{'en': '"Diabetes has motivated me to do sports"', 'es': '"La diabetes me ha motivado para hacer deporte"'} Image

"Diabetes has motivated me to do sports"

fer's profile photo   06/30/2014 4:41 a.m.

Miguel Ángel Castillo was diagnosed with diabetes at age 35, since then he began to exercise and hooked on running, yesterday his number 25 maired ran.

"I started running a little following the disease that they found me, and since then I have hooked and I have turned run into a discipline," he says.

Before he was diagnosed with diabetes he confesses that he also exercised but not as rigorously as now."Diabetes was my main motivation to start running, instead of getting down I had to look for a solution to continue having a healthy life and gradually liked me until today," he says.

It was the doctor who recommended daily exercise to compete the disease and began to prepare to perform different tests."At first I trained in an intuitive way without paying much attention to the time or the methods, but then I began to do training programs and since then it is much better," he confesses.

“Since I liked to exercise outdoors I have taken the custom and I have transmitted it to my three children.They have also taken their first steps, two of them have already made a half marathon and the other plays rugby, ”he says.

Yesterday in Pamplona was his number 25 marathon and before the departure he hoped to meet his goals."The main thing is to finish the race and finish it well, I hope to finish it in less than four hours," he said.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/30/2014 4:41 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

What luck!I am Type 1 and before being diabetics I was regretted to the DND gym performed spining classes (among others of high intensity).During the debut I had to leave and since then I took a huge panic to total hypoglycemia k two years ago k I am more sedentary k ever.: (((

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
06/30/2014 7 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I imagine that the news is type2 diabetic.Let's see when they change the name of that diabetes because it has nothing to do with each other.

And I also stopped playing sports at the end of sugar and dizziness in the gym or running.:(

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/30/2014 12:48 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Being a diabetic is not an impediment/excuse for not playing sports, quite the opposite, it is one of the pillars along with insulin and diet to wear well -controlled diabetes.

Here the same author of this thread (fer) attached a book to understand how to handle diabetes, everything that surrounds and exercise:

Link Jovenes#item_1

There was another book too.Read them that is worth it

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/01/2014 5:12 p.m.

Totally agree with Joseludi.It is cowardly to give up !!!I am going to walk despite diabetes, fibromyalgia (which hurts all the muscles) and an injured hip that when I am quite limited to me and ended with pain throughout my body.I can't do as sport but at least the way.Today I have had people eating at home and how my husband is pachucho (who has helped me without power the poor) has had to do it almost everything to me and after eating ... exhausted and done dust, I have gone with the friendsTo walk three hours (we go on a walk plan because those of us cannot go quickly -either either-).And when I get in bed after dinner and take anti -inflammatory I get into bed with shouts of pain as many times ... but I know not to do it is to climb the sugar, the tension and worsen the "shoots" of the fibro therefore and despite despiteAll the inconveniences I am whenever I can (that is, when the fiber does not prostrate me in bed or the little health of me. March does not force me to stay at home with him).Anyway, that Haleee moves the skeleton and that there is no bass that is not previously solved with macaroni or ice cream !!!.Take care and kisses

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/12/2014 9:49 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

As we will be that a person has put us to serve social services but I am equally full of encouragement and never willing to give myself.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/12/2014 9:54 p.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Ultima glicosila 6

Doing soft exercise is going well, but the intense (those who call anaerobic) complicate control, when insulin is used.I think it is best to make normal and quiet life ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/13/2014 1:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, the truth, I am more and more demotivated.I have always combined diabetes and sport because at school I practiced basketI do regularly, it costs me much more mentally.I can't be running or by bike without being constantly thinking that I can have a hypo.As soon as I begin to feel tired, confuse sensations.Sometimes I feel my head hurts as if I had a hiccup and surely it is simply because of the effort I am making.
I don't know, there are people with type 1 diabetes who perform intense sports and have good control but it doesn't seem easy for me.It will be a matter of trying and testing until we find the nail, because each diabetic is a world.
The important thing is "move."Some more and others less but do it.

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
07/13/2014 4:56 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

It is that at school with that group sports is much easier.The greatest enemy of exercise is the laziness that gives it to it, so I say that there is nothing better than doing it in company.It is more distracted, do not realize the effort and if you also find it wrong there is someone by your side that can help you.I believe that this should be the main function of diabetic associations: make groups of close people (residence) with common interests ... also to lower glucose levels, a half -horita walk is enough (a great effort is not necessary) or anything else that appears (padel, tennis, swimming, etc).The most important thing is to take "like" the sport that is done ...
Encourage beautiful to do some exercise (with the proper precautions that yes).You will see how your sugar levels thank you.Kisses.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/13/2014 6:41 p.m.

Ultima glicosila 6

Congratulations to all who, despite everything, are forced to exercise every day.
A cordial greeting

DiabetesForo
07/14/2014 3:27 p.m.

Lalala8 said:
Well the truth, I am increasingly demotivated.I have always combined diabetes and sport because at school I practiced basketI do regularly, it costs me much more mentally.I can't be running or by bike without being constantly thinking that I can have a hypo.As soon as I begin to feel tired, confuse sensations.Sometimes I feel my head hurts as if I had a hiccup and surely it is simply because of the effort I am making.
I don't know, there are people with type 1 diabetes who perform intense sports and have good control but it doesn't seem easy for me.It will be a matter of trying and testing until we find the nail, because each diabetic is a world.
The important thing is "move."Some more and others less but do it.

Pay attention to Nina45, if you can look for a friend to go exercise.When staying for that time, you are already more obliged and doing so becomes more rewarding.I don't know how your physical condition will be, but you can simply go for a walk or bike.It is important to experiment with meals and insulin doses until you have already in the nail with the measures.You know, if you go out in the afternoon, reduce for example that day a dose of fast, and slow (if applicable), eat some fruit before leaving and measure the levels.

You will see how in the end this becomes a habit and you will thank.I usually run 3 times a week and when I have been injured and I have not been able to exercise I have had to start limiting myself in the food and has raised the insulin dose, and still did not have the diabetes so well controlled.

Cheer up!

DiabetesForo
07/20/2014 2:54 p.m.

Thank you very much guys!
I do sports from time to time but laziness added to the control that must be carried with diabetes makes it difficult.I am doing, although I would like to be in a better way and that is only achieved by practicing it more often.So see if I put the really batteries :)

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
07/20/2014 6:17 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.