Doubt about bolus corrector

belefe74's profile photo   05/18/2014 1:18 p.m.

Hello!!
I have a doubt, and when I wear a square bolus I have the high glycemia, but when I want to put on a corrector bolus, it does not put it because there is an active insulin.
I'm afraid to put it in case it gives me hiccups, but staying with 300 .............. Well, I don't like it either.
Before I did not use this type of bolus, but it was not well either, and I have never achieved perfect control.
Can anyone answer me to this?Thank you.

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
05/18/2014 1:18 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Hi @Belefe74,

Here is a good reading, especially the first topic that gives a scientific explanation about how to make the correction properly, I hope they serve you!;)

Superions to correct hyper
Link
When and with how much to be corrected?
Link
How do you rectify?
Link

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
05/20/2014 8:49 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much Fer !!Something that has served me, and that is, when I read, it seems to me that it is less than the subject, we are currently being very lost, I do not know if to correct, if not do it, we do not know.And it is that being every day the same sometimes hypo, other hyper (a roller coaster we go) doing the same.
Besides that I am very demanding with myself and I want to always be perfect.
And that feeling of helplessness that I feel when I better want to do it and worse I can.Besides that I have never managed to be well adjusted.
Let's see if reading everyone I learn a little more and I get it.:)

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
05/20/2014 12:58 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997

@Belefe74, I have been looking at my bomb's instructions (Medtronic) and I can't find anything about bolus corrector when the square bolus is active.What do not call the house to get you out of doubt?I have been looking for and I can't find anything or for the network ...
You will tell us and encourage!

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
05/20/2014 1:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

No, that is not, maybe I have not explained myself well, it does not give me correction when I have an active insulin, the bolus that is but the square as it lasts longer, it also active clearly, even if it is with high values, thenI was afraid to correct on my own just in case, an example, yesterday I went to the gim and returned to 260 because I took temporary for the exercise, in post 251, and I did not give me correction for active insulin, this morning when I wake up 128 128, but of course, I did not feel like lying like this, but and if I do it on my own and take hiccups at midnight !!
Ah !!I also Medtronic Minimed
Forgive me if sometimes I do not explain very well, I think faster than I speak and also more than I write
: \ "> In two weeks I have stayed with the nurse, to see what she tells me too.
I already tell you.

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
05/20/2014 2:42 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.