Insufficient blood drop

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/22/2014 4:26 a.m.

I wanted to remind you of the importance that when you take the measurement, the drop of blood is sufficient to fill the reactive strip once, otherwise, the measurement will be incorrect.
That is, if the blood sample is insufficient, and the meter does not capture it, what we usually do is to preside right away more and re -apply more blood to the reactive strip to complete and this second time already admits it.
Well, this measurement in two attempts is usually incorrect down.In my experience even 30 points lower.It has happened to me on more than one occasion, apparently abnormally so low I repeated the test and the new measurement was already much higher and with a level within the usual ones in me.
Greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/22/2014 4:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Miguel, in addition to what you say, there are also other factors that affect the measurement result, take a look at the thread "sugar meters really work?", I leave the link here: Link

fer's profile photo
fer
09/22/2014 8:43 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.