Proteins and fats cause insulin resistance

anicordoba's profile photo   08/08/2014 8:28 a.m.

Hello chic@s
I tell you my experience and perception of proteins and fats.
I debuted with diabetes in 2010, the endocrine told me that I had lost a lot5.
He tells me that, take care of the food because with the insulin I can gain weight.
Well, I panic out because I think that insulin will gain me and that I also can't pass without it, what do I do? Well, I try to avoid eating hydrates (in this way I avoid putting a quick insulin) and putting on the doses ofSlow insulin.
What happens?, Then a disaster! Hyper continuously the high indices.I comment with the doctor, especially I reference my concern for not taking weight, avoiding hydrates etc ... He tells me to continue like this and I am increasing slow, incredible insulin!I realize the barbarity! After 2 years fatal, swollen, with permanent tiredness, with high cortisol, very bad.I asked for a change of endocrine, we lowered the doses of slow insulin and we were incorporated as it should be hydrates in the meals, 58nds of Levemir, I have passed to 16 in the morning and at night, with the corresponding doses of hydrates in the mealsAnd the units that need fast insulin, as it should be ... the weight was normalized eating everything (healthy healthy)
My food was based on proteins and sugar did not fall in any way ...
I am experiencing the same in the morning, when I ceno for example, salad and grilled chicken fillets, that morning I get up in 200 long
When ceno hydrates, for example cooked potatoes I get up in 90.
I don't know what you think, but I am convinced that proteins and fats make us resistance to insulin
In diabetes education courses, they tell us that we do not eat fat, but because of the metabolic problem that we have also not good for anyone, and proteins do not affect!
What do you think?
Greetings

anicordoba's profile photo
anicordoba
08/08/2014 8:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Anicordoba
What you have for me makes sense but in a while we are going to the people and there we have neither computer nor the Internet ... on Monday that we will be in Valencia again I will tell you.
At the moment an aim, the protein is true that it is not glucose, however there is a metabolic route that transforms it into glucose into the liver (neo -Glucogenesis) and the performance is each gram of protein gives one of glucose.
With variations from person to person for each kg of weight we need a gram of protein to replace natural wear so the rest is burned in the form of glucose to blood or fat to the Michelines ...
In addition, some types of lipids (the odd chain) are also burned directly to glucose.
Just as when you eat hydrates in a short period, the protein passes into the blood but after a while when the protein transports are full, the liver stays looking at the level and it is said:
What horns does all that protein do there?
This will cause problems and what I am going to do is burn the surplus and that is stored in the Michelines for when it is needed.
The liver transforms the protein into glucose and the Michelines to pass it to fat need the order of insulin, so not having it is piled up in blood (they are very obedient and without the order they look at the landscape)
Well ... may you spend good weekend and on Monday we will continue

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
08/08/2014 11:32 a.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

ANI, you also have to eat protein, but without excess, according to the feed pyramid
There are still ends that still do not give nii fast hydrates ???

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/08/2014 10:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

What surprises me is that endocrine are still recommending high carbohydrate diets when it is scientifically proven (and attached article signed by more than 20 doctors) that the primary approach to diabetes treatment should be a low carbohydrate diet.Science is science and that cannot be refuted:
Link

notmy's profile photo
notmy
08/13/2014 6:42 p.m.

Notmy, science progresses, and with the use of ràpida insulin a good metabolization of the recommended hydrates in a correct diet is achieved.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/13/2014 9:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello Ernesto
Forgive my delay, but I have been traveling.
I find what you say, I think it is very important to take into account the proteins that are consumed and on this topic we have very little information.
If proteins really produce insulin resistance
Thank you

anicordoba's profile photo
anicordoba
08/26/2014 8:46 a.m.

If you do not consume carbohydrates, the body has to obtain them through other pathways, such as gluconeogenesis, in addition to releasing hormones contrary to insulin to prevent blood sugar from being insufficient.That is why they always recommend eating carbohydrates, but I don't say that they eat many.I personally make a high diet in quality proteins and healthy fats, reducing the carbohydrates I take to the maximum.What is clear is that each person is a world and that endocrine do not have the response or solution to everything

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
07/08/2017 12:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.