Insulin pump

anicordoba's profile photo   07/30/2014 3:08 p.m.

I'm glad you share these things @roar, seriously;)
To put temporary basal or suspend the pump, do you do it independently of the value of the hypo?
I mean, at first I suspended it if it was for example between 60 and 70, but when I have a hiccBut I don't want to play it.
Thanks again for telling your experience.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
09/03/2014 12:30 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

If I have a very low hypo, I take off my bomb and wait for a while.If I see that I did not just find myself well, I drink some Coca Cola or take a glucosport and with that everything is solved, but normally I do not need to take anything.

I remember that when I debuted I always wanted to be with high glucose for fear of hypos.Then, over time, I have been taking it more calmly.I think it is important not to get nervous, although of course, it is easy for me to say it because I have never had a serious problem (get to lose consciousness, or something ...).

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
09/03/2014 5:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

As I commented before, for me what distinguishes a hypo from another if it is produced by the basal or by a bolus.If it is because of the basal, reducing something the temporal basal I solve it.If it is because of Bolus, the more I have to take something fast that but the hypo will be important.

tica's profile photo
tica
09/03/2014 6:01 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

@Tica, and how long do you put the temporal basal then so as not to have to eat slow hydrates?

At first he also suspended it, but then he had hyperglycemia yes or yes.Now they only suspend it when I am unconscious, and never more than thirty minutes, that once I had an hour and little and it took a long time to regulate again.I have ever put on a mini bolus later to trace the hyper and it hasn't hurt me either.

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
09/05/2014 10:08 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

Hello chic@s, they finally put the insulin bomb!
At least I have some hope, because lately I did not see exit.

anicordoba's profile photo
anicordoba
09/15/2014 3:21 p.m.

Congratulations @anicordoba!You will see that as soon as you get the "quiet" the bomb everything will be much better.
By the way, can you tell me which continuous glucose meter have offered you in the hospital?With offered I suppose you mean that you have been recommended or given you information, right?I am looking at one but since the SS does not finance anything in terms of MGC, you have to look good for prices and benefits hehe

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
09/15/2014 3:57 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

Hello, Lalala8, they have offered it to me in the hospital, the SS does not pass it but it costs € 160 the machine with a sensor and the sensors €, each sensor lasts 15 days.But he hopes that I know that it is negotiating with the SS to cover it, it really is cheaper than the strips if we had them to pay.

anicordoba
09/18/2014 2:44 p.m.

Hello Anicordoba.What mcg is that they have offered you?Thank you.

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
09/18/2014 4:05 p.m.

I guess it will be free freestyle, it is not exactly an MCG but it seems a lot, he does not mark the glucose you have, it only gives you figures when you approach the receiver to the sensor and it has no alarms, in principle the sensor hasto put on the arm, in return, much more economical than the dexcom

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/18/2014 9:33 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thanks Gala.

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
09/19/2014 9:14 a.m.

Yes, it's that

anicordoba
09/29/2014 1:43 p.m.

Hello!I am from Argentina so I don't know how things work ... I cost me 3 monthsuncontrollable of almost diabetic coma, and other things ... That way I could get it, unfortunately you have to cry and exaggerate to give us what we need :(

juani_aznarez's profile photo
juani_aznarez
10/06/2014 1:11 p.m.

Juana Aznarez, diabetes tipo 1
14 años
Bombera desde Noviembre 2012
Diabetes desde los 11 años
3 años con diabetes <3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.