: I put on every day and had breakfast accordingly.I do not know whether to blame it at the 20th of Lantus last night, or to the Lantus this morning (16) since they have told me that they can "overlap".Can the Mañanera Lantus take so much effect throughout the same morning?

I will try to go down to 15 at night and about 10 in the morning, to see how it is doing.Thus it would be more or less the same amount that I get quickly, in total.But it happens to me like Daniela: some mornings I get up low and others high, even if the previous nights were equally high.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/26/2014 9:34 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Daniel, you can try to put a single dose in the morning.If you are putting yourself in total 36, try to get something less ..30?and regulates from there, to get well the next morning.If you manage to reduce the Lantus to a dose, you will avoid the hypos of the day and will be freer of schedules ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/26/2014 9:56 a.m.

So much at once, can't I make me a yu-yu mañanero?
It is not that I care to prick several times, if necessary ... but if you have six and peak, it will be better for you, maybe I should copy ...

From tomorrow, I start !!!;)

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
04/26/2014 10:28 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Daniel, to change the schedule, sees reducing the dose of the night and increasing the morning, little by little.Don't do everything in a day ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/26/2014 10:54 a.m.

After meals the safety margin walks by 140 - 150, if you are unless you expose yourself to hypos ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/26/2014 11:09 a.m.

Regina said:
After meals the safety margin walks by 140 - 150, if you are unless you expose yourself to hypos ...
>

Regina, then when?at two hours or before? ...

: \ "& gt; thanks, what a nightmare I am ...

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/28/2014 9:20 a.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

well .. at two hours.Although you can also look at the time, in case you have to put the insulin a little earlier.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/28/2014 5:05 p.m.

Because not leaning on alternative treatments are great.Do not cures but if you improve a lot.

Angie's profile photo
Angie
04/28/2014 10:05 p.m.

Angie, we do not believe in alternative treatments.The only treatment for type 1 diabetes is insulin, accompanied by good eating habits and exercise.So don't try to sell anything "alternative."

DiabetesForo
04/29/2014 5:28 a.m.

Good ... At least in my case ... at the meals at 2h I have to be over 170 so as not to fall in hiccups ... if I pass with the fast and at 2h (or before) I fall over 80...90 ... I have to eat again ... or I go downhill and without brakes ... Daniel ... that same morning problem I had for a while ... between hours I chained one hypo with another ...I went down ... I took sugar ... and after a while again ... it was becauseFirst take sugar ... like lifeguard ... but then started something more solid because once the sugar is absorbed and if you are long you go to the head.Greetings.

ranty's profile photo
ranty
06/20/2015 10:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.