Type II diabetic

LAZALOP's profile photo   06/15/2014 7:15 a.m.

Hello, as you can see, I am new and type II diabetis diagnosed 1 month ago approx.and with metformin 1/2 -0 - 1/2.
I have many doubts and I hope you can help me.
I tell you, I have high triglycerides for years and I take atorvastatin (1 daily), in addition I also took Adiro by prevention since I got out like a spot, although then then to perform all the tests a cardiologist told me it was from birth.
Ok, now a month ago approx.They do me analysis for triglyceride and I get that I have 127 fasting sugar, the doctor tells me that I can be diabetic but that you have to repeat analysis and also check glucosylated hemoglobin.They repeat them and get 157 and glucosylated hemoglobin 8.1, which confirms that I am type II diabetic and there begins "my ordeal."
I have forgotten to indicate that I am 47 years old and always overweight.
I say that my ordeal began there, because it is so, since I have a nurse who seems more important to control my weight, which I do not care to be fat, than the sugar that is what IIt seems important.
He has insisted on diet to lower weight, but with some closed menus in which what most has sugar (I do not understand), in addition to what he marks in the menus, although I cannot do the 5Meals, due to my work schedules, I try to get closer to them.
Well, I went to the second control that he did to me and he told me that very well, that the weight was the same and the sugar at 118 (on an empty stomach), to continue like this;On Friday I went to the third control and went anger that he took, it turns out that he had 126 on an empty stomach and had fattened 700 grs.(He wore new shoes, hahahahaha), and to that we add a tension of 14.1 and 8.8
You did not see how he got, he got angry, but .................. Because he had fattened 700 grs.
I told him that I cared more sugar level than weight and she didn't, that he had to lower weight and had to lower weight and ........................, I change the menu and give me some week, but with incoherent things because he tells me that he does not eat ham for the salt and then I have 3 days of eating anchovies 8 that he told me they were a can), he sends me to eat from4 to 5 pieces of fruit a day, including dinner, everything goes without quantities with which I can eat the amount you want, but of course, as I say incoherent things, because there is a day that I owe of dinner onion, tomato, fish and fruit, But ............. the onion carries sugar and the fruit too and is dinner.
Since they told me it was diabetic, I have been fighting to give me the machine to measure glucose, and there is no way, they tell me that they do not give it to me, that I go daily if I want the consultation to measure it (thingthat I cannot) and that the reason why they do not give it to me is because of the crisis that there is and that the reactive strips are very expensive, but .......... If I go daily to the consultation will be what it will be whatright ???
Well, thank God, I have acquaintances who weigh more than the nurse and the doctor I have and have achieved a little machine so that I can control the levels when I want it or when I make a copious meal or to know what meals make me make thatI get the sugar more and be able to avoid them.
But I still have many doubts.Yesterday 113 came out on an empty stomach (I had a salad and iron fish) and today 118 (I had some mushrooms and iron fish).
I have to say that I do not follow the menus that told me because as I said, I do not see them coherent, my meals are:
Breakfast: A glass (of the wine) of milk with a little coffee and saccharin and a slice of roasted whole bread.
Food: vegetable with a potato shit, any type of meat with or without garrison.
rice (meat or fish)
Pasta with tomato and minced meat, any type meat with or without garrison.
legume
salads ofany kind
Dinner: Save and Meat or Fish.
Lunches and snacks: Depending on my work shift: a pair of cold slices or turkey and a half sliced ​​breadcrumbs (which I do toas).
In all meals as a piece of whole wheat bread (not eaten without bread).
I walk every day an hour, in addition to everything I walk in my work, which is enough.
According to the nurse, this is wrong, as bad, and what I am in my work is not to walk (I would like it).
According to other diabetics as well, hehehehe, because they tell me that he eats the same thing before knowing that it was diabetic, but that it takes a part, to see, that if for example I like a 4 -fighter soup plate, thenThat is now 3.
I no longer know what to do, if as little, I'm folding and dizzy because I need more and if as more, according to the nurse, I get the weight and go.
I would thank me as you do, which is what I should do, what the nurse tells me, what other diabetics tell me or what I believe.
Thanks to everyone and I wait for your comments.

LAZALOP's profile photo
LAZALOP
06/15/2014 7:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, friend.Good night.Tell you that your nurse is part of the reason ... you have to lower weight (it is essential or not -I don't like it at the beginning either -) and your level of sugar also goes down ... but do not overwhelm because the diet, the walks and the metformin (this pill by itself thinns), everything together will lose weight.If you want to read by the forum a mine entry called "Method of the Plato" which is how a diabetic should eat (especially type II like you and me).You must imaginely divide the dish into four parts ... eat half a plate of vegetables or salad (with little or no salt if you have high tension as I do -I am hypertensive -), a preferably comprehensive pharinaceous plate room (bread, potato, potatoes,Pasta -Best spaghettis than macaroni and if they are fillings that are cheese and spinach -, legumes -are usually regular the sugar -) and a room of protein plate (about 100 or 125 grams of meat preferably white: chicken, turkey or rabbitor blue or white fish).Bread about 20 grams per food (half a integral bar throughout the day) and better not eat bread if you eat excess pasta.By the time you spend one day -from time to time -get used to drinking half a rice or pasta (macaroni, for example with natural tomato without putting sugar or the packaging of Orlando without sugar) and the other medium of salad.Strong kisses and anything you need already know where I am ...
I encourage weight.I have been a diabetics for a year and a half and I have already lost 18 kilos.An Achuchon:-*

nina45's profile photo
nina45
06/15/2014 6:09 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

I am going to tell you how to treat pasta and rice so that they lower their glycemic index and go better for diabetes and fattening less ... wash the paste (or rice) well in a strainer.Boil in plenty of water and the exact minutes put by the package (leaving it "to the dente" -a raw pelin-).Strain it and wash it well in the strainer stirring it with your hands so that it is not stuck.It is about removing the maximum of possible starch in this way (thus the sugar goes up).They say in the Montignac diet (a very eminent doctor) that lowers the glycemic index freezing it and defrosting at room temperature (the same -chongellar- for bread and and y. The legumes. What I do not to cook every day a misery ofPasta or legumes, it is to cook a good amount and freeze in tuppers monodosis and so on every day I take a tupper and vary mi.Menu type "combined dish" ... If one day you have nothing frozen, you can always turn to a boatOf cooking legumes of the Super (I will give you for several times but in the fridge you can keep what you over the boat).
As you are hypertensive eye with the salty (anchovies, olives, etc.), with the tea and coffee (I lunch Cola-Cao Zero because the decaffeinated although little, also rises the tension).Ah and watches with stress and nerves (they upload tension and sugar).And the skim lacteos (at breakfast, mid -afternoon and before going to sleep).The fruit only twice a day (maximum).Always after eating (the fiber and fat of the food relieves the rise in fruit sugar) and that is a small piece.The best (that go up less) are the melon, the watermelon and the strawberries (another very healthy is the apple).The potatoes whenever you eat a small-median size ... always sweetened in coffee and infusions (I recommend you the latter because they lower the tension and there are very good ones in the herbalists: red fruits, rooibos with orange and chocolate,etc).
I think I told you everything ... kisses.We continue in contact ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
06/15/2014 6:31 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Guajuuuuu.

Thank you Nina45.

Your advice and experience are going to help me a lot.

I hope to keep in touch, because the truth is that this is done uphill.
I am not to follow diets, but now I am serious.
Do you say that metformin makes you lose weight ???
Aaaaaa, now you start taking green and horse tail, they go together in a landed brand infusion that is to do in cold and has a pineapple flavor, which say it helps not to retain liquids;Megan also said of another tea, I believe red, which is to burn fat.
As for physical exercise, I only walk or h.Daily, because in my work, I am 8 h.Piey depend on the day walking.

LAZALOP's profile photo
LAZALOP
06/15/2014 8:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.