Oral glucose /peptide overload c

Carmen80's profile photo   09/30/2014 6:35 p.m.

Hello everyone, my name is Carmen.I am not diagnosed with diabetes but lately I have very important dizziness and the endocrine, who thinks that I can be prediabetic because I have many hypoglycemia (that told me), it has sent me to do the oral glucose overload test and when collecting the analyzes, lookingOn the Internet, it seems to me that the peptide C is very high, and I think this is not normal.

If you could help me a little, I'm somewhat scared.

Pepid glucose C insulin

30 min 124mg/dl 3.77 ng/ml 51.70

60 84 5.04 42.97

90 83 4.34 32.44

120 75 3.67 22.73

Thanks a lot.

Carmen80's profile photo
Carmen80
09/30/2014 6:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Carmen80 What it seems that you have is a reactive hypoglycemia due to excess insulin production and at all prediabetes.
Pepid C is produced along with insulin and is used in clinic to know how much insulin is secreted since insulin is immediately degraded and C peptide is removed slowly.
Do not allow the endocrine to diagnose you as prediabetic in light.
I put a thread link of this same forum on reactive hypoglycemia
Link
The hypoglycemia of which we suffer diabetes and treat it with insulin is due to the fact that we have to function with fixed amounts of insulin that we are injected we have no capacity to adapt with agility to the situations that need to lower blood insulin.
A prediabetic does not secrete quite insulin with what is not going to have hypoglycemia.
If you have doubts we will try to answer you

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/30/2014 7:21 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.