{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

@anif Sii I called the GP because it was easier to contact me and he managed everything, he sent me preferential to the endocrine and they have called me to go on Monday, and the stump for October.I guess at high risk the endocrine already sends me, to see what they tell me.

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
08/21/2020 10:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of course @Sonii I imagine that the endocrine has to do with hemoglobin to see if it gives you the approval, and if you are taking any medication to see if you continue to take it or not, then it is already bacon is for when you stay orYou are trying for some time without success ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
08/24/2020 1:28 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@erpla Well yesterday I went to the endocrine and nothing, I looked at me, corrected a little where I needed, I had to raise the insulin, I have more resistance, but at high risk he said nothing, he did not derive me or anything.So I don't know if here it goes differently.But the stump at 12 weeks is the same as any other pregnancy, according to what they put in the forum sees you high risk with gynecologist and that.

Soniii's profile photo
Soniii
08/25/2020 8:20 a.m.

@SONIII Well I no longer know if in Extremadura it will be different or according to medical criteria for each case ...

anif's profile photo
anif
08/25/2020 10:09 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

Well then you know, to control the maximum, hemoglobin below 6 if possible and when you get to todology, they will tell you whether it is risk or not ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
08/25/2020 9:16 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Hello girls.My name is Maricruz.I debuted with 500 in March this year, before confinement.I go little by little knowing my body, but still somewhat uncontrolled.I have a 6 -year -old daughter, and since we were born we wanted to give her a little brother.It never worked.
But right now, with diabetes, celiacy, hypothyroidism, psoriasis, ..... I have a delay of 11 days.I did a test 2 days ago and left negative.I did not do it with the first urine in the morning, and I usually drink a lot of water throughout the day.
I have pain as if I went down the rule, which are more annoying at night.In the morning I have no nausea, but I am something dizzy.
They don't meet me until Thursday with the endocrine.Oh my mother !!!
I wanted to ask them if something similar has happened to any, and in that case, what was the outcome.Pregnancy or premenopause?
I have read all the comments.Congratulations to the pregnant women and encouragement to those who wish.
Thanks in advance.

MariCruz's profile photo
MariCruz
09/21/2020 12:07 p.m.

I'm going to vent, with your permission.
Today I have done another pregnancy test.It came out negative.Lost hopes ....
Well, apparently it can be premenopause or Sjogren syndrome (two dots on the "or").I have the immune system made dust, so diabetes becomes a mere process in my life.
Take a lot.A hug.

MariCruz's profile photo
MariCruz
09/22/2020 11:47 a.m.

Hi @Maricruz, it is fine to let off steam, that's what the group is also for.It's a huge task, I can't tell you anything else.Greetings and take care of yourself.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/22/2020 6 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Thanks Nigiri.
Tomorrow I start the tests to determine what is happening to me.
I will tell you because it seems important to me, provided it has to do with diabetes.
A hug.

MariCruz's profile photo
MariCruz
09/22/2020 9:44 p.m.

What is all good @maricruz.
I understand that if you can look for pregnancy: encourage it and you know a lot of control of glycemia, which having debuted in this situation must have been a roll ...

anif's profile photo
anif
09/22/2020 10:40 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Hello, I'm new here and I would like to consult you to see if you can give me a hand.I am pregnant of 33 weeks.When I made the long glucose curve I got to the limit (only 1 of the values ​​and only a little above) and they sent me to repeat it by obtaining a similar result so the doctor decided to put on the gestational diabetes diet and carry glucose controlBefore and two hours after breakfast, food and dinner.The fact is that with the diet that told me, fulfilling it 100 percent my values ​​are low (between 60 and 70, although I have no dizziness) especially after breakfast, before the food and before dinner (and the values ​​two hoursAfter the main meals they never go from 110).I have changed my breakfasts, lunches and snacks by putting more hydrates and proteins (I spend the day eating) but the result is similar, a little higher but many days is still below 70. The doctor sees me every 15 days so I stillThere is a week left to see me, I have increased more than a kilo in a week but I still don't control glucose.Any advice?

Littleele's profile photo
Littleele
09/26/2020 5:16 p.m.

littlelele said:
hello, I'm new here and I would like to make a query to see if you can give me a hand.I am pregnant of 33 weeks.When I made the long glucose curve I got to the limit (only 1 of the values ​​and only a little above) and they sent me to repeat it by obtaining a similar result so the doctor decided to put on the gestational diabetes diet and carry glucose controlBefore and two hours after breakfast, food and dinner.The fact is that with the diet that told me, fulfilling it 100 percent my values ​​are low (between 60 and 70, although I have no dizziness) especially after breakfast, before the food and before dinner (and the values ​​two hoursAfter the main meals they never go from 110).I have changed my breakfasts, lunches and snacks by putting more hydrates and proteins (I spend the day eating) but the result is similar, a little higher but many days is still below 70. The doctor sees me every 15 days so I stillThere is a week left to see me, I have increased more than a kilo in a week but I still don't control glucose.Any advice?

If you are not wrong with those values ​​(between 60 and 70), nothing may happen to you ...
Ask out of curiosity, do you eat very fast?

anif's profile photo
anif
09/27/2020 5:08 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

anif said:
littlelele said:
hello, I am new here and I would like to make a consultation to see if you can give me a hand.I am pregnant of 33 weeks.When I made the long glucose curve I got to the limit (only 1 of the values ​​and only a little above) and they sent me to repeat it by obtaining a similar result so the doctor decided to put on the gestational diabetes diet and carry glucose controlBefore and two hours after breakfast, food and dinner.The fact is that with the diet that told me, fulfilling it 100 percent my values ​​are low (between 60 and 70, although I have no dizziness) especially after breakfast, before the food and before dinner (and the values ​​two hoursAfter the main meals they never go from 110).I have changed my breakfasts, lunches and snacks by putting more hydrates and proteins (I spend the day eating) but the result is similar, a little higher but many days is still below 70. The doctor sees me every 15 days so I stillThere is a week left to see me, I have increased more than a kilo in a week but I still don't control glucose.Any advice?

If you are not wrong with those values ​​(between 60 and 70), nothing may happen to you ...
Ask out of curiosity, do you eat very fast?

Thank you very much for answering.As normal or very quickly or too slow.If it is true that I am of thin constitution, that my metabolism burns quickly ... anyway these last days it seems that I am getting a little better increasing the hydrates a little (eating a little more bread goes)

Littleele's profile photo
Littleele
09/28/2020 8:37 p.m.

@Littlelele to see what the doctor finally tells you ...
In my humble opinion, not professional, I think that if you do not have high values ​​and with the bass (60-70) you are perfectly, there should be not much problem ...
I asked you to eat quickly precisely about metabolism, but it is a "normal" speed should not be a problem.
Courage with measurements and control and do not worry in excess.

anif's profile photo
anif
09/28/2020 11:43 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

@Littlelele until it comes down from 55 is not considered hypoglycemia.In pregnancy it is also normal for glucose to be lower than normal.While you are well, I would not give importance.If you notice dizziness it would be something else.Do not try to raise it with more hydrates because the high peaks if they give problems and there is more risk that the baby comes very large.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/29/2020 1:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Murasaki said:
You have advanced taty, yesterday I was about to open the thread I will start by providing some links with information that has been very useful to me

Study of states of behavior in the fetuses of diabetic mothers
Link
Assistance Guide of Diabetes Mellitus and Pregnancy (Art. Of SED)
Link

Continuous subcutaneous infusion of insulin (ISCI) in pregnant pregnancy (art. Of thirst)

Link
Current evidence on the use of insulin analogues in diabetic pregnancy
Link

Well I think to start is not bad.

Thank you very much for all these references, the truth is that some articles are very interesting.

marta5's profile photo
marta5
09/29/2020 3:25 p.m.

Hello everyone, I wanted to consult you to see if someone can help me.I have been told that I have the very low ovarian reserve so I am going to need some kind of safe fertility treatment, I still don't know where they will throw because I am pending that they do more tests, my question is the following. Any of youHave you submitted to this type of treatments?How has you affected diabetes if you have affected you?Thank you very much and greetings.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/07/2020 2:14 p.m.

@nigiri I just made I need, I am now 6 -week pregnant waiting for the echo to confirm if it is well implanted and so on.In my case I did it for social security and sent me directly to IVF because it was a male problem of low quality and spermatic count.Of course 10 -month waiting list once sent me to IVF that with the COVID lengthened 1 more month.And before that he already had several test time.The worst thing is that it is a long process and wears quite a lot if you do not take it easy.
With diabetes I have not had much problem, hormones alter your glucose a bit but with insulin adjustments I have gone well.It is more my last Hemo, who had already done the whole process has been 5, the best I've ever had.
For what I have seen depending on the clinic and the person changed the medications they use but more or less do the same.First they leave you at rest your ovary (make not ovules) with contraceptive pill or with injection medications (this was my case).I put it 15 days and then continued with a half dose of that and started with the one that stimulates the ovary to mature several follicles.During this part they are doing you analysis of blood and ultrasound hormones every few days to see how they go and adjust the dose if necessary.When they are ready you have to put another injection to ovular and 36 hours later they program the puncture to extract the ovules.This is general anesthesia, which is the most delicate part for diabetes but it is quite fast, you are asleep as 1 hour.But you have to 8 hours before without eating or drinking anything.I lowered slow two days before and I had no problems but I had already talked to the endocrine that if I had any hiccups I could use a small dose of glucagon.Being little anesthesia awake quickly, they leave you a few hours lying down and then let you eat and drink and see if you go to the bathroom.If everything is fine you go home and rest.I spent two days very swollen and with some discomfort but without pain.
With the ovules that take them, they fertilize them and at 3 or 5 days they notify you of those who have survived and go to the implementation.This is already without anesthesia or anything and is very fast and does not hurt, as a normal gynecological review.
From the day of the implementation they put you progesterone and that also shows in the glucose.But in general for me it has been quite easy to control although with constant adjustments.Any questions ask me without problem and if in the end they send you to I can tell you more things in the process.
Greetings and good luck

Yessica_A
10/07/2020 10:49 p.m.

Thank you very much @yessica_a and congratulations, hopefully everything goes well!At the moment they have to do a hormonal study to see if the few ovules I have are of quality and they also have to study him, for several weeks we will not know anything, I will tell you ... Thank you very much again, again, again,I am calmer when reading your experience, I am right now with it in 5.7 so I hope that if I get to the point of having to do some treatment, which is the safest, I can carry it as well as you.All the best!.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/08/2020 1:19 p.m.

@nigiri Thank you very much and be calm that with that control you will be able to carry out perfectly what comes.Let's see what the tests say and if they recommend any treatment.If in the end it is IVF if you want to talk more quietly and tell you all my experience in more detail in case it helps you.For me the worst of all this are the nerves of seeing what will happen and you wait for them.Diabetes with the motivation that makes you think of a pregnancy gets along very well.Surely everything is doing well and you are not pregnant.All the best.

Yessica_A
10/08/2020 1:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.