I need a "kit-kat"

HanSolo's profile photo   03/12/2012 1:15 p.m.

Well yes.As the television announcement says, for some time, I think a stop could be good.A break.A "diabetic vacation", as the great psychologist in diabetes Iñaki Llorente says.They are a few things that sometimes pile up and generate some unnecessary stress.And it is true that we have all noticed on occasion that diabetes saturates us a bit and that we could do well disconnect in some way from all those extra concerns that this disease supposes.But of course, it's not so easy.

For a few months I have been noticing these symptoms of the need for diabetic holidays.It is true that I cannot stop taking care of myself, and that I cannot stop watching in my diabetes, but I can distance myself a little - at least for a while - of everything that surrounds this disease.And coincidentally, it is precisely now in March when some of my concerns and tasks related to diabetes, touch to an end.My mandate is over as president of the Biscay Association and at the same time also the presidency of the Euskadi Federation.Therefore, my presence in Madrid also ends in the Fede.When I started my presidency, I said I would be just a mandate.And I have done so.I was clear before, and now even more.Because I think it is necessary not to enter into these types of unpaid charges that wear so much and how a few compliments they receive.In addition, they phagocy a lot of personal free time and unless your work allows you, it is also necessary that time for you and yours.And for a long time, I am angry to see that I cannot do everything I wanted in the association because I do not have physical time for it.Therefore, both personal life and my work at the head of the Association/Federation suffer.
But not only that period of linking with my diabetes ends.I also want to start a rest and disconnection stage with a bit of distancing on other fronts, such as the Internet.Look at news, read articles, inform me of things, read and post in forums ... All this also wants to enter the pack that I intend to leave a little aside for a while.And that's why I tell you all this roll.

I will not disappear.I think I can continue to help people.I have been on the board of directors of my association for 8 years and they have insisted to continue in it, although my presence is from now on as "ghost member", with much lower assistance, at least during my diabetic holiday period.I just want to take a break.Something that I think sometimes we all need in different areas or areas, and this, why not, it is more that can sometimes require - and in fact it does it now - a period of disconnection or distancing.

Well that.The other day I had my last meeting as president of Bizkaia.In two weeks I will go to my last meeting of the Fede to Madrid.And in 3 weeks I will have my last Ordinary General Assembly of members of my association, in which I will give accounts of this year 2012 and the balance that I leave to my substitute.That is, this month I will liquidate the fringes that will end this stage that I hope to pass another in which to be able to take everything that surrounds this disease with a little more calm.I wanted to participate in my intention and what I have long thought about.Of course, since I do not become invisible, I am still located for those who want to locate me.I'm going on vacation without mobile, but there is always the hotel phone, I don't know if I explain ... :)) :))

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/12/2012 1:15 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I understand you.
I understand you too well.

Within a few months, you will see things with much better perspective.
From distance, without pressures or personalisms ... things look different, neither better nor worse, otherwise.

The problem is that you cannot leave ... neither your diabetes nor diabetes.
At least, that is my feeling.
I wanted to leave, not my diabetes, but of diabetes.
But I couldn't.
They threw me somewhere ... I didn't want to be in others.
I took a while ... I heard and asked for a lot of people, some friends, some very little friendly ... and the result was that I couldn't leave.

More or less, now I have a marked line, in my diabetes and in diabetes.
The difference is that the rhythm and the objectives I frame them ... and this was what I needed.

Anyway, I'm just talking about me: Oops: :))

Congratulations for the past and luck in the future.
It has merit to leave the associations standing, even with some scratch, but standing.

We will continue to have you here, right?Even if you are from pears ...

A hug

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/12/2012 2:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Eat it !!one, two or three .. and put the insulin you need.And you do very well to get away from the subject.It can obsess and there are many other things in life.
Enjoy it!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/12/2012 4:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I hope the "Kat Kit" does very well, we all need it at some point in many aspects of life.Courage and rest a little.I thank you for the work you have been doing as a recent member of the association, and why you were one of those who gave me a first reception in the association.A Musutxu and enjoy the holidays ...

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
03/13/2012 6:35 a.m.

I hope you don't leave us at all;) In this vacation time, your contributions are always very interesting .....
Enjoy the kat kit and I hope you return with renewed forces .....: D

DiabetesForo
03/13/2012 7:52 a.m.

I don't like the kit kit: Mrgreen:

No, seriously, it is good to put distance with the things that get over us.

Anyway, do not leave the forum, because I need to have who to argue.

Health

DiabetesForo
03/14/2012 7:11 p.m.

Well, it is a luck to be able to take a kit-kat, so take advantage of the respite and renounce yourself, that you did notice a little unruly: D;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/15/2012 5:53 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Bueeeno Bueeeeno ... either was I so unruly, girls ... or maybe?:-)
From time to time you have to practice a healthy confrontation of opinions, right?

I think that psychologically not everyone needs in their lives this type of disconnections, although diabetes is a disease that generally demands, because of its enormous psychological and emotional wear.But today I notice that I need them.Then there is the fact that I can disconnect and keep my margin, which is another.But I will try.Sometimes when you stop you realize that you help people saying things that maybe you have not even put into practice despite being good advice.

In a few days I will continue to liquidate issues that will continue to download this backpack that I have loaded with things myself.
Thanks for the support.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/15/2012 12:33 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

You leave if buying the Dexcom?Ha ha ha

superman1's profile photo
superman1
03/15/2012 6:05 p.m.

A kit-kat is a break to take strength, do not change the simile that we all lose.
We need people like you, worried about their own health and that of others and wanting to fight.

From your trajectoria in the forum: you have given me a lot of light in this diabetes and information that I can call training.

And I finish, writing in the forum will not take you a long time, do not leave us.
A hug.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
03/15/2012 7:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.