Deceptive advertising?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/20/2012 1:11 p.m.

What opinion does this deserve?;

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/20/2012 1:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is, at least, "distorting" advertising

Diabetes is not operated, as cholesterol is not operated, not the high tension, nor the flu.

Gastric By-Pass what it does is reduce the absorption of nutrients and something that would not know how to explain, so in overweight type 2 diabetics, it would significantly improve glycemia when weight loss.

For me that advertising is not very ethical, apart from inaccurate and misleading.

Health

DiabetesForo
02/20/2012 1:53 p.m.

I don't think you can say that they lie.
It is true that in certain people the operation puts an end to the symptoms of type 2 diabetes as a consequence of weight loss and because food, stopping passing through the stomach and duodenum, stop sending the corresponding signals to the pancreasAnd it works more rationally, producing the necessary insulin.

In my view, it is killing gunflows ... For certain patients it can be their only solution, that's true ... but the risks are huge: Link ... Enthes.html
10% patients have serious complications: shock:

Stenosis, calculations in the biliary (in fact the bile duct sometimes removed), ulcers, intestinal obstruction, internal hernias ... are all serious, very serious complications.
It is not uncommon not to lose weight after bariatric surgery, and this occurs approximately 10% of patients after 5 years, and in about 20% of patients at 10 years

Patients are still sick ... Another thing is that symptoms decrease to reasonable limits, but do not disappear.

DiabetesForo
02/20/2012 4:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.