Journey to Riviera Maya and how to survive an all -inclusive

valky's profile photo   07/21/2014 6:59 p.m.

Hello, I have seen many post -trip posts hung here, they went pearls on a trip that I made to Japan, airports, schedules, reports, etc., I still have the possibility to go to the Riviera Maya this August (it is not safe yet), And I would like to know if anyone has gone and how your sugar behaves there with heat, excursions, and above all my fear with the famous "all inclusive" @-) will I be able to refrain?More than anything because in the movies and others it seems that they are always offering you a zumito or a smoothie, or a cocktail, with shapes and colors and flavors that you cannot say that I do not hehe, or I am already imagining the phrase "since I amHere "," for once in life ", and we already know what happens with so much zumito and tropical fruit or not: -ss or what kind of food they have there in case you want to try something from the place ... I am scared of thefood and peaks that I may have, or if I will have to be loaded with my cookies or juices that I know with its tables and values.Really, what more contradictory feeling, wanting to go to a dream site and just think about my sugar.Any idea not to fall into temptation?

valky's profile photo
valky
07/21/2014 6:59 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Valky, because if you go, deals at all.If you take the milkshakes, Ponte Insulina (2 quickly?) And then measures.And it carries sugar and juice for the hypos ... If you put on lantus and you are going to walk a lot, lower one or two units. And get well, that everything can be done. Control and enjoy!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/21/2014 10:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I was thinking that ... why do you want to refrain? ... tell rations, put the insulin that you need and enjoy :-)

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
07/22/2014 7:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

This sugar is not an exact science.Normally the heat usually lowers the sugar, I would recommend you to do enough controls the first days to see how the weather affects you.And then to put supplements as many times as necessary (without putting them very continuous) so as not to generate a hypo.
Don't think about it too much, diabetes is living with her, not for her.Enjoy it, that's what you're going to take

melimperia's profile photo
melimperia
07/22/2014 8:43 a.m.

I will go in September and I am delighted, I know we cannot forget our control but that is not at odds with enjoying, I cannot contrib.I hope you count on us.Good luck on your trip !!Anyway the same if you get in touch with the hotel can help you with your doubts.
Greetings

lucuen's profile photo
lucuen
07/22/2014 11:30 a.m.

Thank you, the truth is that yes, I am willing to enjoy this summer and this super trip, but there is always the doubt of how I will know how to count on different ways of cooking different foods ... but well I suppose there will always be a menuWestern hehe.Roar, is that if I do not refrain ... it can be the bomb my levels hehe.I will wear leftovers, I will have to start asking the health center.I will tell you.[-O <

valky's profile photo
valky
07/22/2014 7:29 p.m.

If you tell the rations and you put the insulin that precise, the only unwanted effect of eating what you please are that you are going to gain weight, but your diabetes does not have to get out of control.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
07/23/2014 3:30 p.m.

Surely I go to Riviera Maya in January 2015 at the end of the career and I was considering me just the same as you but it is clear that a vacation like these and in a place like this they have to enjoy, with control like all the people, but neither is it saying "no" to the delicacies and drinks that offer you :)
You will tell us experiences that you go or those that you have gone.

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
07/23/2014 5:29 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

I went from honeymoon to Rivera Maya !!!!I had some ups and downs ... But they are a few days and it is not a total lack of control. And trying to the table is impossible to cook differently that with other grassas and rebozados .... Then we return to reality.
We have the obligation to enjoy our vacations (with a head but the same way enjoy!)

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
07/31/2014 4:22 p.m.

Hello!I have already returned from a week in Riviera Maya and paying attention to your comments I have dedicated myself to enjoy B-) counting rations was complicated but within the bad I only exceed 300 one day and the consequent hypo at night to 30 for having punctured meMore, but the rest quite well.If you help someone else for your trips I tell you some things that have happened to me:

-He did a backpack as hand luggage with all my things (strips, needles, reserve bowl, medical report, cookies, sugarlillos), and when climbing the plane because I left everything in the compartment above, they make you tie the belts,There was a delay due to a mechanical problem and when I finally hear the engines that it is accelerating to take off, I notice that I am having a downturn (sweat, hand tremor, my head goes away), and no, they were not the effects of takeoff, but of course I could not get up for my backpack because we were already bowing, what overwhelming I entered me and a desire to cry silly, because luckily I put on a sugar overlong in my pocket of my pants and took it.But it is bad luck, I had to come hiccups at the worst of moments because I couldn't even ask the hostesses that everyone was sitting.With the sugar I endured until the plane was stabilized and then took my backpack and pull cookies.

-In the plane they make you fill in a paper to enter Mexico on whether your trip is of tourism, work, the hotel where you will be, and if you have something to declare on medication that will take.I had since yes, but then reading the small print put that if you had marked that box that you had to address the officers who would make you an inspection apart.I asked the hostess and told me to put no, nothing to declare, because if they cannot waste a lot of time.So I asked for another form and I put no.

-In Mexico's airport at the entrance when passing through the security arch where you leave the hand luggage, watches and other metallic things, when my backpack came out they asked who I was, and they checked all my backpack, they didn't tell me exactlyThat he had to miss them, if the needles, or the bolis, or the silver bag where he carried the other reserve bolis.I didn't have to teach report or anything, and inside.

-In the exit, also at the Mexico airport, in the same security zone in the metal detector arch, I also checked my backpack, and before entering the plane too, as I have nothing to hide then thatThey register, but I missed me so much control.In Spain nothing at all.

-Once at the hotel, I recognize that at the breakfast I had a little because if I usually shed 4 units of fast, these days I punctured me 8 jiji, but then between swimming in the pool, the heat and what you get to sweat,He came to eat well.The buffet food took a bit of everything to try, so they were not very copious, and the posts were always pulling on low, ready to take a shake in the pool.I do not like alcohol so all the cocktails that I tried were without, no one took me more than another but you already know that things change if you move or like a couple of afternoons that rained and I did nothing, but in general while beingAt the hotel I controlled more because in any corner you can ask for something.

-He two days of excursions that last all day, and there I was a little higher, since I click less, for fear of hypos, for heat, sweat, walk or climb the Mayan pyramids that was a great feat for mehe he.There I did take the hotel bananas, apples and cookies in case the flies, and they went pearls in the afternoon because I had to eat something.

-Other advice is that you take strips and leftover material, because we heard some Spaniards who went with Pullmantour whoThey had overbooking on the plane back and only fly from Sunday to Sunday, so they gave them another week at the hotel.It seemed very rare, but other comments from people from the group corroborated him.On the one hand I thought "I wish I touched me" hehe, but on the other I thought I had not enough material!

If someone has any other questions that can help you, you can ask what you want.Once I see that if you are prepared you can go anywhere, with the fear I gave me the trip
;)

valky's profile photo
valky
09/02/2014 4:32 p.m.

Well, I'm very happy that you enjoyed it.You see that everything is deciding and that, preparing it a little, you can do everything.;)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/02/2014 8:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Of course, I think you have to enjoy (always with a head) but what happens day that no longer returns, and what has to come and will come.;)

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
09/03/2014 6:23 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Thanks for the tips.I am very happy that everything has worked out so well :-)

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
09/03/2014 5:58 p.m.

Thank you very much @valki !!Thank you for telling us the detailed experience and giving us those advice !!They come to me very well because I am already planning my trip.
Greetings

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
09/04/2014 12:53 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.