{'en': 'Novel "Homo Plus" by Frederik Pohl', 'es': 'Novela “Homo Plus” de Frederik Pohl'} Image

Novel "Homo Plus" by Frederik Pohl

Juan Luis's profile photo   07/18/2008 5:29 a.m.

I read the novel by CF “Homo Plus”, by Frederik Pohl.He goes from a man who changed each part of his body by bionic devices to transform him into a Ciborg capable of going to the hostile planet Mars.

That is, they change their arms and legs for more strong ones, the eyes, for others with telescopic and infrared capabilities, their skin for another with all kinds of sensory capacities ... hehe, even take away some members of them, let's sayUseless for the conquest of Mars, with the firm promise of reimplanting them on the way back.

The fact is that in the first test they did, a fortunate previous one, it happened to him that when he woke up from the operation of the implants directly gave him a cerebral infarction.

It had happened to him that his brain had not endured such amount of information.So with our hero they had decided that, in addition to bionic implants, they were going to install a chip with SW to filter all the information before reaching the brain.

I do not remember many details of the novel, even how the story ends, but my head has come to see me with so much pot, with “review gs”, “measure gs”, “low battery”, gs high ”,GS low ”,“ Low reservoir ”, with catheter changes, sensor, reservoir, with diverse beeps, with cables hanging, with punctures, with droplets, with glucometer, with a puncture, with cookies, with juices ... and onlyto replace one of the most useless members of our body, and also to give it, badly, the minimum functionality it has.

Come on, more than Homo Plus, I feel "Homo Menus."

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
07/18/2008 5:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

hahahaha Juan Luis How good ....... how much I end up and I only carry the bomb :))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/18/2008 5:47 a.m.

Hahaha, Juanlu, you have reminded my old sister.

When her children were young and, both she and her husband worked, the assistants lasted little (my sister's character also contributed)

One day they met a man who had been working as a butler for some Marquises, but the Marquises died and he stayed on the street.As he did not want to leave Cáceres, she couldn't find work, so my sister and her husband hired him and lived with them until his retirement.
It was wonderful, especially with children.
But since my sister and her husband were not marquises, they always said in a bone tone that they did not have "butler", but "menordomo"

It is nonsense, but you have reminded me.His name is Antonio.

Health

DiabetesForo
07/18/2008 7:19 a.m.

JA, JA, JUAN LUIS, I imagine taking a "robocop" complex !!!

What stress be aware of so much "APARATE" "hanging" :))

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
07/20/2008 1:05 p.m.

Hahaha very good !!!:))

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
10/15/2016 6:49 p.m.

ceciii said:
hahaha very good !!!:))

Looking at the user activity dates, this thread had to be written in 2008 or 2009. How do you find such old threads?

Although the truth is that it is very good, I have given my vote.

And I do the opposite step of carrying anything on top and least nailed to the body, in the day by day I only carry a preloaded mini syringe in the bosillo and only if I know that I am going to eat.If I don't carry anything.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/15/2016 7:10 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41 Do you know if there is something similar to a syringe in which we can carry insulin, but that is hidden and simulates being something else, for example a pen?Look that I have searched but I can't find anything.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/15/2016 8:11 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
ceciii said:
hahaha very good !!!:))

Looking at the user activity dates, this thread had to be written in 2008 or 2009. How do you find such old threads?

Although the truth is that it is very good, I have given my vote.

And I do the opposite step of carrying anything on top and least nailed to the body, in the day by day I only carry a preloaded mini syringe in the bosillo and only if I know that I am going to eat.If I don't carry anything.

There is a list of topics under the title "Other users read" ... If I think it may be interested, I look there.

He had not given me the date of last activity of those who wrote it.

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
10/15/2016 8:44 p.m.

Well, it was worth refloating it, I had totally overlooked me, and yet, today it makes more sense than ever, especially since I carry the Dexcom!:)) :)) :)) :))

fer's profile photo
fer
10/15/2016 9:24 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

artories said:
@sherpa41 Do you know if there is something similar to a syringe in which we can carry insulin, but that is hidden and that simulates being something else, for example a pen?Look that I have searched but I can't find anything.

Well, no idea, I carry a syringe of those for children because it fits anywhere and does not bother, nor does anything weigh.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/15/2016 9:31 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

:))

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/16/2016 1:51 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I sherpa41, with the syringe I understand him very well :))

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/16/2016 1:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

When is this?What a discovery!It has been a very funny comment

DiabetesForo
10/16/2016 10:10 a.m.

sherpa41 said:
artories said:
@sherpa41 you know if there is something similar to a syringe in which we can carry insulin, but that is hidden and simulateBe something else, for example a pen?Look that I have searched but I can't find anything.

Well, no idea, I carry a syringe of those for children because it fits anywhere and does not bother, nor does anything weigh.

@Sherpa41 I have always said that because they did not sell smaller feathers.Women normally do not involve problems if they carry a bag, but and do we?

How do you load the syringe?How do you avoid getting out?How do you prevent you if you carry it in a pocket, do not press the hole?I started with the feathers and I have no idea of ​​syringes

DiabetesForo
10/16/2016 10:14 a.m.

The insulin position, taking it from a normal ball, nailing the syringe needle in the soft part, where we then put the needle of the ball and stretch the syringe, it is absorbing it.He does not come out for herself, but it is true that I have ever pressed it unintentionally when I put my hand in my pocket and goodbye insulin or part of it, but we are going to once with a ball, it has also fallen to the ground andIt has broken me.

Normally I carry only the syringe when I go near home, to the bar, some near restaurant, to take a turn of less than 2 hours, which in my case is almost every day.When I go outside the city or very far and many hours, I have no choice but to take a backpack with the bolis, the glucometer, a drink ... but that happens to me very few times.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/16/2016 12:03 p.m.

Well, I usually wear the ball in the jacket pocket, in another pocket the mobile pocket, in another pocket the Dexcom receiver and in another the blood glucose meter, in the pocket of the pants of the pants 4 or 5 envelopes of sugar, ifI wear a backpack or bandit, I wear the glucagon, and more sugar or glucups, in short, I do not reach Homo Plus, but almost, I have a whole kit!=)

fer's profile photo
fer
10/16/2016 12:26 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The first thing my sister gave me when I left the hospital was a bandit that 14 years ago I had a very modern uncle, ... I did not want to see her in painting, in 14 years I have not removed it that does not mean that it isthe same one then ...: (((

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/16/2016 2:33 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
insulin charge the charge of a normal ball, nailing the syringe needle in the soft part, where we then put the needle of the ball and stretch the syringe, it is absorbing it.He does not come out for herself, but it is true that I have ever pressed it unintentionally when I put my hand in my pocket and goodbye insulin or part of it, but we are going to once with a ball, it has also fallen to the ground andIt has broken me.

Normally I carry only the syringe when I go near home, to the bar, some near restaurant, to take a turn of less than 2 hours, which in my case is almost every day.When I go outside the city or very far and many hours, I have no choice but to take a backpack with the bolis, the glucometer, a drink ... but that happens to me very few times.

Thank you @sherpa41, I will see what I do, I have never used syringes and impose respect.How do they sell them?By sizes?With or without needles?I do not know everything about the subject,

DiabetesForo
10/17/2016 10:24 a.m.

In the pharmacy where you buy insulin ask them if they have small syringes for children.They sell them in 10 bags and cost € 2.95.I use the bd microfine 0.5ml (0.30mmx8mm)

You can also ask for syringes in the insurance where they give you the diabetic material but they gave me some of the Italian brand Icopium that I did not like as much as those of the pharmacy and for € 3 ...

They carry the needle and all inclusive.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/17/2016 11:31 a.m.

sherpa41 said:
in the pharmacy where you buy insulin ask them if they have small syringes for children.They sell them in 10 bags and cost € 2.95.I use the bd microfine 0.5ml (0.30mmx8mm)

You can also ask for syringes in the insurance where they give you the diabetic material but they gave me some of the Italian brand Icopium that I did not like as much as those of the pharmacy and for € 3 ...

They carry the needle and all inclusive.

Thanks, now with the cold and the coats do not need, when the spring arrives I will try it

DiabetesForo
10/17/2016 11:33 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.