Body On centers

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo   06/07/2014 8:25 a.m.

Hello!
Do you know the body on centers?More or less what they do is put a suit like neoprene, and by stimuli they "activate" your muscles, so that 20 minutes of session equals 3-4 hours of gym .. they have opened one in my city recently,And a friend who works there offers me a free session to see how it works, says that there is no contraindication in which type 1 diabetics we use it but ... I have no idea how this will affect my glycemias ...
Anyone who knows the subject, or have you tried?
Greetings Compis.

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo
Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
06/07/2014 8:25 a.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010
Bomba insulina Minimed 640G - Uso Freestyle libre de forma discontinua

This is supposed to be anaerobic exercise and, theoretically, it could only produce hyperglycemia.As always, you will know what you have to do based on trial-error.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/08/2014 5:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/09/2014 1:09 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

OKEY!I await your response gala, having to adjust insulin and meals to every new thing I do .. I just want the desire to try anything :(

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
06/10/2014 8:41 a.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010

Lidia, if you say that moderate physical exercise already produces hypos, will you have too much insulin?What insulin do you use?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/10/2014 11:27 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/10/2014 1:02 p.m.

Regina, use Lantus (20uds at night) and Apidra according to glycemias, I don't have a fixed guideline.With the amount of lantus that I use now I am going well for the normal activity that I have in the day, I only arrive a little high to dinner if I do not exercise, and that's why I usually do it late in the afternoon when the lantus no longer hasEffect, more than 3 hours ago I used Apidra, and I get a couple of HC rations, such as a sandwich or cookies.Even so, if exercise lasts more than half an hour, I have hipp yes or yes, I don't know if it is because I don't have it as a daily routine or what ..: S
Gala thanks for telling me, how the next day?Notes that last the effects of the exercise?Uff I don't know whether to decide to try it, I am very fearful haha ​​although if you say, I will, people tell me that it is addictive .. If I finally do it, I will let you know how

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
06/11/2014 8:59 a.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/11/2014 10:04 a.m.

Lidia, maybe it's better to put Lantus in the morning, to be able to increase it a bit and cover you 24 hours.
And combine it with a quick at meals (Humalog or Novorapid).
That is the treatment my daughter carries and it is doing very well.
When Lantus got at night, he did not cover him 24 hours and had nocturnal hypos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/11/2014 7:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hello.I have a question ... Let's see if Gala can find out and solve it.Do you see type II diabetes but in addition to that ... can I do this exercise having fibromyalgia?(It is that they advise me not very strong).I would like to try it because I see it very comfortable and practical and more as it explains it of good gala (if I can of course).Kisses :-*

nina45's profile photo
nina45
06/12/2014 7:48 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/12/2014 8:54 p.m.

Gala, and with that slimming, tone?Is it very expensive?

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
06/16/2014 7:32 a.m.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/16/2014 9:50 a.m.

Hello,

I am a DB type I and I have encouraged myself to register in the forum when looking for information about the Bodyon centers and looking for what repercussions can have on the DB.Comment that last Friday I went to the first free session, to try it, and when they arrived, they made me sign some papers among which it was indicated that this type of practice is contraindicated in people with diabetes.When commenting on the girl from the reception that I have this disease but in my case it is hereditary and I have controlled it (within what fits, because I have a difficult control diabetes and this, I did not comment), it remained thoughtful.

I made the 20min of the session and after leaving the super happy center and excited about the idea of ​​meeting my goals (putting on shape and losing some kilo), they called me indicating that without medical authorization, feeling it much, I could not sign up to the center.Has anyone happened to him?Is it known what can happen by having diabetes?I understand that being such a high intensity exercise, if the other days do not practice exercise, the risk of heart disease increases.But I don't know what can happen by having diabetes.I have taken a disappointment in telling me this, since until September I do not have my appointment with my endocrine ... and I will not be able to host a promotion that they have offered me for being summer ... I was interested in making 2 sessions a week to hit meThe push to get in the form again ...

I would like to have more information about it and have your experiences.

Greetings.

Vitrichenko's profile photo
Vitrichenko
07/27/2014 12:08 p.m.

They will be afraid of giving you a serious hypoglycemia ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/27/2014 2:15 p.m.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/27/2014 6:27 p.m.

Well, how lucky ... look that I consider that I am a healthy person and I have controlled diabetes ... within what fits ... I believe that the greatest conflict was caused by the receptionist, having to sign the paper and indicateMy pathology was caught and began to call the medical picture, although the monitors told him that there was no contraindication ...

How long have you been going to the center?Are you noticing that it is effective?I, of course, the next day I was dying from Agujetas, hahaha

Vitrichenko
07/28/2014 11:33 a.m.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/28/2014 12:46 p.m.

It is that it is cabe ... it gives me angry because the summer offer could allow me and go two days a week to get more cane ... I hope and give me authorization the endocrine or the header ...(But the height is that the endo is on vacation)

Vitrichenko
07/28/2014 4:24 p.m.

:)>-

pochola's profile photo
pochola
08/19/2014 6:09 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.