{'en': 'Honey for diabetics', 'es': 'MIEL para diabéticos'} Image

Honey for diabetics

Elisa_25's profile photo   11/06/2008 5:01 p.m.

Does anyone know if there is any kind of honey that we can take diabetics?

Thanks, greetings

Elisa_25's profile photo
Elisa_25
11/06/2008 5:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.
In the market there are some brands of honey imitations.I have several flavors, such as Maple and a natural one.
There are several types and flavors, but not everyone can find them in supermarkets, although online a good variety of types of sugar honey.
I do not put names or brands because I don't know what country you live, but there will surely be some in your country.
I hope I could be useful.

clematis07's profile photo
clematis07
03/06/2009 11:40 p.m.

Alaaaaaaaa here I have never seen honey without sugar !!!

What I do know is the agave syrup, which is like a honey but with a very low glycemic index, with which although it has to be counted as CH, it does not unbalance glycemia levels: D

I will look for the miles without sugar on the web!Thanks for the information!

All the best!

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/04/2010 8:55 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa,
I didn't know that there is a sugar honey, now I take a teaspoon of the normal, I will investigate tb for the network to see what I find
Greetingsssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
12/04/2010 9:29 a.m.

What is a honey without sugar?It can't be honey: shock :: Shock: I take honey, with fresh cheese with curd ..... a little more insulin and ready .... I don't see the problem of taking honey.The one that consumes is a honey that gives me a friend who has bees, is a totally natural honey with nothing added, I think that the honey they sell in supermarkets add sugars or glucose .... so consuming completely natural honey notI see no problem.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/04/2010 10:04 a.m.

As I understand, a teaspoon of honey are between 9 and 12 gr of CH, we go a ration.I suppose that it also depends a lot on the type of honey and if it carries an addition, as Prado says.More or less 80% is fructose.

I have been investigating the web and I found that the EE is stimulating the production of sugarless Stevia honey: Link .But for what it seems for now it is only an initial phase project.In the same article, he says that beekeepers feed the bees in winter: Shock :: Shock :: Shock :: Shock :: Shock :: Shock :: Shock :.

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/04/2010 10:38 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.