{'en': 'Can the glucometer fail?What measurement ??', 'es': 'Puede fallar el glucometro?? Que medida cojo??'} Image

Can the glucometer fail?What measurement ??

Elemaba's profile photo   07/12/2014 7:22 p.m.

Good night,

I have measured my daughter's sugar today two hours after eating with the glucometer and I have left 141.

As for us it is a high value because it is under study to know if it is diabetic or not, we have been measured again with a new strip thirty seconds (if it arrives) later and has given us 109 and as there was such disparity we have made a thirdMeasurement to thirty seconds of the second and 126 has come out.

What a lame measurement?

How can there be such a difference?

How can I trust!?

I don't know this will be normal .....
Thank you.

Elemaba's profile photo
Elemaba
07/12/2014 7:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.
The same result is never obtained even if you do it at 10 seconds and the variation can be perfectly 40, 30 ...
The first drop of blood is "the good" as long as you are sure that the finger is clean and that the strips are not expired.

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
07/12/2014 7:53 p.m.

What meter do you have?I would say that it is not very fine.I have seen many variations between different meters but in oneself I think there should be not so many.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/13/2014 1:11 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It's called Extra Mystar.As we are with tests, the endocrine.I don't know how it will be.Thanks for your help

Elemaba's profile photo
Elemaba
07/13/2014 5:33 a.m.

Being perfectly the glucometer if there may be those differences.According to mine instructions, up to 25%.I mean that if you get 100, you can be in 125 or 75.
I would stay with 126 that is the one in the middle

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/13/2014 7:59 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thank you!!Ufff how complicated this is ...

Elemaba's profile photo
Elemaba
07/13/2014 9 a.m.

I believe that with those values ​​you relax a bit.and I would measure it once a day, on an empty stomach ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/13/2014 1:36 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.