Diabetes is inherited?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/28/2014 8:04 a.m.

Good morning to everyone, can diabetes be inherited?Let's see, my mother suffered from gestational diabetes with me, and for about 10 years she is diabetic, I am 29 years old, my question is, if I can suffer diabetes over time, however I try to take care of myself since I see all the risks andCompications that my mother has, is a disease that gives me panic, but sometimes my head thinks, that as in pregnancy gestational diabetes tube and now it is diabetics, it gives me that I think I have many ballots.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/28/2014 8:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see.To start diabetes is not the end.

It is a disease that needs daily controls and corrections.

It does not have to be hereditary but the possibility is possible.

My father was diabetic and I am.But my older sister than me is not.

Free advice ...

Take care of yourself, do not abuse from sugar, depart from the pastries, avoid copious food, such as a paella with dessert and then a nap .... advo ... tobacco ... feel very good but against more abuses of all that... more numbers you have.

What damage does a healthy life?Now I make more healthy life than before.

Now I know what it is to live well.
Do not live scared.Cuiate and if you have to arrive.But it is not the end either.

franjacado's profile photo
franjacado
08/28/2014 9:20 a.m.

Hi @Salvador, to answer your question, I created the topic " Calculate the risk of having diabthes (by inheritance or habits) " that collects several methods of calculating the risk of developing diabetes.

I hope it is also useful for other foros!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
08/28/2014 10:05 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

A note ... is not hereditary, it is genetic, which is different ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/29/2014 4:38 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

But there are more chances, I think ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
08/29/2014 10:11 a.m.

fer said:
hi @salvador, to answer your question, I created the topic " Calculate the risk of having diabthes (by inheritance or habits) " which collects several methods of calculating the risk of developing diabetes.

I hope it is also useful for other foros!;-)

It depends on many factors, but do not confuse hereditary with genetic

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/29/2014 11:12 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

"Type 2 diabetes has a closer relationship with family history and offspring than that of type 1, although it also depends on environmental factors.
In general, if he is a man with type 1 diabetes, the chances of his child to have diabetes are 1 of 17.
If she is a woman with type 1 diabetes and gave birth before 25 years, the risk of her son is 1 of 25;If he had it after 25, the risk of his son is 1 of 100.
The risk of your child increases double if you gave diabetes before the age of 11.If both you and your partner have type 1 diabetes, the risk is between 1 of 10 and 1 of 4.
There is an exception to this data.Approximately 1 in 7 patients with type 1 diabetes has a condition called polyglandular autoimmune syndrome Type 2. In addition to having diabetes, these people also have a thyroid disease and a malfunction of the adrenal glands.Some also have other immune system disorders.If you have this syndrome, the risk that your child gives the syndrome, which includes type 1 diabetes, is 1 of 2. "
I have copied this note of a medical magazine of nephrology with which I gave after small investigations as I diagnose my 9 -year -old DM TPO 1 daughter having diabetes since the age of 20.I had it with 25 years, very controlled pregnancy with good glycosylated HB.
In life, in life, I was going to imagine that it was going to develop because despite asking it repeatedly in the consultation during pregnancy they told me that the percentage was minimal (they obviously influence mediating factors etc etc etc and it is not only the genetic predisposition) .Vay that if you touch you, it's your turn.
If I had a second child, the risk of developing it reaches 60% with which it is my personal decision not to risk because diabetes is a very heavy backpack due to many ornaments that are tried to put it. I say it from my specific case because ifI would not have had children, I would have evidently tried.

beti's profile photo
beti
08/29/2014 11:33 a.m.

I attach an article for me very interesting, in case you want to take a look.
A hug.

beti's profile photo
beti
08/29/2014 11:44 a.m.

Well, in my case, neither my parents nor my grandparents have been diabetic, however we are two sisters and the two with type 1 diabetes, it has touched us, to be done.: -L.Now we need to see what happened to our children

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
08/29/2014 11:53 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Of course it is hereditary.In my family and to know: my great -grandmother, her son: my maternal grandfather, my mother and all my maternal uncles, my. Hermano, my niece -Hija of my sister- and me.All types II except for my niece that is (type I) from 5 years.While in my family it seems to follow a pattern through the eldest son or daughter ... My grandfather's brothers were not diabetics and crosses from my mother.).In us it seems to follow a clear and identified pattern.Let's see what happens in the future ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
08/31/2014 5:32 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

I am the first type1 of my family: -s.Only my grandfather was type 2.
But I am diagnosed with dsd girl hypothyroidism (TMB without a history) (they say k type i comes from there ..) King is seen if you have an endocrine disease you have more chances of developing another such as type Diabetes.
I don't know the truth ...

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
08/31/2014 5:19 p.m.

I also have hypotiteidism and 2 years late came to me the diabetes t1

franjacado's profile photo
franjacado
08/31/2014 7:55 p.m.

In the case of my daughter, only her paternal grandmother was type2.I don't know if the genetic relationship between type 2 and type1 has been studied

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/31/2014 9:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

take care of you?Well, not in excess because if you make type 1 diabetic it will be the same as what you eat, it is an unpredictable disease, and a little lucky, there are no studies that know pq of this disease and pq in some develops and in another.

It does not have a remarkable genetic pattern, nor does it have for your brothers or your children, I think that if it touches you.

So enjoy your health, also if you would develop it as in the end you get used to it and it is not so bad, but for now I would not give me bad.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/22/2016 9:56 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.