Running

franjacado's profile photo   08/20/2014 8:14 p.m.

HELLO
For a year since I debuted with diabetes I go to the mountain to make trail runnig

I usually climb the mountains with slopes to enjoy good views ...

When ignoring diabetes with the exercise I have based on my short experience.

I do not usually put insulin when I'm going to run and today reading a man blogs with diabetes I have arisen doubts ... It's about this blog

Link

I will try to contact the author to ask you some doubts about a table where it explains the amount of insulin that is put according to the intensity of the exercise ....

And that is where I have not understood.Because when I go running I do not put insulin since I burn all the hydrates quickly and if I put insulin I would fall round by hypoglycemia.

Does anyone do sports and get insulin?

For example ... this morning I wreaked a little at 140 mg /l (because last night I do not click on me ... if I put it in mid -morning running they give me downtown 50 mg /l and I decided not to prick the slowIf the next day I will run).

I had coffee with milk and saccharin.I didn't look again at the mountain.In the backpack a bottle of watercolors and a sandwich.

Every time I was thirst, I was drinking.At half an hour going up mountain (about 4 km) stopped and I was 160mg/l that is, I could throw without worrying .... I have climbed about 3 more kilometers with 500 meters of total unevenness and above it was already 90mg/LTime to enjoy the views and a sandwich.

When going down (easier) and getting home he had 14km and was 170mg/L

I have rested for a while and something else has uploaded 220mg/l the truth that with less sandwich could have happened.Or some more kilometer could have done and would have arrived home with 180mg/l

That's why I think I don't need insulin when I run because they would give me downtown as at the beginning of running.

What do you think?
Have you seen the blog table that I have spoken previously?

What do you do ???

franjacado's profile photo
franjacado
08/20/2014 8:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Franjacado, why don't you try to wear insulin when you get off, before eating the sandwich?I imagine that when you go down, the intensity of the exercise is much lower, so it does not go down so much ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/21/2014 6:20 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Honestly, no one will be able to tell you what you need because each body is a world.Your needs only you can know them based on trial-error.My personal experience is that with the bolis I never got good control of glycemia when I was doing sports, but with the bomb he scheduled temporary basals and I started with good glutemia.If you really like sport, the only advice I can give you is to go to the bomb.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/21/2014 8:21 a.m.

Hi @Franjacado, I think that although less slow but you should wear something, or change the time to put it so that it is already finishing its effect.I also think I would eat some slow absorption at home before leaving to avoid hypo, but as Roar says, this is trial-error.If you do not put it all night and all morning without insulin and even if you exercise, insulin is a hormone that the body needs to work well and you could go into ketoacidosis quickly, it is best to talk to your endocrine and that he advises youon the subject.

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
08/21/2014 9:54 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Good @fracajado I also do trail runnin.I usually make minimum 2 hours per mount.I punctuate the normal lantus (I have it on to do sports).But before leaving I do and as at least 2 rations of what I click.It depends on the intensity it makes.Then every hour I do and if I have less than 140 as a bar.
I hope it serves you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/21/2014 10:18 a.m.

I think you are still on the honeymoon and that's why you don't have to prick insulin.If someone who does not produce any insulin and puts the breasts that you do would end a championship ketosis .... Without insulin, the glucose does not enter the cells, that simple.And if there is no glucose to burn, it burns fat and ketone bodies are produced.With sport much less insulin is needed, but it is needed.

If for now you go well without clicking Lantus, I would play with putting a fast unit at the end of the training.What dose do you have insulin?

tica's profile photo
tica
08/21/2014 10:27 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, when leaving the hospital they told me that I slowly put me 0-0-16
That is only 16 units of slow at night.And there were nights that woke up sweating at 45-50 mg.Let's go a good hypo.Talk to the endocrine and told me to be low and I did.Now I put only 10 units.And there are days that I wake up well and other high depends on the clear dinner.But at least they don't give me hypoglycemia that leave me after dusting.

And quickly they gave me a 3-3-3 guideline
That is 3 units before each meal.

But if I am above 150 mg 1 more unit and if I am above 200 then 2 unds.But, and if I am 250 or more, 3UDS.more apart from the 3 that touch me.

All this is relative because if I am 150 and I will not eat much hydrate I put the 3 and after the food I can be at 200mg and it goes down.
There are days that I like a salad and an omelet with a couple of toast and a yogurt.Or fruit and that's why I don't get more than the 3 that touch me.

What about the bomb can it be interesting but how can I follow it?My endocrine or my doctor can get it to me or have to buy it?

franjacado
08/21/2014 8:16 p.m.

I have never done a cetona control.How can I do it?What can happen if there are ketone bodies?

franjacado
08/21/2014 8:19 p.m.

I tell you my case but as I always say in diabetes I think everyone is a world.I love sport and I do enough.From being a Indoor cycle monitor and having made a master of many hours, to go out with the Mountain Bike and be on a medium route of 3 to 4 hours, and several times crazy things of more than 10 hours without getting off.I have been training for running for a month, until I do not see me prepared I will not start the competitions, so this winter I hope to start, I have no intention to make mountains because with the mountain bike I already do enough and I do not see myself prepared to run forThe mountain, maybe this second, ha, haha, a.
When I do sports early in the morning I still put the lantus, such as carbohydrates and I put a couple of Humalog units to avoid a strong peak, then the sport is already in charge of lowering it.
If I know that I am going to do sports early in the afternoon I tryThey are high, because neither juices nor anything avoid my hypos.
I play with the Dexcom and the sugar envelopes always knowing what it touches after each moment of the sport.If I'm going to upload a mountain in MTB if I have 100, depending on the intensity of that mountain I take two envelopes.
With the running for now I always maintain an average of 10.5 km, I trunk, I usually run an hour, I play with dexcom and the envelopes of one in one because the intensity never rises excessively because I carry control, when I seeThat I am very comfortable doing the 10 km in an hour I will rise at an hour and a quarter, and from there I will begin to raise the speed a little.
But I have never stopped putting it for the sport, I play with less Humalog but always avoiding the rise peak and I control with sugar envelopes, depeding intensities.
Ufffff I have released.
Ah!I never take watercolor, I am thirsty and it leaves my mouth totally dry.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/21/2014 9:01 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Nothing "roll" Jconegar

Thank you for telling your way of doing sports and how to control insulin.

It has become clear that I should not stop putting insulin.But since every half hour I do a control and they get more or less acceptable to me I did not want to wear anything for fear of a hicc50 mg as it happened once.And of course running, I no longer know if it is because of heat or hypoglycemia.That is why I also continually drinking watercolor that makes me stay at 150 mg more or less.When I have been 15-20km if it starts to go down and I need something solid.Recently I made 28 km and halfway, on km 14-15 I ate a sandwich and at half an hour I was 70mg.Imagine if I have put me insulin ..... is that it is a constant pulse and without reliable or stable results.The disease does not overwhelm me.My father was diabetic and although he died of a diabetic coma for not taking care of anything, I already knew this disease.Now I have to spend it to me and my almost 40 years will not stop decuing and sports.I just need to learn more and be more methodical.
Thanks for your advice and I hope you continue writing more experiences.

franjacado
08/21/2014 9:46 p.m.

Well when I get to those 15 or 20 km running I will tell you with running, for now 10 km, and MTB and cycle.The theme of the sandwich if you realize in the analyzes I believe that the glucose begins to get up at half an hour as soon, and if it is doing sport without stopping and continues to go down, those carbohydrates of slow absorption does not give them time to go up toThe Glusosa.
If you had the opportunity that in the hospital or in the association of diabetics they will leave you a Dexcom a week that sometimes they do, with the excuse you want to try it I would be luxurious.You would see how glucose works every 5 minutes and the way of raising the glucosalos different foods, the speed that upload the time it takes ...
I play with the theme of envelopes, when in the Dexcom I see the trends down with the different types of arrow that indicate the descent I play with the envelopes.
I encourage and how you say to fight and sport other than an impediment.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/22/2014 7:29 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

If you want the bomb you have to ask your endocrine ... and pray why you are for the work of putting it on.If so, you will have to learn a lot of things previously, but it is worth it.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/22/2014 5:02 p.m.

I'm going to tell you how I do.

I usually prick Novorapid before each meal 8-10-10 and the lantus before midia food 27-28

If I'm going to run (I always go out in the afternoon), I usually download 1 or 2 units in the novorapid of the food and Lantus I put 26. If before running I am in more than 150, I do nothing and I leave.If I am in less than 150 or I will run more than the usual, then as some fruit.I usually run between 50 minutes and 1 hour and a quarter.

Then that same day at night depending on the levels of before dinner, under a unit of the dose of rapida and may even eat some more hydrates.

This is as I do, but as the companions say each one we are different and what is good for me cannot do well.Consult it with your endocrine and also test until you give with the ideal pattern (although diabetes are not mathematical and sometimes 2+2 are not 4)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/24/2014 7:24 p.m.

Intruda said:
Hi @franjacado, why don't you try to put on a little insulin when you get off, before eating the sandwich?I imagine that when you go down, the intensity of the exercise is much lower, so it does not go down so much ...

My question was basically that ... Is there someone who takes insulin in the backpack when he does sports?I take the glucometer and the reactive strips in case I am under eating something ... but the insulin no ... I wanted to know if someone is punctured when it is in full exercise ...

franjacado
08/25/2014 8:46 p.m.

When I used the bolis carried the glucometer, the glucosport and the bolis.At the end, I measured myself and I always had to put some insulin.Now I have a bomb, glucosport and glucometer and at the end I measure me and all good :-) In summary: I believe that every DM1 carries insulin, glucometer and carbohydrates when exercising.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/26/2014 5:11 a.m.

I When I used the bolis carried the glucometer, the glucosport and the bolis.At the end, I measured myself and I always had to put some insulin.Now I have a bomb, glucosport and glucometer and at the end I measure me and all good:

so it should be;)

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/26/2014 8:47 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Intruda said:
I When I used the bolis carried the glucometer, the glucosport and the bolis.At the end, I measured myself and I always had to put some insulin.Now I have a bomb, glucosport and glucometer and at the end I measure me and all good:

so it should be;)

Already, what happens to me is that every half hour I do a control and I am normal by throwing low, so I never take the ball, I usually eat a bar and watercolor and in half an hour I return to this normal... at 100 or even less .... from there my question if any of you is with these levels running and needs to puncture ,,, I think no ...

franjacado
08/28/2014 9:28 p.m.

Being with values ​​of 100 or less, I would not prick me and less if you keep doing sports.I am not very athlete to say, but I would not do it for fear of a hypo.
Anyway, it would take it on itself.Now I go with a bomb, but before, I wore bolis, I always carried them in my bag.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/29/2014 4:44 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

franjacado said:
roar said:
roar said:
I when I used the bolis carried the glucometer, the glucosport and the bolis.At the end, I measured myself and I always had to put some insulin.Now I have a bomb, glucosport and glucometer and at the end I measure me and all good:

so it should be;)

Already, what happens to me is that every half hour I do a control and I am normal by throwing low, so I never take the ball, I usually eat a bar and watercolor and in half an hour I return to this normal... at 100 or even less .... From there my question if any of you are with these levels running and needs to puncture, I think no ...

Well, as I always say, we are a world.The issue of finishing high when you finish a sport is usually I think because there has been excess sugars or hydrates to raise the sugar, I have found sugar envelopes when I do the different sports, I prefer sugar envelopes to carbohydrates becauseWith these last ones, even if you finish it will continue to climb you, the sugar goes up and point, having approximate control of what an envelope or any other measure does not do not need to carry the ball.If you take the right thing should not rise more glucose, I believe although it may be that I am wrong.
I only carry a ball when I go out with the routes of Mountain Bike because in the end there is always beer and some pecking and this does raise it because I always try to carry an average of 80 to 150.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/30/2014 4:53 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.