Barcelona: Healing of diabetic dogs.Disappointment.

DanielPD's profile photo   05/17/2014 5:53 p.m.

This theme of a research team has already been mentioned in the forum that with artificially redesigned molecules have apparently "cure" dogs lasting in time.

The research line, after mice and dogs, follows now and in the coming years towards larger dogs.But it is expected in the not too distant future to be able to apply discoveries in humans.

So far, the information that can be found on any page in Spanish.

I have spent the last weeks looking for and refusing in all kinds of pages, until, seeing that this seemed highly promising, I went to look in pages in the language of the perfidious albion.Pages and more pages that I met, and that in fact I have not kept to be able to put here a link, but well ...

What has been my surprise when what I find is that these alleged discoveries made in Barcelona not only do not care about the scientific community, but they are also considered of little scientific value.From what I have been able to understand, they do not retain in their experiments all the parameters that a scientific research must have to be considered such, in the sense of being able to offer predictive results (otherwise, it is like throwing the target to see ifis right).On the other hand, we know that great scientific discoveries in history have become a bit by accident and another little with some luck ...

In particular, I do not know which Yanky scientist (my phoma of giving the information is also extremely precise ... very similar to that of any Spanish journalist) that turns out that he is investigating the same, did not happen that these supposed achievements were curious, but that basically did not expect anything from them for humans.He simply described these experiments as promoting an evil in the body to pop oscistry, artificially, so that you already have the instructions, so to speak.I did not expect those dogs, not even less humans, they could carry later
"Really" a normal life like that of someone to whom the pancreas works.

The comparison that I can think of, to explain it, is that of a puzzle: this research group is as if I had broken down an image in small pieces, and then I would have reversed the pieces ... but knowing the starting image, of course.And apparently it is that in diabetological research, there is not even that image, nor is it known where to break the puzzle, or where each piece is going.

In short, with all the pain of my heart, I must tell who will wait for some of these information that came out in newspapers and radios, which expect little or nothing.

As usual, if we depend on biological research, we will have to expect the results to come from another country.A pity.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/17/2014 5:53 p.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

If, I was also surprised that in the American forums they did not show much interest in the research of Barcelona.It seemed so promising ... Can you give those sources?

Sadly that would confirm the criticisms that I read recently, that today's scientists as they know that their research has no way out, they first sell it very well, to ensure financing and repercussion, and then extend it and stretch it as much as possible.Ensuring many years of work for them, at the expense of the hope of the sick.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/17/2014 8:13 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, a somewhat skeptical example:
Link

I don't know where I was looking for, because it's simply a matter of sailing with different words.You try to put different combinations in the search engine, such as:

Diabetic Dogs Barcelona Gene Therapy Health Research ........

That kind of thing.There are a million sites that deal with the news.In general, I see that they treat it with curiosity, but with some skepticism.Perhaps it is also because it is not its invention (which in the field of science there are also stabs traperas), but of a third world country of those where they go on vacation ... Barcelona ... Mexico?Spain is south of the US?Ha ha!They are very his, the Anglos.How in a country where the streets are not paved or have a sewerage, and there are goats through the streets, will they heal such a disease?Ha ha!

As I see it, the problem is not what they are really doing or not by this or other invention groups, which they do know very well what they are doing, and in the international scientific community it is known how to assess the different advances.

The problem is how the information is usually given, in tasty headlines, which then hide subtly different information that only conceals the ignorance of the news.They tell you that they have already healed dogs with diabetes and that the next step is in humans.Then you inform yourself a little and you see that it is not really so, and go ...

This reminds me of this when with a laboratory experiment it was said that scientists had sent an electron to the past, and the outlets that the trip in time was possible.Different physicists had to leave explaining that it would not really be like this, that there was a certain paradox in the measurement instruments so that the receiver indicated the arrival of the electron before the emitter to detect it and I do not know what roll, but come on, that does notThere was time trip.

I, to follow scientific developments, recommend an internetera magazine called "Matter", who know there quite well what they speak, when they give scientific news, as of cell research.

Buf!What a roll that I have solta .......

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/18/2014 4:42 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

On a page I found profuse information, and in a somewhat technical language that cost me to understand.I can't find it anymore, because clicking you, you don't know where.

There they explained the investigation a bit, and it served me to understand it (on no Spanish page I have been able to find so much information).

Basically, they have not cured diabetic dogs.They have cured dogs with diabetes.I explain myself, the pancreas have sneak up to some poor puppies (above Beagles, the most beautiful dogs, ha ha!), And then with that therapy consisting of injecting altered molecules in the muscle of the hind legs to produce insulin and all theRoll, the thing has worked.

But they were not really diabetic dogs naturally, in the sense that this disease is not simply to have screwed the pancreas, but that it is an autoimmune disease that your own body destroys other cells of your body.Actually that has not fixed it.

Yes there are other research throughout the world, well trying to generate cells resistant to that aggression, either trying to "reprogram" aggressor cells, etc.

There comes my comparison, xD !:
-It is as if it had to fix a tire, which is very fine, that tends to tear, that is punctured everywhere, and that it also has a tremendous slit that there is hardly any way to cover so that the car works.It is very complicated!
-In Barcelona, ​​they have taken a tire in perfect conditions, they have deflated it a bit, and then they have inflate again.Nothing else.

Maybe it serves to know the disease better, perhaps to improve some treatment, maybe it turns out for diabetes II ....
... But heals, heals, as the headlines pointed out, I'm afraid that he will not come from there.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/18/2014 5:32 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

As I have read in your link it could be that dogs not being real diabetics still had beta vivas cells.

I was looking at the websites yesterday (islet.org) and what they said was that contrary to what was stated in many articles, if animals had been cured of that size.Already in 1996 Tony Sun Curo to Diabetic Monkeys with encapsulated beta cells, and instead that treatment when it has been tested in people with DM1 does not cure them, they hardly improve a little.

Seeing the investigations, it gives the feeling that animals need very little insulin because with few beta cells or in any state they are already cured.Instead, humans need much more functional beta cells, with a very good blood and oxygen irrigation.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/18/2014 9:44 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Repeated.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/18/2014 9:45 a.m.

Also that laboratory animals are in very controlled conditions, and then normal life with all their incidents is more difficult to control.

But in the information you give (from 1996 !!!) we return a little to the same thing: they really have not "cured", a certain disorder they have fixed it, but it is not the type I disease as it is presented in a natural way, but in controlled and artificial conditions.

Well, finally, the result is the same: for now, it does not work for us.A pity, I had made many illusions when I read it for the first time ......-

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/18/2014 9:53 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

I have sailed looking about that Anthony Sun, the priest monkeys ... and then they said that they expected a satisfactory cure for peeled monkeys (= humans) for the year 2000 !!!

Poor Illusos ... ha ha ha!

(I laugh for not crying)

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/18/2014 10:10 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Anyway, all research is good, because you never know where they can end. There are many examples of great discoveries that have been made by chance, but always within a research frame.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/18/2014 5:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

But guys, are you really optimistic waiting for a cure?I am convinced that I will not see it and nothing could like me more (but for me, at least for my niece that drags such a heavy load since the age of five).The only thing that I think we can do is show us collaborators if they ask us to participate in a clinical study (as they did with me) and take care of ourselves as much as we can, without lowering our guard a second.The rest are false hopes and various disappointments among which our lives elapsed.I do not want to waste my life (I prefer to enjoy it) waiting for a cure that I will not see ... (I only have the confidence that if I arrive in time for my descendants)

nina45's profile photo
nina45
05/18/2014 8:29 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

nina45 said:
but guys, really are optimistic waiting for a cure?.I am convinced that I won't see it and nothing could like it more

What is clear is that if we do not press that we are the only interested in which it comes out ... well, expensive artificial pancreas those sure that if they come out.In fact, they have already been tested in several places but going from being tied to a syringe to a machine full of tubes, I am not very interested.

Anyway ... isn't it better to have any hope than any? That defeatism of many diabetics sounds a bit to surrender.In other much more complicated diseases, associations are more active and combative so that it is investigated in good address and is not thrown into stupid education campaigns and the like.

And if you hope in something it has to do with wasting or not life?If I had more hopes that I would soon have many more reasons to fight and enjoy it.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/18/2014 8:56 p.m.

Although the medicine that uses genetic therapy will be the qualitative leap in the coming decades since the time it has been using "only" chemical for everything, it is still in diapers and for many of us it will be late.However, they can emerge, if not "the cure", yes more effective treatments for diabetes well for their complications.With what I at least prefer to keep up of technical advances.

Especially for those who have diabetic kids now, who have the founded hope that improvements will arrive.

I don't know if you know, @nina, that today there is already technology to cure deafmoment).There are also many trials to regenerate damaged organs with stem cells (sometimes "pure", other times modified in laboratory) to the point of regenerating tissues such as heart valves of a patient with heart disease.This can serve for annoyed kidneys, for example, and say bye bye to dialysis.In about 20 years, perhaps more, whole body will be manufactured with cells of your own body.Of course, I suppose at an exorbitant price.Nanotechnology will also be used to repair obstructed arteries, and today means are already being tested to prevent metastasis in certain types of cancer.

But yes: in ten years at least the most there will be automated and improved bombs (the third approval of one of them in the US was expected for this year. Apparently these Shan thing to spend three screens), and although it is not a matterthat "complaining" we will make this advance faster, grouped through the Federation and asking (doing a lot of strength, Mahco noise) its future inclusion in the same SS we can improve the quality of life of many people (verbigracia, I);Since, if those pots arrive in a couple of years, but cost 1000 euros a month (to say something, I invented) turn it off and let's go.Also the Google Superlentilla will charge you online for each measurement, I do not know if I explain (diabetic = €$$$$$$$$$iable arrow).In ten years we will all carry the famous slow slow down, whether for diabetes, be it for hyperreality, the simultaneous translation of any tongue, the instantaneous immersion in the network.The future is just around the corner, ha ha !!!

It seems to me that I read too many books .....

Apart from what medical science gives us, we should be united.:-))

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/19/2014 4:49 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

Dear Sherpa41 and Danielpd (both two).You see, I think I'm going to explain better than not clear ... I'm not negative (at all !!!).On the contrary I am one of the most optimistic people you have met.
Of course it is not to waste life to wait for a remedy to this illness but I explain what I was referring to and you will surely understand me better ...
Since I have reason (there for seven years) that I am hearing that I aim to appear the cure for diabetes.My parents, although my father (non -diabetic) should say he took badly but fatal. Hey, his wife's diabetes (my mother).So bad it took it that I started a "via crucis" of doctor in doctor lookingOf that, it was everything to ask and dump all the hopes in each new advance ... you can imagine how many disappointments did they take?They assumed the disease as a misfortune ... forgive me but.I, I want to live my illness!I am 46 years old, by the time a real cure appears (not a patch) will surely be late for me.Also when that supposed "cure" appears, will have to reach Spain, pass all the controls and on top of that will have an exorbitant price from which only a few can be benefited ... We will have to wait for Social Security to subsidize it, etc..
Daniel, I know the advances for deafThe treatment?
Anyway, I prefer (with your permission) to live as if there were no possibilities for healing diabetes (read about it without exciting me and you have a happiest.If it comes out with a fuck!I invite you both to the chocolate cup with churros larger than you find (to bother our newly recovered and.holgazanes pancreas hahaha).
I do not want to depress anyone ... as you say very well, it is more than likely that the small ones who now debut in the disease, these can see the cure.And yes.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
05/26/2014 3:20 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

I understand your attitude after seeing how bad your parents passed it, but you don't confuse hope (which seems that they did not have), rather it seemed like a sickly obesion to find something that still does not exist.

Precisely, yesterday seeing a series where a huge ship is lost, with thousands of people, the husband's husband says that there is a failure in the ship and means everyone that there is no hope.However, the woman and ship's commander avoid it and tells her that "hope is everything."

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/26/2014 4:11 p.m.

Sherpa41 Goodooo you are reason.Will I keep hope, okay? ... But little huh !!!-ha ha ha-.Kisses and take care of yourself

nina45's profile photo
nina45
05/26/2014 7:27 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.