Hypoglycemia without cause

anallabres's profile photo   05/05/2014 11:06 a.m.

Hello everyone,
Debut 8 years ago.My controls have been good although with hypoglycemia.Two months ago I had my daughter.
The case is that things are happening to me that had not happened so far.
On Thursday I had the glycemia well all day.At 14 I click 5u Novorapid Comi and at two hours it was great.At 17 I did another control and I was in 96. From this time the levels rise since the lantus leaves to act.At 17.20 I ate half panecillo without clicking with the intention of going to run, but at 10 minutes I did not understand anyone and could not articulate word.I drink a juice and solve.Obviously I did not exercise.I have no decline if I do not use fast insulin and the ones I have give me room to act by presenting other symptoms such as dizziness or sweat.But the worst came in the early morning of Saturday.I put on 5u about 20.30 on Friday and Comi.I was fine.We fell asleep in the sofa and I did not put the lantus at 00. We woke up at 3 and I did a control, I had 96. I put the lantus 10 units (three less than the usual) for what had happened to meThursday.At 3.50 I recover consciousness after my desperate partner will injected the glucagon.He had woken it by babbling, fell to the ground and convulses.Something that had never happened to me was unconscious.I ended up control.I usually wake up with the same levels with which I go to bed.I drink a juice and I mediate (312).After an hour they measured me in the hospital (110).Tension 116-580, Frec.Cardiac: 60. Tuesday sees me the endocrine, can the level of sugar in blood down this way down?What could cause it?Has it happened to you without the intervention of fast insulin or physio exercise?Maybe they weren't hypoglycemia?I don't know what to think ...
Greetings to all

anallabres's profile photo
anallabres
05/05/2014 11:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The night that gave you the yuyazo you did not take anything before bed?That must always be done by possible declines during the night.Even if I have pe.160, I take a glass of milk with a couple of cookies.

It is what happens to me, that I measure a lot because you have to take into account "the line" of descent or rise.I can have any time 110, and you say "Guay", but if an hour before I had 200 is that it is going down quickly from the milk and in twenty minutes or half an hour I will be in hiccup.If one night you get up and you are below 100 or there, take something.

The types of sugars that have been taken at dinner are also different, some are faster and more slow absorption.Or may have given birth so little I have your body lost.How difficult!

Recently, the Lantus also gave me an intense and fast decrease.And that happened to me exactly as you have described: for having put the lantus with a long time of difference between dinner.If I do it beyond the two hours of having dinner, bad, bad (or that I have understood that you did).

It is the only thing that occurs to me to say (that really, I am either to give advice ...)

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/05/2014 12:55 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Ana, it only occurs that, if you are with breastfeeding, you consume a lot of glucose and need to lower the dose of all inslinas.
Those hypos aprus are not frequent, but, if they give, they are very strong. I think it happens if you click near a vein or something ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/05/2014 5:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I don't know if it will work for something, but my nurse told me that the quick would give it to me in the gut before eating, of course;And the Lantus later, in the legs, and with a inclination of 45 degrees, because it can go down.

I believe that this specific case could be because the lantus was put in an hour of vacuum, already made the digestion of the food;And you have to put it while you are assimilating the sugar of an intake, which gives you downturn, apparently.

I try to leave between an hour and an hour and a half between one picnhazo and another (that is, as the fast goes before, and it takes you to eat more or less half an hour, because more or less half an hour or an hour after having eaten).But no more, to avoid what has been said.The bad thing is that with so much separation you can forget.As it once happens to me and I know what can happen to me if I put it on a vacuum, I still get half.And the next day, because the cycle is resumed.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/05/2014 5:39 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Thank you very much .. I am made dust since it was very traumatic to get up and see my partner and my baby crying and what accompanied them.I fear because I do not know why of the descents .. I would like to relate them to breastfeeding and be sure that it would not be repeated if I stop breastfeeding even if I am not sure that it is that.At the moment I look every 40 minutes and every hour x night.We are looking at the sensors.It is very sad.
Thank you very much for reading me.

anallabres
05/05/2014 7:02 p.m.

Your endocrine would not have warned you if breastfeeding were potentially dangerous?
Consult with the head doctor at least, before making any decision ...

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/05/2014 7:24 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Today I'm going to see it ... let's see q m says

anallabres
05/06/2014 7:23 a.m.

I tell you,

It is very likely for breastfeeding.700 kcal more is consumed, especially the first months.I got almost 50% the basal during breastfeeding and I have thinned what is not written eating as a lime.I still continue with breastfeeding, but I am pregnant and I notice that I am producing less milk and I had to upload about 5 units the basal (12 I have passed 17)

Breastfeeding can produce strong hypoglycemia, but insulin adapts.You say that two months ago you gave light, between 2 and 3 months there is a breastfeeding crisis where the baby is more nervous and demands much more, but it hardly holds sucking, have you noticed if that happens?With that, what the child gets is to stimulate the chest to produce more milk ... maybe the reason for your hypoglycemia is there.

I was very afraid of breastfeeding, because I had read stories like yours, in fact until the day he was born I did not know if he was going to give him or not, but little by little I was giving the right dose of insulin (especially affectsthe basal) and I have achieved 16 months of a very satisfactory breastfeeding, and as I commented, I am pregnant again and we continue with the tetita (Sugar that will be wealed only when the demand goes down)

Have you noticed much thirst when you give breastfeed?You can try to take about 100ml of juice just when the take, and take a control at the time more or less, to see what happens.I read this in an American forum, of a girl who was the only way he had found to not have hypoglycemia.

You will tell us how you are going, and here we are here to help you

tica's profile photo
tica
05/06/2014 7:54 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Only one more comment, although I look like a lactation fanatic, and I think it is the best for the baby, at least the first months ... when you can't do not you can and a good bottle is better and enjoy your son... I would try to take a little more time and therefore the bibe ...

I had also forgotten, that there was a moment (I do not remember if at 4 or 5 months) that my son began to breastfeed, then did not suck anything in hours ... A disaster of shots.And although all breastfeeding advisors recommend breastfeeding on demand, there I had to start a small routine.I gave him when he asked me (although if I asked me every hour, I tried to distract him), but if he was more than 4 hours without eating, I took milk.It was a few days, but I also overwhelm, I even went to see the endocrine who looked at me with the face of what are you telling me?

tica's profile photo
tica
05/06/2014 7:59 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Daniel is not normal for him to lie with 160 have to make him right, I insist, until Lantus adjustments you will not have good control or you will stop having those drops so abrupt, nor are you going to take away the fear of hypoglycemia, nor are you goingTo have good hem.Another thing, Lantus can be pricked without eating anything, on an empty stomach, because it does not serve to cover any intake, it is a basal insulin, in flat theory, because it has a small peak at 3 or 4 hours of putting it (II did) but very small.
Anallabres, all hypoglycemia has cause, excess insulin, in your case possibly because of breastfeeding.But it may be for eating few hydrates or excessive or other causes ......: -S

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/06/2014 8:52 a.m.

Tica you have left me much quieter.What surprises me is that I am with mitxa breastfeeding and in the first descent I had not breastfed since the early morning.On both occasions it had almost 0 d any type of insulin.I think that possibly at that moment I started producing milk and glycemia fell into chopped.Q scare my mother.Then I tell you what the endocrine tells me.
Prado I know there is a cause that is what I am looking for since I do not know it.Sorry, express me badly.

anallabres
05/06/2014 11:43 a.m.

Tica congratulations x your pregnancy!

anallabres
05/06/2014 11:46 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.