Letter to Bernat Soria

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/11/2008 1:28 p.m.

Mr. Minister:

I call him that because that's what he is: a politician;A minister who has nothing to do with what he sold us.

You are up there, Mr. Bernat Soria.He has risen thanks to the struggle of many people, diabetics and relatives of diabetics who believed in you and in his promise to cure diabetes with stem cells.Those people, who have left the skin in demonstrations, collected from signatures, tireless kicks of offices, convincing, supporting, asking, demanding that they be allowed to investigate ...

And these people got you, flag of the fight against this damn disease, to wave at the top, and you were facilitated, and they were paved terrain ...

And those people were glad when they were appointed minister, thinking that now it was you who could pull the car and finally help the diabetics ...

These people went from joy to expectation;From expectation to understanding;of understanding of patience;of patience to skepticism;From skepticism to disbelief and, finally, of disbelief to disappointment ...

You have sold us, Mr. Bernat Soria.You have supported us to climb and, once up, you have forgotten us.
We have been their Kleenex, which are used and thrown away.

Now he goes on TV to talk about Alzheimer's (and does well), the pill of the day after (and does well) or of a thousand songs (and does well) ...

But he has forgotten the diabetics.You have forgotten those who believed you, those who fought for you, who trusted you ...

He has sold us, Mr. Bernat Soria, like a Judas, not for 30 coins, but for an armchair.I hope the armchair, Mr. Bernat Soria, is comfortable, because he has paid it by betraying, and that has a name.

Too bad that the displeasure is not punished but because of consciousness.Are you aware, Mr. Bernat Soria?

Wow, Mr. Minister, go see those people who fought for you so much and explain why the armchair is worth more than them.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/11/2008 1:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ay Alea, reading you I have remembered that Benedetti poem that began ...

In an exact photo of the newspaper,
Mr. Minister of the impossible,
I saw in full laugh and in full euphoria
and in full joy his simple face.
I will be curious, Mr. Minister,
What laughs?
What laughs?

... and ended

After all you are the biggest stick
of a ship that is going to pique.
That's why I say, Mr. Minister,
What laughs?
What laughs?

I will be curious, Mr. Minister,
What laughs?

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
10/11/2008 2:22 p.m.

Today I saw him, uploaded to a marine ship and accompanying the king, queen, infantas, the pressure camps, "Larritabarberá" and dozens of public positions, to leave the world around the world in Vela (a fact that at 99.8% ofMortals brings it to the cool but the Minister of Health has to go .....

Last year I went to the Fed Congress, the aforementioned Congress opened ... I arrived 10 minutes late and there were no photographers left.

In Valencia we know him well, he gave the first prize expectations of the association.At that time I met them ... today he has overcome all my forecasts ... he is a politician, with all the letters ... scientist ceased to be more than 5 years ago.
The day Enrique Roche to publish his memories of the years he shared with this character.:-/

DiabetesForo
10/11/2008 4:10 p.m.

Alea, your words have recently been in my mouth.
When I started investigating this disease, I stop news about Soria that made me excite me thinking about the near future that helped Maria.
When he came to Isla Cartuja to investigate, my illusion grows more.
When he was appointed minister, he doesn't even tell you my joy.
Now that I hear it by talking about this or that, I don't hear the word diabetes anywhere.
Even so, I have hope that one day this work is over, I return to yours, in what is good, and we give us all a joy.
Let's not lose hope.

DiabetesForo
10/12/2008 5:14 p.m.

Alea, I imagine that what has led you to write that letter, which I think reflects the disenchantment that we have all suffered with this man, is that where you expected an impulse for "our" artificial pancreas, you have encountered a brake ..That makes my disappointment increase ...
A long time ago, when he still believed in him, a person very involved in the theme of diabetes told me of him "others are the ones who put the egg, but he likes to packet him :?".Time has shown me that I was right ...

DiabetesForo
10/14/2008 7:52 a.m.

Thanks Alea, for putting words to our feeling and effectively, our disappointment.

DiabetesForo
10/14/2008 1:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.