Curiosity: s

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/24/2014 12:42 a.m.

I am curious, what fruits should we not eat diabetics?: -S

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/24/2014 12:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can eat all kinds of fruits, but heavy in hydrates rations. Look at the equivalence tables by portions.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/24/2014 1:26 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My endocrine, at the time, recommended me: Platano, grapes, plums, figs ...

I guess because they should be the most glycemic index and make glucose faster to blood.

But I agree with @regina, for type 1, while you control the HC, and calculate the insulin well, you can eat everything, for type 2 it will depend on the diet that they have guided.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/24/2014 4:03 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Mady, do not clarify if you are type I or II.As Fer says, if you are type I, just adjust the rapid insulin dose.But if you are type II, the fruit in general, any kind, having fructose, which is still a variety of sugars, can produce tremendous increases.You have to take them with great caution and especially those already mentioned: figs, grapes, etc.The best tolerate I think apples.

DiabetesForo
07/24/2014 5:25 a.m.

@Regina ah ok!;)
@fer figs, what is that? .. plums and why do we not diabetics consume them?
@Miguel I'm Type II

DiabetesForo
07/24/2014 11:15 a.m.

I answer for allusions!;-)

Here information about figs.
Link

And attach a photo.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/25/2014 12:55 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer Thank you!;) I didn't know what it was because I hadn't heard about that fruit 8- |

DiabetesForo
07/25/2014 9:37 p.m.

The answer was simple!, Also, surely it is used to clarify many other people, do not hesitate to ask, you have done very good !!!: P.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/26/2014 4:12 p.m.

@Fer Thank you .. :)>-

DiabetesForo
07/26/2014 6:26 p.m.

Hello good.I am diabetics II and diagnosed relatively recently (year and medium).To me my doctor recommends taking a banana (for its abstricing power since metformin causes me diarrhea) only half and after meals.I protest remembering the time of my mother where the banana, grapes and figs (I did not know about the plums) were prohibited fruits.His response was to tell me that things had changed since then and that being a source of potassium, bananas were highly recommended, only we had to eat half (one not very big and not very mature).Total that I have eaten a few platinum media since then (sometimes I bought two and had the fruit for four days in a row) without hardly noticing variation in my sugar (well my doctor belongs to whether you go out to walk for a while or exercise, but pass from time to time that life is for that ...).I leave here the information in case one is interested ... bicos.

nina45's profile photo
nina45
07/27/2014 2:59 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Insisting the subject, we always have to remember that each diabetic is a world and it will be the same one who has to observe what foods are better or worse.
But in my case, I repeat, that fruits in general produce increases in some cases of scandal (orange, for example, apart from those already mentioned).All have fructose, one more, others less, different glycemic index, etc.Of course, that the fruit is very necessary to the organism, so what I do is sometimes eating it and then a good walk.

DiabetesForo
07/28/2014 4:24 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.