Does anyone 1 use metformin?

Samira's profile photo   07/18/2008 6:32 a.m.

Good Samira I take metformin and insulin, I send me the endocrine because I had to reduce weight.With the metformin you have to click less in that way.further.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/29/2014 1:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello compas!

Well, the truth is that I just discovered this forum looking for information on the use of metformin in type 1 diabetics, since my endocrine has prescribed it (for the second time the first one does not come to make it by their own decision).

The fact is that in recent years I have continued gaining weight (I am 31 years old and weight 95 kilos with 1.79 high) despite having adapted my diet and doing something (not everything desirable because of the time I am working on)Exercise and endocrine has told me to try these pills, which will supposedly make me click less insulin (as he told me, both Lantus and Novorapid) and will help me lose weight.

If I am sincere, the truth is that I have many doubts and seeing the side effects that you comment here enter me even more, so I would appreciate any spring or experience that you can share.

Thank you very much to everyone and I will continue to dive for the forum to see what I find !!: D

Rutogo's profile photo
Rutogo
09/03/2014 9:16 a.m.

Hi @samira
I am type 1 diabetic and I have been with metformin for a year and the truth, which has not given me any side effect, well yes ... that takes away the appetite, it is helping me to lose weight.I started drinking 1 every 12 hours and now I take 1 at each meal (breakfast-almail-core).I hope you do well!And my comment has served you.

EuBeRiRo_24's profile photo
EuBeRiRo_24
01/13/2017 9:14 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 1 desde Mayo de 1993.
Tresiba: 32 Ui a las 23:00h
Humalog Kwipen: de 2 a 5 Ui en cada (dependiendo de las cantidades de Hc y los niveles de glucosa)
HbA1c 7.4% ¡¡Alcanzando mi objetivo!!
Creciendo cada día y sin parar de luchar en este mundo llamado Diabetes
Del 92

Hi @samira,

I am DM1 with metformin many years ago.

In my case, insulin resistance has improved and I have lowered the dose a lot, especially slow.

The unpleasant side effects, just add to what the partners have said that I only noticed them in two very precise cases:

- When I forgot to take the metformin and jumped 1 dose, when I was waiting for the next and I took it, I used to sit fatal, but the stomach discomfort lasted a few hours.

- When I did not wait for the necessary time after clicking and ate too soon or too quickly, causing me a very abrupt glucose climb (usually if it reached 250 I automatically had to go locating a WC because the download was imminent)

Over time the effects soften and almost disappear, at least in my case.

I hope I have helped.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/16/2017 12:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.