"Ghost" ups

Nenito's profile photo   02/02/2012 7:32 a.m.

Hello guys, as you know I am one of those of type III diabetes, and I carry it with great pride and strength, encouragement and teson, so that my girl carries normally and well her type I diabetes. The question is that we have been a few days that a few daysSo suddenly, her sugar goes up a lot, so, without any apparent reason.To give you an example, it has been a few days that in the control of after breakfast, or in the one after the food, it is very high without having barely taken hydrates, sugar or anything similar.I know that it is one of these cases that you know as "X files", but my issue is now, these increases have nothing to do, or with their back pain, or with a high nervous tension, right?The most possible, and I blame it, it is a possible garganic infection, that she cannot release the constipated.

The thing is that it is so rare, that in one day it can be high, as in about 270, and suddenly click only a couple of insulin rations, and flatter, descend.And of course she throughout the day because Eta shattered to see, who arrives and wants nothing more than to make up.I understand her.And look that this girl eats well and balanced.

A hug to all and thanks.

Nenito's profile photo
Nenito
02/02/2012 7:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, it would not be to rule out a possible infection ...

Women have more oscillations with the hormonal issue, which is very related to glycemia.

I always mention this possibility but it is important to rotate from the injection zone, not only to take care of our skin but to ensure good assimilation of insulin.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/02/2012 1:05 p.m.

Thanks Owash, really.Your quiet if it never hurts to remember it, besides that it is true and it is true, that according to the area the insulin enters, which has ever passed, that unintentionally, it has been punctured in some bruise, and it has not done itThe effect it had to do.The theme of hormones and infection is also tied then, apparently, so to see if it improves if.

Nenito's profile photo
Nenito
02/07/2012 6:46 a.m.

Hi Nenito, how old is your daughter? ... mine has 13 for 14 and debuted with 5 .... during the first 6-7 years, he has practically eaten the same rations and has varied very little its insulin requirements, something more every year that happened but not significantly ... now this last year has been brutal to increase its needs, in such a way that when it began to do hyperglycemia after eating it always blamed anything to anything, withoutThinking that what I needed was faster.And what if I needed !!!
On the other hand is the issue of carbohydrates, fats, proteins and the combination of these ... their way of metabolizing, their absorption ...
Of course, hormones, tension .... All that also affects, unfortunately, controls.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/07/2012 7:21 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hoola Velia, thanks for your explanation, is very helpful, but not, she is not my daughter, she is my partner hehe and debuted at 37 hehehe now seems to be more stabilized, but it is true that there is the case thatEat what eats, sometimes it seems that it is not the insulin.On Monday he went to the endocrine and came very happy, because he had lowered glycosylated hemoglobin, I love it so, what step by step we all go better.

Nenito's profile photo
Nenito
02/16/2012 7:50 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.