How many bolis do you have?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/19/2012 4:44 p.m.

They gave me two, one for each type of insulin and a syringe bag in case one spoiled me.Would you need an emergency ball?How much useful life do they have?Until now I had only used the disposable bolis and they seemed very comfortable.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/19/2012 4:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't understand the PQ very well questions this ... I don't know if you're talking about the material they gave you when they are discharged (assuming you have been admitted) or if you are talking about the material that is usually had for day to day.

If you are talking about the material that they provide when you are discharged by each person to whom you ask will comment on their case and surely there are as many cases as people ... it will depend on each hospital, maybe there are hospitals that give you material toQuietly a month and others give you the minimum to get to you until you go to your health center to prescribe and for material, whatever your hospital salts with material (either much or little) because you cannot run out of insulin.

As for the type of material, the thing varies depending on the treatment, if we are talking about type 1 diabetes and treatment with multiple injections at least two types of insulin (one "slow" and another "fast") will be used and also varies inFunction of the presentation of these insulinuas (roads & GT; syringes, feathers & gt; needles).

If you are talking about the material that is usually used for day to day, someone who has a complete dependence on insulin cannot run out of its insulin treatment and you cannot be with "I have a pen and when I finish I go for more" or"I have a vial and when I finish I go for more," you have to have a minimum stock of home safety, you can't wait to have the last road, the last pen, the last syringe, the last needle ... PQYou fall the vial or pen or whatever and you run out of your treatment and that is unacceptable.
The feathers are sold in boxes of 5 feathers per box, each will see how much insulin consumes the day/week/month but I believe that when someone is going to prescribe, at least the material to endure 3 to 4 weeks and evenHaving that material at home is going to prescribe, that recommendation was given to me a nurse many years ago and that is what I do, in my case I always have 2 boxes of Lantus (one without starting and another started) and 2 boxes of apidra (aWithout starting and another started) when the starting box is running and I will start the new box I will prescribe, it can be said that I always have at least one box without starting each type of insulin at home.

There will be those who seem a lot of quantity, there will be those who seem little amount, I think that the right amount because this disease is not like others that can be allowed to run out of treatment, whatever you have to have a minimum stockof security and that security will depend on the amount that gives you security.

DiabetesForo
03/19/2012 5:49 p.m.

I suppose that it refers to rechargeable feathers for insulin cartridges.I used them at the beginning, now in Spain the cartridges are not marketed, only disposable feathers.

DiabetesForo
03/19/2012 6:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.