{'en': 'Can anyone recommend a good book?', 'es': 'Alguien puede recomendarme un buen libro?'} Image

Can anyone recommend a good book?

MONICA's profile photo   01/22/2009 12:14 p.m.

Hello everyone,

Someone could recommend a good book on type -1 diabetes?.I would like to have some more information, and a guide to support me when doubts arise.

Thank you ;)

MONICA's profile photo
MONICA
01/22/2009 12:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

For me the best diabetes book is:

Type 1 diabetes in children, adolescents and young adults
Ragnar Hanas, M.D., Madrid, 2004.

ISBN: 84-60907-82-1

Peeeero is exhausted, there is no way to get any:-/ ... if someone knows it tells me something.

Instead of a book I recommend a website:

www.clinidiabet.com >>
Very complete and simple.

If you want very technical information, you can download various documents in PDF:

And if you want something more simple:

There are files with brochures of numerous topics

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/22/2009 2:07 p.m.

Hello!

I have at home a book that deals practically all the issues related to diabetes, as an introduction and then I see it quite well.I will buy my ex to learn more about the disease that touches us, I did not read much because it already took me with the lesson quite learned;)

All for diabetes
Treatments, associated diseases, food ...

Adela Rovira and Clotilde Vázquez

Santillana Ediciones General SL

ISBN: 978-84-03-09731-5

It is part of the collection: practical guides of knowing

But I can assure that Mr. Torreiglesias does nothing but the prologue :))

I hope you can learn prompt everything you need to take a controlled and not restrictive day to day !!!
All the best!!

DiabetesForo
01/22/2009 7:32 p.m.

The book that Owash recommends is great, I have it, try to find it, I bought it at the book of the book.

DiabetesForo
01/23/2009 3:40 a.m.

Good morning!!!!!
Like Prado and Owash, the book by Ragnar Hanas is the best.I also bought it at the book of the book.

DiabetesForo
01/23/2009 3:42 a.m.

Thank you all, to see if I am lucky and I find it.I already tell you ...

MONICA's profile photo
MONICA
01/23/2009 9:16 a.m.

Hello Monica.
What I can tell you, is that I have read everything that has fallen into my hands.From the books that gave me the Alcorcón Foundation when I had the debut, to what I have found through different international associations on the network.Once the first moment of "You are now diabetic and you have to prick before each meal on your fingers, to make the profile, on your thighs, to inoculate the slow insulin and in the belly to inoculate the fast".
I hated the "chutas", I have never been able to see a needle.What I cried until I finally dared to click the first time!And well, now it is part of my daily routine, as I wear my glasses, or wash my teeth or make up, I puncture.
It is very important to demystify diabetes, keep the mood fat, walk a lot (aerobic exercise, not gym weights. Dance, feel the music and that your body is carried away by it; this generates many endorphins, that they feel great!) and give the body like with a good and tasty food.I leave my link where I hang the recipes that I have designed taking into account our suffering, as well as the "opportunistic conditions" (myocardial infarction, cerebral stroke, cholesterol, hypertension ...) that, with a good diet they will not appear to ourlife or far.
Health to enjoy.
Carmen K.

Carmen K.'s profile photo
Carmen K.
02/19/2009 7:12 a.m.

Owash said:
For me the best diabetes book is:

Type 1 diabetes in children, adolescents and young adults
Ragnar Hanas, M.D., Madrid, 2004.

ISBN: 84-60907-82-1

Peeeero is exhausted, there is no way to get any:-/ ... if someone knows it tells me something.

Although this post is very old - for what I see in Owash's comment, before 2010 - in case someone is interested, there is a second edition of the year 2010;I just saw it in my library, and I was pleasantly surprised because it is not usual

In this link you can see Link

I can't comment on him because I haven't read it;I have only read the index and at first glance there is missing some chapter in which the diabetes-emotions relationship is spoken, for example.Also, although for the title it is of Perogrullo, what happens to adults with diabetes 1?With those diagnosed in adulthood?
What is evident is that, in addition to technical data, you have to know yourself as well as possible.

Greetings

m

imara's profile photo
imara
08/14/2019 7:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.