Fast insulin effect.

DanielPD's profile photo   05/10/2014 11:21 a.m.

I open this issue to make sure I don't do something wrong ... or to corroborate it, rather.

I often have high sugar.For example, in the morning.Or maybe at five in the afternoon.Being so I get more insulin to lower it, of course.In theory, the effect of fast insulin, I think, lasts about two hours, so that at two hours or little more, "it runs out" and no longer acts on the body.I understand that.

Apart from the reasons why the high sugar has, the case is that if I wear more to lower it, I should see effects of that puncture at two hours or before.But many times, or always really, I don't see it that way.

Example 1: It's five in the afternoon, and I put two more units.At six I can be equally high.And at seven.Maybe I put a unit or two more.At eight o'clock I can be the same and yet sugar can begin to collapse quickly from that moment, with the danger it entails.

Example 2: (as today happened to me) I have 300 when I get up and I put eight units (normally four, if I'm fine).It's ten o'clock and I'm the same.It's 11 and I'm the same.Four, five hours of having punctured me have already passed and does not lower me as minimal.Then they are twelve and I begin to feel the descent, at this rate:
12:00 -& GT;205
12:15 -& GT;151
12:30 -& GT;106
12:40 -& GT;69

The same, identical, happened to me yesterday afternoon, more or less at dinner time, but even worse.Needless to say the scare that I have given, and that if I do not spend half a boat of strips between yesterday and today or find out about the donor I have.At about 12:20 I was already taking a glyco-up, and then a sugar envelope, and then another ... so brutal was the descent, that for thirty minutes I kept going down until I, already with theGlucagon box to point, I have seen that I was starting to rise a little.

Already a little stabilized, I have normally eaten.And now ... well, I hope to be in 300 or give me another drop in the milk, because I no longer know why my body happens what happens to it.Things that never happened to me before.

So my question is that: if the Humalog Kwik Pen, for some strange effect on the body, can be something like "latent" in the body, and then "in betrayal" to give the unstoppable droop.The bad above all is that: that neither glucose is managed to stop, because it already seems like dragging the descent, and I put half a sugar boat or reach the coma.And of course this spending tiiiras and tiiiras ...

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/10/2014 11:21 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Daniel, will you have lipodystrophies?They are areas q.They are very punctured and bulky, and there insulin is absorbed very badly.
Normally the rapid lasts a maximum of 4 hours, and has a beak at the hour and a half or two hours, but not so pronounced.
It seems that it takes you more absorption and then acts suddenly .., try to click on the zone ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/10/2014 11:49 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Oh!Yes, I have one in the tripocha, but I avoid it until I recover ...

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/10/2014 11:59 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Daniel, on the one hand gives the feeling that you need more lantus, you get up high, you don't get well to meals ... but if you go up you have night drops, (I think I have also read in another post) maybe you have toSplit the doses in 2 punctures as I do, if I only put it at night, to food and dinner I arrive high and if I upload it I give me nightly drops.
If I put it in the morning in the only dose, it happens to me a little of the same, to the high dinner and to breakfast too and if I upload the units abrupt down during the day) but unfolding I have managed to be more stable throughout the day.
Regarding the rapid of meals, as Regina has told you between 2 and 4 hours, these last 2 with much less effect.
What areas do you click and slow?That greatly influences absorption.Verify that you have no packages as Regina told you because in those areas it is very typical that is badly absorbed and then released when you want, after a hot bath or if it is on your legs, with the exercise ... and takeDownload to song that you don't know where it comes to you
Try to put the slow on your legs or ass and fast in your arms and gut, in your ass and legs it is absorbed much later, the rap).
Another thing is also the type of HC that you eat, faster or slower, for example, rice, rice makes a lot of peak after meals (the post is usually high) but then you run out quickly and you can have aDown in mid -afternoon

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/10/2014 12:52 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

They just put much more lantus in fact.
And I put it in twice, as it puts in my signature.
The quick use in the gut, avoiding the lipo, the lantus on the legs.The nurse told me to do so.
I don't know, I don't avoid problems because I really do not detect the cause.Despite the enormous amount of Lantus I still are high in the afternoon (although after eating it is well going up throughout the afternoon).Or very high, or down.I'm never fine.It is desperate.But yes "it seems" that insulin does not affect me, but then, as you say, "it is liberated" indiscriminately, acting suddenly.

I think I must be the weird case of diabetic in the world.And as I go ... buf!

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/10/2014 1:04 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

I take Novomix 70 to food because although I wear 2 lantus, I don't get to dinner well.
I am also a rare bichito, heh Je !!
I carry MCG and it is how I have been able to adjust to arrive, these guidelines in the blind eyes are very difficult.
Have you read the fast HC of my previous post?I have modified it

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/10/2014 1:10 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.