Underlined weight gain

FernandoGR's profile photo   05/30/2014 5:39 p.m.

Well, it has cost me to expose this online but I will explain my case to see if someone is able to shed some light into my situation.I have been diabetic for 4 years (now I have 26) and although I have always had a slight trend to overweight, I have been quite controlled since the 14 that I began to practice martial arts, together with fitness (musculation, running, etc.).The thing is that before debuting I lost it because of ketoacidosis until I stayed in 80kg (I am 1.85 but I am of a rather robust constitution, with 80kg I was authentically squalid) so that I was admitted to the hospital because of this.
During the honeymoon period I recovered my health and my normal weight, and little by little I lowered my glycosylated hemoglobin periodically.However, after the first year and a half I continued to increase, despite exercising regularly and eating healthy.This has continued until today, being 35kg above my normal weight (before 95, now 130).Of course my doctor does not know what it should, he tells me that unfortunately it is genetic and there is the thing.In the last analysis I had the thyroid values ​​almost to a minimum, so based on insisting and under the suspicion that it could be subclinical hypothyroidism, Eutirox 25 was prescribed. 25. I took it diligently and my thyroid values ​​returned to normalThey withdrew the treatment.I still don't know what causes me to increase so much weight, and I do not receive any help from my doctors.

On me I will say that I follow a diet of 1800 kilocalories (which according to my nurse is too low for my weight) and right now my average hemoglobin is 6.4.I exercise at least 4 times a week, between running (40 min to 1h, what you can) weights, boxing and walking.Before debuting he was a martial arts professor and studied a senior cycle of sports activities, so I have notions in nutrition and metabolism, as well as in exercises and methods.I hope someone can shed some light to this, because I am quite depressed and every time I am adjusting more my diet and crushing more with exercise without obtaining results and even at risk of injuries since my physical condition is not adequate.Greetings and thanks

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
05/30/2014 5:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Fernando.Good morning.In my opinion for what you explain, you should not have the thyroid controlled and that must be the first step.If your thyroid does not work well, they cannot withdraw the medication because as soon as you do the problem and I assure you that if you suffer from hypothyroidism no matter how much you do (even if you just eat) you will not get weight loss.Moreover ... "inexplicably" you will gain weight constantly.You see a good endocrine (even if private) to prescribe medication (which is for life) and you will see how you can lower a few kilos.If it serves as comfort to my sister, it has hypothyroidism) and although it is a constant struggle with the tilting, it remains in acceptable values.A companion hug and you will see how you can ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
06/13/2014 6:40 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Did the treatment withdraw?Wtf?My endocrine told me that hypothyroidism with medication is no problem (in my case a couple of changes in the daily pattern of Eutirox 25 until finding the appropriate values), but never said to remove it.
Fortunately, Eutirox is quite cheap.
Luck

19lajara's profile photo
19lajara
06/13/2014 6:48 a.m.

debut:1993. HbA1c: 6.1% (12/02/24). Desde Marzo 2024 intentando entender a mi nueva pareja, una Ypsopump con CamdiabFx.
..., Deporte, deporte, alguna carrera corta, media distancia, Marathon Valencia 2017, Marathon Frankfurt 2016, 1/2 Maratón Zaragoza 2016; Maratón Zaragóza 2015; ...

If you gave normal values ​​in the analyzes taking eutirox, the logical if you have removed it is that you are low again.It makes no sense to take it away, the thyroid function does not recover, so if you need Eutirox to climb, you will always need it as Nina 45 says, you will even have to increase dose if you continue to fatter like this.
How are you?
Tiredness, constipation, cold ... These are symptoms of hypothyroidism, insists with the endocrine and that repeats the analysis of TSH and T4 without taking the eutirox (so that they are falsified) that will surely come out low
This is a matter of being heavy and giving the rod until they listen to you.Luck

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/13/2014 7:34 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thanks for your comments, really.Right now I am waiting for a second analysis to determine if my thyroid function has been normalized or is still low.As for symptoms, I have mostly been noticing a lot of unjustified tiredness and also much dry skin without apparent cause, accompanied by hair loss and body hair.I do not know if it is due to the thyroid or some other hormone or process, what you know is that doctors do not strive to help me and this is quite frustrating.

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
06/23/2014 5:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The symptoms you describe are also typical of hypothyroidism.
Well, to see if something is seen in the analyzes and begin to give you a solution ... do not discourage you that you will see that you are going better

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/23/2014 7:45 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.