Carlos Sobera and Bea García: "Diabetes has never conditioned us"

fer's profile photo   10/16/2014 6:09 a.m.

Carlos Sobera and Bea García, presenter and athlete, did not know each other until this talk begins with them.Apparently, they have nothing in common and cannot be more different.One is an emblem of Spanish television competitions and an actor with more records than his undeniable comic vision implies.The other is a young athlete who faces an upcoming challenge, the last race of the 4Desert, being the first diabetics to do so.

That is precisely what Sovereign and Garcia share, the way of facing a disease that was diagnosed with both with very different ages.To him with 51 and to her 10 years.Vanitatis unites them both in this interview in which they take several common interests among which is also, obviously, television.

She does it on TV3 and he, when the theater and play the minister leaves him.In fact, Sovereign has presented mythical programs as a million or the best years of our life.“I am type 2 diabetic precisely because in 2010 2011 I was doing at the same time catches a million, the Rose War and another program in Euskal Televista, and that makes you have to spend twenty days away from home and travel,Take trains cars, get stressed to the sites… ”

Carlos Sobera and Beatriz García at the Hotel de las Letras. Carlos Sobera and Beatriz García at the Hotel de las Letras.
He was frightened to discover that he was type 2 diabetic, but believes that the disease has also helped, paradoxically, will improve his life.“I used to spend twenty days out there without going home for work, from here to there.That implies eating sweets, tortilla skewers, Russian salad, bread ... together with stress, which is a fairly important factor, takes you to diabetes.In the background, it came well because I was forced to lose weight, to have an exercise routine, physically I am great. ”

It is not a death sentence, it is a chronic disease that does not have to affect your normal life
Garcia also seems to take him with poise since he was a girl, although his family tries to protect her when she faces a challenge that she conflicts with her diabetes.For example, the 4Desert: “It's seven days surviving what you carry in the backpack.People told me: "Are you going to suffer?"It is a philosophy of life, of being able to go to four parts of the planet with runners around the world.Your parents have a bad time because you are out of a security area, because there they have a hospital for three or four or five hours. ”

Sovereign is now at a prolific moment of his career.The minister is the work that occupies his time now, before the exhausting television recordings return.Between the tables and the small screen it is clear that it would not prevail one over another: “The contest seems to me the best of the formats.It is the only one in which the presenter can be fun, spontaneous and improvise.This cannot be done or Wyoming in your program.The contest is like that, a mechanic with people you do not know, that you do not know where they will leave and that force you to do their best. ”

Since television is the other great link between Bea and Carlos, what would they think if any executive offered them together a health program?"We would love because we have the same philosophy with respect to diabetes, for example," says Bea.

Next and great point in common between the two: the joy produced by devoting themselves to what they like above any impediment.“I hope to continue competing for many more years, maybe not at the same level but I want to continue doing it.In fact, long -distance athletics is a sport associated with older people.You have to convey to people that it is a very cool sport although it does not see much here.We are a small country but we have good athletes in allDisciplines, ”Bea tells us.

Soverea is also delighted with the work because now not only takes care of it more to cope with it, but that care makes it better the theater fluctuations, in which it is currently immersed: “It is the only place in the world in which you are aloneBut you have the feeling of power that gives you to be in front of the public.On television there are cuts, technicalities and a thousand things that distort the process a bit.But I also stay with TV. ”

Both also coincide in launching a message of tranquility to those who have just been diagnosed with diabetes, whether it is: “I would say that they do not be scared, which is not a death sentence.It is a chronic disease that does not have to affect your normal life. ”

fer's profile photo
fer
10/16/2014 6:09 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.