Infrared glycemia meter

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/30/2008 2:13 p.m.

A few months ago I got information that some Germans had developed a infrared glycemia meter.I have tried to get more information but it has been impossible for me.I have even sent an email to the creators' page but they have not answered me.It seems that someone has made all the information disappear.The device was called "Lima" and I think it would be something extraordinary.I do not know how many times you will make a glycemia a day, but my daughter does not go down from 6. Imagine about 7 years with such tute.
I put a link where this information appears:
Link ... Sort_by = 1 & amp; </a
: Evil: I would not want to think that this is the work of powerful companies with purely economic interests.
Wouldn't it be horrible?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/30/2008 2:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Jose.
I do not know the prototype that, but I have long stopped becoming illusions, because those of us who have already worn a few years in this, we have seen "born" to hype and saucer continuous meters, some invasive and others not, that looked like the panacea andthat later, or did not work, or disappeared as quickly as they had arrived: the glycowatch, the pendra;THE GLUCOTRACK ...

Many interests, a lot of money at stake, and little interest.Bad mixture.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/30/2008 3:21 p.m.

After several years after the Glucowatch 2, I managed to get one (it was only sold in the USA and UK), apparently a revolutionary system that allowed to obtain glucose readings by means of electric discharges on the skin, etc ... the main advantageIt was that with its use you could be obtaining glucose measurements every 10 minutes, unfortunately they already warned that the margin of error was 85%.

When I had it in my hands, the disappointment was capitalized, first, I had a period of "heating" of 1 hour, during which you had to contrast the GW2 values ​​with a traditional blood glucose meter, once it was calibrated, I began to obtain readings, but once again, the effectiveness left much to be desired, it gave information that had nothing to do with reality, it was blocked with sweat ... a roll we are going ... I am not surprised to stop selling itin September 2007.

Anyway, what has been said, that wonderful inventions must be taken with tweezers ... and believe little or nothing, until the opposite is demonstrated.;-)

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
05/01/2008 6:11 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, let's not despair, the one I know, the Guardian, although he still lacks something to close the loop with the pump, "works."So to be attentive and keep tracking each of these pots, I am convinced that when they get "place" one in social security, others will appear like churros.Word of the child Jesus.Then with more time it tracks this new pot.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
05/01/2008 6:56 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.