Inexplicable dowers

david29's profile photo   02/15/2012 12:16 p.m.

The question that I ask is not for me, is because of an aunt that I have that it is not diabetic but for several months they give it some tremendous low, the case is that it even is insecante with less than 20 mg/dl.Of course it is not insulin.They have studied, tests ... but everything gives normal and recommended giving diet rich in carbohydrates.The strangest thing from everything that a few days ago the head doctor put glycobay at breakfast and dinner worsening the situation.Why do they put oral antidiabetics?I do not understand it, well in fact it doesn't take them anymore.Now we are waiting for more evidence but the poor is his arta to take so much sugar.I think if it could be an insulinoma.What do you think?

david29's profile photo
david29
02/15/2012 12:16 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Although Glucobay is indicated for diabetes, it can be considered more a food complement than an oral antidiabetic, it acts on digestion slowing down the absorption of carbohydrates (and with it it slows the elevation of blood glucose levels) and that is something thatIt can help in type 2 diabetes, I don't know the reason for PQ can be given to someone who has no diabetes ... Maybe they have given it from the point of view of not "stress" the pancreas in mealssince the pancreas is where insulin occurs and if it is more "quiet", maybe the problem of hypoglycemia a bit ... but it sounds a bit to "patch" until it really occurs and also seems that it seems thatIt doesn't work.

They can be several things ... It can be a thyroid problem, it can be a liver problem, it can be the taking of other medications, ... they can be many things, you will have to wait for them to do more tests and until then take thingsWith rapid absorption carbohyds to get out of these situations, it does not have for being unique and exclusively sugar ... you can take things like glucosport (there is in several presentations: tablets, ampoules, gel) sell it in pharmacies, you can carry with yousome bottle with soda.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/15/2012 1:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,

I am very interested in the case of your aunt, you know something you already have results, it happens to me and have made me a sugar curve, but I have no visit with the endocrine to tell me how the results until within the monthAnd a half and of course I am pending to know what happens!
That they have told your aunt, which means those sugar dowers, are they normal or why do they give it?
Thank you.

Tistii's profile photo
Tistii
02/27/2012 9:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.