Pencater for pen

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/26/2014 6:23 p.m.

A long time ago about a canula that avoided pricking with the pen for a week.

It was similar to that of the bomb.Does anyone use them?I am interested in trying them.

What you did was to inject with the pen in the cannula or via, I don't know what to call it.

Thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/26/2014 6:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Can it be a insuffion?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/26/2014 6:27 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

My daughter uses the insuffion.I apply it with emla anesthetic cream and change, according to the manufacturer, every three days.You cannot mix two different types of insulin (the Lantus is subcutaneous skewer and by the rapid).The catheter is quite long, it is punctured oblique between 20 and 45 degrees.The ten -units box is worth about 30 euros in the pharmacy.All the best!

beti's profile photo
beti
09/26/2014 8:09 p.m.

I will approach the pharmacy for an insufflon box that I see is 17mm like almost that of the bomb (18mm oblique to 45 I think)

When the pump catheter fails and use the needle pen of 8mm to 90 degrees the insulin takes about 40 min to start to take effect.With another catheter put from the bomb, it takes effect at the 10 min that for me as I am a lot of difference.

Sometimes the catheter is not bad and catheter change because I need the effect of fast insulin.

Therefore I wanted the insufflon to put the insulin inside.Are there needles for more long novorapid-people or that they managed to give me a hypoglycemic effect before?

How is the conversion of units of the pen to the jarguilla?Many years ago I don't use syringe.

Thank you so much.

DiabetesForo
09/27/2014 11:05 a.m.

Water, I think you don't have to convert, I think that a few years ago the syringes have already changed that so that so that it would not have to be done.
There are 12mm needles, test, they will still do well

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/27/2014 11:36 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

How do you know when insulin begins to take effect?or if you need it faster or less?I have been with diabetes for a long time and I have never heard of all those things, doctors or educators or anything.When I see here comments I feel like everything was new, I am even starting with the different bowling (which I had never explained before) and I still don't know if I do well @-)

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
09/27/2014 12:54 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Belefe74 My comments are personal experiences.No one is going to tell you when it takes effect, you will see that with the glucometer in hand, and with the sensations that the body gives.

The 12 needles do not make me much either, I used them before and left them in case they were the cause of the lipomas for being fatter ...

I will try the catheters to see how such ...

DiabetesForo
09/27/2014 5:12 p.m.

Hi bety
As your girl is going with the insufflon, I would like to try it for my 5 -year -old daughter

Vane0519's profile photo
Vane0519
09/29/2014 3:44 p.m.

We are super happy.I think children earn as life.A lot of punctures are saved (possibly adults with diabetes clicking to be the least but the children value it a lot). The insertion is nothing painful with the anesthetic ointment and on top of that it does not have a little sea (before it was filledof brunette gut for very well we click on it). He endures very well in the pool. Don't doubt to try !!

beti's profile photo
beti
09/29/2014 4:07 p.m.

I have already bought it.I have spent one to see how it enters.1 Novorapid -pen are 3 drops.1 drop of the 3 leaves the catheter that is 2 are to fill the catheter.In principle it has no plug to close it like that of the pump.I understand that it must last 2 or 3 days before removing it.

I will try to put it in my leg to see how the insulin is absorbed.I don't know if I will have to fill those 2 drops if you spend time without insulin.

I have taken it to stop serious hyperglycemia in principle.

DiabetesForo
10/04/2014 3:05 p.m.

Hi Agua102:
We purge it with a half insulin unit (we have junior apidra bolis that goes half a unit).People purged them with insulin syringes (those used for vials) that allow you to take minor doses that are usually handled by children. And no, you don't have to fill it even if you spend time without injecting; that dose remains in the catheterinternal.

beti's profile photo
beti
10/04/2014 8:40 p.m.

Thank you very much Beti ... how long does the catheter last?

DiabetesForo
10/06/2014 7:15 p.m.

Yes, the insuffion.
It is used only for a type of insulin, so as not to mix and do not interfere with the action.Better use it for the fast one that we manage more times a day and thus avoid more punctures.
I have used it and endure up to 5 days.
Leave a little brand on the skin but I find it very practical especially for children.
We must ensure that we click well and that the needle enters the padded part of the palomilla so that insulin is correctly administered.

Link

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/26/2016 4:30 a.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

This is the I-Port Link
Link -port-advance-medtronic/

If someone has tried that we inform us, we want to buy it

Antonio Alarcon's profile photo
Antonio Alarcon
11/26/2016 11:10 a.m.

DM3
Padre de Javier, 14 años, DM1 desde Mayo 2016

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.