{'en': 'How much do I have pancreas?', 'es': '¿Cuanto me queda de páncreas?'} Image

How much do I have pancreas?

annasira's profile photo   01/15/2009 7:38 p.m.

Hello!!

I am new in the forum and I have also recently debuted, my debut has been this summer in routine analysis who was going to tell me that it was going to be the first of the family to have diabetes !!!

The thing is that I am not yet aware and I do not take care of anything besides that I do not measure the glucose daily, I did not just get the idea.

Anyway, today they have told me that when you have diabetes losing pancreas in the functional aspect I imagine is that true?

That is what scares me I'm very afraid !!

Thank you!

annasira's profile photo
annasira
01/15/2009 7:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Annasira:
I had never heard that: shock:, the pancreas has more functions than to produce insulin, but I suppose that it refers to a moment that does not produce more insulin, beta cells are running out but otherwise it continues to function normally.
What kind of diabetes do you have?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/16/2009 3:48 a.m.

Annasira, we all fear what we do not know.
By this I want to tell you that you will not stop being afraid, unless you take the reins and start taking care of yourself and knowing your illness.
I don't know how many insulin reservations can stay.What I do know is that they will end, and if you don't put the batteries, you will have serious problems and you will end up in the hospital.

Of course, if you take care and mentalize, your life will be of a quality very similar to that of those who do not have diabetes.
You choose.

If you decide that your life matters to you, here you have us to take a hand with doubts.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/16/2009 6:18 a.m.

First of all thanks for answering.
I have type 2 diabetes due to obesity I want to operate stomach reduction because they have told me that it is possible that after operation and with certain care I can get to disappear.
The truth is that I am very lost, they have explained everything about the disease but the day to day especially at meals it makes me very hard, I do not have the levels very high and I am taken Daonil 1-1-0 I find myself better butI don't just mentally and be aware.
Thank you all.

annasira's profile photo
annasira
01/16/2009 11:13 a.m.

Well, if you have type 2 you are in time to put on the batteries and hopefully turn back.Do not waste the occasion !!Any thing in which we can help you .... Here are very nice people .... I am also starting in it, I have been penal for a few months, but I have the type 1. So welcome to the forum and want is power💪

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/07/2022 5:29 p.m.

Cassie said:
Well, if you have type 2 you are in time to put on the batteries and hopefully turn back.Do not waste the occasion !!Any thing in which we can help you .... Here are very nice people .... I am also starting in it, I have been penal for a few months, but I have the type 1. So welcome to the forum and want is power💪

@Cassie
If you squeeze on the calendar to the left of "denounced message" tells you the date of it.For example you have answered January 1, 2019 ... Hopefully the girl has already remedied ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/07/2022 6:18 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
casssie said:
because if you have type 2 you are in time to put on the batteries and hopefully turn back.Do not waste the occasion !!Any thing in which we can help you .... Here are very nice people .... I am also starting in it, I have been penal for a few months, but I have the type 1. So welcome to the forum and want is power💪

@Cassie
If you squeeze on the calendar to the left of "denounced message" tells you the date of it.For example you have answered January 1, 2019 ... Hopefully the girl has already remedied him ...

Thanks Isabelbota !!hahaha is that I got out of my new, I don't understand why ..... I hope it too ... hahahaha

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
08/11/2022 11:02 a.m.

annasira said:
first of all thanks for responding.
I have type 2 diabetes due to obesity I want to operate stomach reduction because they have told me that it is possible that after operation and with certain care I can get to disappear.
The truth is that I am very lost, they have explained everything about the disease but the day to day especially at meals it makes me very hard, I do not have the levels very high and I am taken Daonil 1-1-0 I find myself better butI don't just mentally and be aware.
Thank you all.

Type 2 I have with some obesity and despite having gone through the emergency room, I have not mentally mentalized either, I should weigh 85 kilos and weight 113 kilos (28 kilos of overweight), I am taking Synjardy 12.5mg/1000mg (mettformin)1-0-1 and Trulicity 1.5mg Weekly puncture for the pancreas that makes me go to the bathroom with decomposition almost every day (they told me that I would force the organ to create insulin and also lose weight with it), but as the meals I carry themA little regulators seems to keep the weight, although my endocrine every time I go tells me to lose weight !!
You have to mentalize in some things, for example if you make the purchase in the supermarket, have eaten something before going, so as not to fall into temptations and bring home foods home.If you go to buy and it is not diabetic as you buy food for him (who is locked up), that you cannot fall into temptation.
To me my doctor who is nutritionist instead of customizing gave me a diet of 2000 calories from which they give everyone equally and is disgusting (very few amounts and too many vegetables).
If you have to operate on the stomach of getting better or talk, but turn your house for your home every day ... something ...
We have to be aware that as we screw it up with type 2, let's go to 1 and then there is no turning back and there will only be needles, meters, hypo-hydrglycemia, in our life !! ...

Ostia, I have not read that it was from 2019 !!, forgive to raise the thread .....

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
08/13/2022 7:17 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.