COLE EXCURSION

Beky's profile photo   05/22/2014 3:44 p.m.

Hello everyone.I haven't passed the messages for a long time, so I hope you are all well and the Pekes are huge, healthy and happy.

I go to the point because I don't have much time.In the school from one day to another they are putting problems to monitor Nyah, I will tell you more detail another day with more time.Tomorrow they have an excursion and they have told me that we cannot go something that we will not make clear.This is the last, but I do not stop it, I think they will continue to make difficulties.It is many years but I would like you to tell me your experiences about it.I have always been able to go to all the excursions even in this school and now I meet this at the end of the course and what they argue is that it is for the good of the girl who is already greater.

Everything has been very precipitated and we have not even been able to inform us.The only doubt that arises is that they have told us that by signing the authorization to exit to the excuse is with all the consequences and that the girl would not give it to me because they are responsible, to which I answered them that I do notI will take anywhere, I would only treat it.
Greetings to all and thanks as always.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
05/22/2014 3:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Beky, the only thing I cancollaborate in those situations.
My daughter did not start going to the excursions until she was 10 years old, she changed it for something else, but they do not have to stay at home if their mothers can accompany them.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/22/2014 6:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina, in the end I did just what you recommended, luck that I had a report by the pediatrician I had asked for work and I could deliver it at the last moment for the excursion and thus avoid more bad rolls.I hope this will help you not make us hits when it comes to controlling it.Thank you very much for your advice.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
05/29/2014 8:11 p.m.

I am very happy that it has served you, Beky.A medical report is sacred.
A hug!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/30/2014 11:13 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am being lucky in school, but I'm glad you will fix it ..... what little sensitivity and humanity

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
06/09/2014 2:48 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Thank you very much Papajesus, I'm glad that in your school you have no problems.I had not had any and that that this is the fourth year already, but I think they are other interests that have nothing to do with diabetes so they have now changed their attitude.Of course, totally agree with you, neither humanity nor sensitivity.Of not wanting to know anything about the matter from the beginning to tell me when and how I have to treat my daughter's disease.All the best.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
09/17/2014 3:52 p.m.

Hi, Maria has an excursion on the 20th. Yesterday brought me the authorization to sign it and super happy, even as I did not have the right amount to pay her and make the reservation, she took her savings.But now he calls me to tell me how the morning has gone and tells me that he is afraid to go to the excursion.I have told him that we would talk about it peacefully this afternoon, that nothing happened, that there would be no problem and that nothing happened if I did not go, that the teachers would understand it .... Do you have any experience to be able to reassure it?At their age they usually pay more attention to what others say than their own parents.
And another thing, in the event that I go, I want the teacher to take the glucagon, do you know what a cold portfolio model would it be the ideal to bring the glucagon and one or two insulin bolis?I planned to buy one anyway to have it, so the time has come ...

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/08/2015 1:53 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hello everyone.
I'm going to get into the conversation from the other point of view, but maybe it helps you.I am now 40 years old and diabetes from 7. To the usual excursions my mother was always going with the school, but I remember that there were some camps that were raffled and I never touched me.Of course it cost me a few years to realize why.Now I have an 8 -year -old girl and perfectly understand the fear of my parents on top.I never wanted to go to diabetic camps, but I don't want to say that they are not a good help to meet and self -control.However, I think the ideal is that the child himself knows how to handle himself in everyday situations by himself and for that there is no age.The first time I left alone with my class I was 13 years old, and teachers with no knowledge of diabetes, but there was no problem.Also now I have coworkers, gym, etc. who know nothing and do my life for myself.If you are afraid of driving yourself, I would not go, but at some point it has to be our first time.
In my daughter's class there is a diabetic girl (8 years old), and in the next 3 -day camp, the parents have rented a room in a nearby hotel to spend the nights with her, but that for the day does the usual activities.Each child and every family is a world, but I think the important thing is to be calm (as far as possible)

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/08/2015 2:46 p.m.

@Ele, Maria is right now the same age when doing the first excursion with diabetes.Both his father and I are also afraid, but of course we are not going to tell him and we are not going to force it either ...

With the theme of the camp something similar happened to us, just the month of her diagnosis Maria had the camp to which she goes every year, with the Juniors group to which she belongs, Maria wanted to go but fear could more and we quiet.What we did was to spend a 3 -three -day weekend with her to the camp, Maria and her sister with the rest of the children and my husband and I almost almost monitors.Maria also does not want to go to camps only for children with diabetes.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
10/08/2015 2:56 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

If you surely make monitors better than any
I think I would do what you are doing not force her and let her decide
In the end the excursions are to have a good time and not to the contrary
I refer to that that when you decide to go it is because you feel prepared

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/08/2015 4:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.