Young diabetic at the UCI after 36 hours passed out on a bus

Sherpa41's profile photo   05/05/2014 8:35 a.m.

■ The 20 -year -old boy went up to Huesca at 7:00 p.m. on Friday to return home, in the town of Sena.
■ During the journey he chatted with a friend but later did not call to report that he had come home.
■ Unable to contact him, on Saturday the young woman telephoned her parents.
■ It was found on Sunday in the last row of the vehicle by the driver, with which the police contacted after the disappearance was reported.
EFE.05.05.2014

A 20 -year -old is in a critical condition in the Intensive Care Unit (UCI) of the San Jorge de Huesca Hospital, after being fainted more than 36 hours in the backs of the rear of a bus that covers the line between the capitalOscense and the population of Sariñena.

The young man, who suffers from diabetes, was located this Sunday morning by the driver of the vehicle, with whom he had contacted the police after denouncing the family the disappearance.

The victim went up to the bus at 7:00 p.m. last Friday to return to her family home in the town of Sena.Apparently, during the journey he chatted on several occasions with a friend with whom he had been in Huesca, but later he no longer called to report his arrival.The next morning, according to research sources, the friend, given the impossibility of contacting him, phoned her parents and asked them if she was at home.

The bus was parked next to the Sariñena Fairgrounds, being out of service until Monday, after making various efforts to locate their son, they finally decided to report their disappearance at the Huesca Police police station, whose managers immediately beganThe investigations for location.

About 10.30 am on Sunday, after ruling out various possibilities about the young man's whereabouts, the agents managed to contact the line bus driver and asked if he had ensured that no traveler had been left inside the vehicle.

The driver approached the bus, which had parked next to the Fairgrounds of the town of Sariñena by being out of service until Monday, and found that the young man was passed out in the last row of vehicle seats.After calling medical emergency services, he was transferred in a very serious condition to the hospital.

Link

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/05/2014 8:35 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

In incompetence and negligence, nothing is surprised in this country, where his work or God does not do well.What I don't understand is how 36 hours have been unconscious and survive ...

I hope the kid is improved ...

PD: One more reason to generalize the use of continuous meters, and not only can they use them "who can allow them";That as the country is, four privileged must be.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/05/2014 8:56 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

My mother ....
Poor boy and poor parents .....
What shame of everything!

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
05/05/2014 8:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My mother !!
I hope you recover ... And if you totally agree with Dani .... I carry the meter two months ago .... I have asymptomatic hypos and dws after a scare at home with my three pekes ... my fatherHe offered to finance me ..... and it is great .... the tranquility it gives ... but we should be able to carry it all ... and circumstances would be avoided !!

Van's profile photo
Van
05/05/2014 10 a.m.

Every day I convince myself more that I have to buy my son the MCG.Good luck I have possibilities.The pity is that not everyone can pay it for it ...
And of the incompetence of the driver better or speak

renoca's profile photo
renoca
05/05/2014 10:05 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

Neither continuous meter, nor insulin bomb nor anything at all, I have already tried several times for social security and they have always told me not, that as long as I can throw with the insulin bolis and the metformin that nothing at all.
I hope that what happened to this person is not repeated for everyone's good, and of course he recovers one hundred percent.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
05/05/2014 1:55 p.m.

When technology did not exist, okay, you manage with that because there is no other.

Today, with bolis and counting hydrates, and thus making balances, with a constant possibility of severe hypoglycemia ... it is not lived, it survives.

What can I say: with the countless comments and news, and facts (or absence of facts) that are constantly seen, every day I feel more than retirees, unemployed and sick are only a burden for society, an angry and expensive discomfort (or so they make me feel).And I am two of those three things .....

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/05/2014 2:22 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

In Antena 3, when Matías Prats has commented on the news, he said that the boy gave "a glycemic attack" ... Does anyone know what that is?

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
05/05/2014 7:07 p.m.

the Matías .. would like to say hypoglycemic ..
Does anyone know how the kid continues?I guess brain damage will be very serious, but I don't know if it will be recoverable .. I am amazed that I resisted so many hours like that ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/05/2014 8:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Let's see if it is going to be a diabetic coma due to hyperglycemia and not for hiccups?I say it because it is very rare for so many hours with a hypo, or you die (prior coma but not of so many hours) or recover and instead in one hyper if you can spend more time

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/05/2014 9:52 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

If it is weird, I hope it will improve soon, what is clear is that it is no longer news, here what sells is the "glycemic attack" and that it has been so many hours on the bus, when what really matters is that somethingThus you can happen to anyone with diabetes, to see what day they get the news from the problems of supply of the strips, or the non -financing of bombs and McGs, or the day to day of the diabetic!, in short, the press isSo...

fer's profile photo
fer
05/06/2014 3:52 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The press is like that, yes, but if we shut up, more ..

ajd's profile photo
ajd
05/06/2014 11:35 a.m.

Well it seems that he has died, sad end ..... :( :(

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/06/2014 12:38 p.m.

What a bad fortune.I really sorry for the family .., and for him.
Rest in peace.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
05/07/2014 11:47 a.m.

I hope at least that in the media nobody calls this "accident."

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/07/2014 5 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Well, I find out about the news for my sister (mother of a type I diabetic girl since the age of 5) and a Harton stuck to cry imagining that something happened to her daughter.I told her that now she is and I do not need to worry about my niece (and goddaughter) but that if one day I miss a heavy aunt (of kinship) as a lead that will make her give me the "part" every night with a "tataGood night, I'm fine. "And I think it is the best we can do, the relatives of which our loved (diabetic) being is in good condition is pending every day.Take care of you.A hug.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
05/10/2014 2:14 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

It is a shame, I do not understand that in the 21st century these things can happen.As a person and above all, as a diabetics, it gives me a lot of anger that there are "professionals" like that driver because only with what he should have done, a simple review of the bus before parking it, surely the outcome of this story would not have been so tragic.

And another thing is that yes, of course, it is always good to be aware of those people we have appreciated and who suffer from some disease but the diabetics have to learn to be independent and from very young we already know how to control and put the insulin.

I say this because it is appreciated that they are pending and worry about you but it is not necessary to be very much every day because, at least I would be overwhelmed.And I do not need every day to be reminding me that I am diabetic and that I have to be responsible and be aware at every moment of my health because I am totally aware of it.At least I see it that way.

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
05/10/2014 4:50 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

Hahaha my intention would not be to overwhelm of course !!!But I recognize that if I see myself in the tesiture I prefer to sin more than less.In addition, care would be mutual because I am diabetics too and of course I would try to be "plasta" but not heavy (I don't know if I explain myself), that is, to do it delicately and ask him first if he bothers him.Of course, I am fully aware of its independence and self -control (which is a lot since small) but losing knowledge escapes the self -control of anyone and that if, even there, without enduring any other theme of your diabetes (or your life) of your life)More than "being aware" of her and that she is fine because even threw it (as I imagine the parents of that boy were) look what happens.And it is not that I doubted her or that he does not know how to take care, is that I doubt others!Our society is very little prepared for medical emergencies (they should give basic notions of medicine in schools).Here in my town a few days ago an older man was sitting at the bus stop and people not.Fortunately, the fact passed in front of the ambulatory and the director of the center looks by chance to the window and knowing him and knowing that he was quickly low diabetic to inject glucagon.So my modest opinion is that living with diabetes is the mutual responsibility to take care (by the patient) and be pending without overwhelming (those who live with him).We must not forget that despite being self -sufficient we do not leave in a certain way of being "sick" and as such precise special attention.It is what I believe, I do not intend.Kisses to everyone.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
05/11/2014 5:27 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Yes, Nina, I give you the reason in which society should be more prepared to recognize medical emergencies.Perhaps the only good thing about this news is to help it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/11/2014 11:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Years ago, it seems to me to remember, a diabetic boy died in the subway;Apparently because of the state in which he was and his aesthetics was as disheveled, they took him for an Yonky and died.
Perhaps society should be more prepared in medical emergencies, or that they all gave us at least one first aid workshop.But I return to the same, and I'm sorry if I am heavy with the subject: right now there are means to avoid hypoglycemia (the most dangerous for a diabetic) that not all diabetics can have.

On TV, for the theme of cuts, news sometimes comes out that innovative treatments for very chungas diseases such as cancer cost a money and more older ones are used, putting the lives of those patients at risk.People shout in heaven for it.This case seems little more or less comparable, but nobody cares three balls, because while one can allow spending (such as the one with private insurance to have the best treatment for cancer) others that seek life.

If this boy had had an alarm, he would be alive.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/11/2014 1:18 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.