diabetes

tenasonia's profile photo   08/26/2014 4:03 p.m.

Hello, I am new and my husband has diabetes and need information about which food I should provide

tenasonia's profile photo
tenasonia
08/26/2014 4:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@tenasonia, you have to keep in mind that things that have to do with fat & pasta are not good for your husband & much less sweets .. You can give them foods such as fruits, but not all kinds of fruits [-x like loThey are banana, grapes, plums, figs.& Vegetables you can also give it to consume ... integral food /:)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/26/2014 5:27 p.m.

If your husband is type one diabetic can eat like any other person, without any special prohibition.You will have to count the rations of carbohydrates and put on the insulin you need, and doing that can eat sweets or pasta or whatever like any other person without diabetes.If type two, the thing changes radically.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/26/2014 6:30 p.m.

Hello.You have to keep in mind that instructions on food and type of life in general have to be dictated by your doctor, depending on the type of diabetes, the degree of development of the same, etc.
Without knowing what type of diabetes it has, what time it takes with it, what medication it takes, etc., from here we can only give you very general advice.If it is of type II, which its organism still produces insulin, it will have to be very careful with the type of food it ingests, its quantity and do physical exercise.The usual: little bread and flour derivatives, little pasta, also be careful with rice.Be very careful with fruits, in general you have to eat them moderately.
If it is type I, then only adjust your insulin to food.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/27/2014 4:11 a.m.

As partners tell you, we can advise you here but the guidelines and food have to mark the endocrine according to the type of diabetes ..

franjacado's profile photo
franjacado
08/28/2014 9:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.