High glycemics with bomb

yaiza's profile photo   01/24/2012 7:09 a.m.

Hello, I have been an animas bomb since April and a Dexcom sensor since February.Before pump glyded 7,2-7.4 with hypoglycemia later pump 7.2-7.6.
My goal was to have 7% gyrus without hypos that I can't get and it won't be because I don't pass a gram and there are days that glycemia looked at me 8 times.
When I think I am ovulating, the 500 mg glycemia rises with acetone and before I went up to 300mg one day and controlled it quickly.Now when I have enough left over and when I am missing I have acetone.When I wear a sensor I have no hypos since when I am 60 like and it goes up and at night he warns me and how.My conclusion is that per fear of whichever as and I am never low for several hours as before and my glys have worsened.I am considering leaving the pump and the sensor since I kept leaving more time and my glys were better.
I use pump mainly because I am sensitive to insulin and with pen I can not put half units and the days that you are going well with bomb and without it and the days that you go wrong with the bomb you are worse pq at least the slow one I think I think youIt covers more.
I exercise 3 hours week and stop the boma and sometimes I get 300 others I keep and sometimes I download, I never know what will happen.Normally I stop and I don't wear anything.
I carry a basal that increased or low from time to time and at night when I have 80 I take a yogurt and sometimes I endure and sometimes I lack insulin or I have left over.I'm going to give you a summer to see what happens because I am a weirdo or I don't know what happens to me.
In 2002-2004 he took a bomb and when my glys left it, they improved just before having my daughters.What happens that the pump can be corrected 20 times without having to prick and eat when you want.
The same thing happens to me?

yaiza's profile photo
yaiza
01/24/2012 7:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Yaiza
The same thing happens to me, with the difference that I do not carry a bomb, use Levemir and Novorapid.It is impossible for me to know my insulin sensitivity index, succeed with the units, succeed with the intakes, make hydrates equivalences for fast insulin ..... uffff, bad.
One day eating the same and with the same insulin they give me strong hypos and another I am in 300 ...
Just for that, I would like to put on the boma, but as the economic situation is in my community, because it gives me even a hurry to comment to my endo, in addition to the hospit that belongs to me does not put them, they should lead me to another.
I have calculated that it would save me more than 1000 punctures a year, with the consequent benefit to my thighs, they have some mounds that I no longer know how to take them away, although it is not hard, it shows bulge.Tpoco meeting solution, apart from the expensive Thiomucase cream, which also does not enter the SS a long time ago.
In April, I will return to endo and tell him to see how he reacts.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
01/27/2012 4:27 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

The pump will at least avoid clicking so many times the canula is changed every 3 days and you can correct so many times you want and without problems but when the sugar goes up for the reason it seems that it goes up more but it is easier to correct.What you earn is less pq when the sugar goes down you stop the pump and normally stop going down a little and start it again.The bad in summer if you go to the beach and you stop it you have to wear something if not then it raises you a lot.

yaiza's profile photo
yaiza
02/22/2012 6:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yaiza, how long do you have the sensor+pump?Every change needs adaptation and learning ... and handling the sensor is not so simple, if you let yourself be carried out it is easy to fall into what we call a roller coaster, I do not know if it is your case.
On the other hand, it is true that hemo is not so simple to lower if you have no hypos, but using the meter and the pump sure you can lower that figure without risks ...
On the other hand, you do not have a different profile for when you have the rule? If you need in that more insulin period, as usual, make a pattern increasing your basal and put more bolus according to your needs in those days.
And with respect to the exercise, I would not stop the pump, put on a lower temporal basal and see the sensor see if it goes down or keeps you ... if the descent is not very abrupt, you may not need any extra contribution of hydrates and withThe storm is enough to not make hiccups ... And if you see that you get up then you put some extra bolus so as not to have hyper ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/27/2012 4:33 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.