New insulin: swallow?

Regina's profile photo   02/25/2012 8:28 p.m.

I have read Gondrullo that it is a very stable insulin and that we will have it next year.But I don't know anything else, could you inform us, if you know anything?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/25/2012 8:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good in this link this insulin is explained very well:

Apparently it is very similar to Lantus insulin, only lasts longer, perhaps a little more than 24h ... it is already known that the Lantus does not have an exact duration of 24h.XC.

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
02/26/2012 4:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A link:

Here they speak that they are already in phase 3 in the US, so I imagine that right now they must be in Europe as well.
Being in phase 3 is the prelude to the approval of its commercialization by the American and/or European agencies.

What I remembered is that they said it was an insulin that lasted 3 days ... and here they are already reducing it to daily injections and at most 40 hours, in the case of type 1.

And that reduces hypoglycemia:-/ It is not any merit that reduces the hypos compared to Lantus, it was only necessary to increase them;Interestingly they are not compared to Levemir: Shock: 8)
It is that if it produces hypoglycemia it means that its "hypoglycemic power" is also reduced during the day, which forces to adjust the insulin bolus in meals or oral antidiabetics in the case of type 2.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/26/2012 4:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it seems that it will arrive soon.Less nocturnal hypos than with Lantus, more than 24 hours insured and decreased hem at half a point.
The truth is that whenever we have changed insulin, it has been for the better, although with Lantus we have cost us the adjustment.
Let's see if we also get it with it and you can adjust more glucose without risk of hypos.
Thanks and kisses :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/26/2012 12:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.