Alba or "Del Alba" effect

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/25/2008 12:45 p.m.

: o Hey, I ask again ...) I better expose the case and why)

To my daughter from 7 a.Occasionally, as it is very bad comedian, it is sometimes fasting for a long time and according to its pediatrician suffers from hypoglycemia (60) according to hair glycemia.
Jugo is administered first and then some HC and is usually recovered quite well.

The fact is that the other day being good suddenly it began to meet badly (his head hurt a lot, he was super white, he had cold and lethargic skin, he also had dizziness).
I gave her to drink and it seems that she found something better (she does not even like the juice but hey, she takes it)

The other times that has happened to him an episode has been rather that it has been found very tired, paido too and not at all alert.

The fact is that something recovered but I still had a lot of sleep (which is very rare, it is ADHD) and was "too quiet", the fact is that after 15-20 min.I looked at him with the glucometer (reflo) and was at 174. Of course, I think it could be normal because little that (although little) he had drunk the juice but the case is that he spent the rest of the day (that was about 13h +-) good.

At night he had dinner soup (little), water, no bread and no dessert.

The fact is that I used it with me and her father and about 5.20h in the morning she was very uneasy and I thought ... Let's see if she is going to find badly?And he made him fold the hair glycemia (she kept sleeping) and gave me value 233. That had already passed at least 7 h since the girl had dinner and I was surprised a little, but I don't know ...
The fact is that at 2.30h after this value, at 8h when the awake I look at her again (she already wakes up) thinking that she would be high and gives me 87 the reflo,? "

I do not know if in a healthy person these values ​​can be normal because as sometimes I have read that at more than 200 at any time of the day and regardless of whether you have eaten or cannot be a diagnostic criterion of diabetes if it is accompanied by symptoms and mydaughter several times has given values ​​above 200 of small but not symptoms such as polyphia, polyuria ... I don't know if someone can tell me something.
PS: My mother is diabetic I and never gave symptoms either, nor is she hungry when a hiccup ... It was a little of chance to discover that she was diabetic.

My daughter already looked at her and a half for hyperglycemia (I comment in the other message) but they did not control her again even if an oral glucose load between 4 and 5 is recommended but in the end I do not request it and the endoTanmpoco remembered to ask me after so many years.

Thanks to everyone for the forum, it is very interesting, although it is somewhat stopped, isn't it?But well, it is equally interesting.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/25/2008 12:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Susana,

It has not become clear if your daughter is diabetic or not, in that case, what kind is it?

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
04/23/2008 2:28 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi, Susana.
I don't know why titles as "alba effect" what you tell us.
I think you should go to the doctor and do the necessary tests.
Nor do I understand Miy well why you did not test the glucose overload if the doctor recommended it.
Your daughter's figures are not normal, but it must be the doctor who decides.
Don't delay it.
Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/23/2008 2:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.