Interested in operating an insulin bomb.

jorge's profile photo   09/20/2008 2:02 p.m.

Well, although it is a question at a silly principle, the formulo more than anything because I know that it will give me more than one headache to get it.

The fact is that I am a disaster with the insulin, many times I forget to take the feathers (I have insulin Lantus and Novorapid and I click 3 of Rotepid fast insulin and 1 of Lantus), others do not sulked me because I do not remember if I have already alreadyI echo and almost all times I only measure the blood sugar when I am at home and I remember.

Apart I have already suffered an acetoacidosis and a severe hypoglycemia, in 6 years that I have been with the disease.And I suffer a really brutal weight disorder, without going any further a week ago by the 63 kg and now weight 57 kg (measure 1.69).I look like a Yonki (only appearance, no drug use).

For more inri, my work being of variable schedule and also irregular effort is with my carelessness an arduous task to supply the dose of insulin well and never at the same time, bone zero routine.

Then I have started looking for methods and solutions and what I have found and what I think would be of immense use, it has been the insulin bomb.Now my question lies in how to get it, I know that in Spain they are subsidized but I fear that the doctor of negatives, no longer because I think it does not deserve to have it, but because of how lazy they are in this type of thing.Then I would like you, you explained to me a little those who carry one as you go and above all those people who have passed through the feathers and now carry one, if they have improved their quality of life.

Thank you very much for paying this tocho and for the possible answers.

jorge's profile photo
jorge
09/20/2008 2:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Jorge:
Yes, it improves the quality of life without a doubt and much, but it is not the panacea, wearing an insulin bomb implies wanting to take care and be responsible, you have to measure the glucose more frequently, I make the full profile every day, that is to say, does not work alone, good control is only achieved with effort and dedication with both bomb and feathers.
In my case it was my endocrine who proposed to try the bomb although my control with feathers was very good, I still accepted and now I did not take it for anything in the world, I continue with good control but with less punctures, from 4 or 5 daily to1 every three days and is already part of me, nor do I find out that I carry it.
If you really want her talk to your endocrine.
Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/20/2008 7:53 p.m.

Hi Jorge, as Prado says, carrying a bomb requires making frequent controls (since there is no insulin reserve), and if you forget to put the Bolus you will have such a serious effect as with Boli.Of course, the pump gives you a record of the insulin that you have supplied, the time, etc.In case you don't remember whether you put it on or not.But it requires a lot of responsibility, contol and preparation to, above all, avoid ketoacidosis.
If you think you are prepared for this option, you must go to your endocrine and propose the change to this method.If he considers it appropriate, he will ask the corresponding organism to grant it and form to learn the use.And little else.The waiting time depends on the communities, or even, if it hurries me, on hospitals.
Good luck, and if you dare, here in the forum there are many bobma users with some experience in the subject already.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/24/2008 4:44 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Ola good night I wanted you to help me for the insulin pump what I have to do and all that if it is subsidized if social security ages it symptoms and if there any type of bomb that measures the bloody glucose and that she herselfSegrege insulin according to you, I hope I hope you yude
thank you so much

Xabier

xabier's profile photo
xabier
01/28/2009 5:47 p.m.

Good morning.
Jorge, I agree with Prado and Velia.
My daughter has put the bomb a few days ago.She had been with many ups and downs for years, but they have not wanted to put the bomb until she convinced that she was willing to assume the responsibility of becoming more controls, measuring food for rations of hydrates, etc.

The pump is a magnificent tool, but it only serves if the who carries it is very disciplined.It requires learning and being very constant.If so, the controls improve significantly, and the quality of life in terms of freedom of schedules and others, too.

Jorge, if you want a bomb, surely the endocrine will have to do with you a participatory and constant attitude.Go to the endocrine, tell him why you love her and convert (but above all convert you) that you will be very disciplined.

Luck.

As for Xabier's question, that bomb that you want is what we want to have one day.Today, there is still no intelligent pump that supplies insulin according to the needs and values ​​of the patient at all times.
But everything will come.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/29/2009 6:04 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.