Levemir insulin temperature

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/09/2008 3:56 a.m.

Hello, as I started to administer insulin (Levemir).Break at 10/18, but in summer, and especially here in the area of ​​Malaga, there is usually a much higher temperature ... between 25 and 35º ...... Then I am afraid that it will not be kept well...... Someone can advise me on this issue ..... Thank you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/09/2008 3:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello José Luis:

The insulin you are using should always be at room temperature, try not to expose it to the sun.

DiabetesForo
05/09/2008 4:44 a.m.

José Luis, the insulin that you are using, as Prado says, you must have it at room temperature, especially since cold insulin hurts a lot.Of course, never in the sun, because it loses the properties.The insulin that you keep in the fridge.When I take spare because I am going to spend the day out, I also carry it in my bag at room temperature.
As you are new in this I recommend the cold bag, it is very practical to conserve insulin.You can buy it in www.conexioni.com >
Ah! ... If you go by plane, never bill insulin, because it reaches very low temperatures, always with you, in your handbag.
All the best

DiabetesForo
05/09/2008 9:23 a.m.

Hello!I have also released recently.I am doing very well reading because you are discovering things.The cold bag is very good to conserve insulin.
A question, as you control the time that your insulin pen lasts, that is, it expires within four weeks of being out of the fridge, as you control it, not to pass?Do you point it in the glycemia results notebook?I don't know which should be the best system, surely you have good tricks.

Thanks and greetings.

PINK

Rosa's profile photo
Rosa
05/09/2008 7:37 p.m.

Hello rose, I would like my son to last four weeks,
But if you have doubts about when you started getting used to it and noted in the analysis notebook that you always have it.Anyway, my son changes it for another when something still has left, he does not expect to exhaust her.
Greetings
Peace

DiabetesForo
05/10/2008 6:29 a.m.

Rosa, when we started with this issue for fear of spending on the expiration date and because my daughter was very little insulin for her young age, every time she premiered a pen, I put the date on the transparent partWith a permanent marker or if I put it in the box where he kept the rest in the fridge.
Now with time I am no longer worried, more or less you control what a pen lasts and that's it.

DiabetesForo
05/15/2008 5:16 p.m.

Jose Luis the use always in the freshest room of the house if the sun does not give you in all the rooms because Malaga in summer: D squeeze.
I have one of those connectionbagWell, the water evaporation system is like those of mud pipos that have to have ventilation, and in a plastic bag it is heated: shock: a lot, if it is fabric without problem, but always under the umbrella do not leave itIn the sun, you can also buy a thermal bag of those that are flexible and there are small ones to wear the snacks and with putting inside a can of cold drink is enough to keep the insulin fresh, do not put frozen blocks that if it is stuckInsu is too cold.
In summer the lantus the truth changed it every two by three because the temperature changes affects it and I did not fly.

Rosa before I pointed it on a calendar that I have at the door of the fridge and I always had it in sight, the bolis lasts little.

Pumba's profile photo
Pumba
05/17/2008 3:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.