Help with thesis

melissa's profile photo   04/18/2012 4:21 p.m.

Hello I need your help to develop my themes ..
My topic is guided to the design of a device for insulin application ..
I would like to help me tell me their experiences with the application of this .. whether good or bad ..
what method they use .. that they would change .. that they would like etc.

thank you so much :)

melissa's profile photo
melissa
04/18/2012 4:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What have you studied?Engineering or medicine?

tica's profile photo
tica
04/18/2012 6:46 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Ángela uses insulin bomb, specifically the paradigm I see from Medtronic ... formerly used the feathers, and even syringes when we mixed 2 insulins.Of course, continuous infusion is the best treatment for insulin supply.In my opinion.
What would change?It would improve some insulin pump options.
From the point of view of a father, I mean, of the person who is somehow responsible for the use of the same and yet for a long time he does not have the device at his reach for the control of the same ... eg."Bajo reservoir", it has happened to me a few times, especially since Angela is a teenager, who when I realize the reservoir is practically exhausted ... He has been, he has removed the alarm because he is in the institute or whatever, and he has forgotten ... there are alarms that should not be removed, or at least they should have the option of not doing so.
Obstructions, the bent cannula when insertAct quickly before being several hours with unwanted levels.
Sometimes if 2 alarms match at the same time (reservoir low, and measure GS now), one of them camouflages the other.
I would like more than one temporary basal at the same time to be programmed.
That there was a "catheter change" notice
Come on, and if I start thinking, many more ...
In any case, everything I have put, and if not I correct me, I think it is not so difficult to get, right?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/19/2012 6:14 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Velia, is not possible, is that there are things that are drawer and part of the fault is that there are no diabetic developers in the design/programming equipment.They told me that the tests, most do not diabetic people, with serum instead of insulin (the "interface" tests) it is clear that then try the therapy with patients under the surveillance of a doctor, but my doubt is: Although the pump has not passed medical approval, it could not be carried a diabetic (even with serum).I do not understand it, it is not the same to wear the gossip a week as a lifetime ...

Apart from what Velia told me, another thing that I think should carry is a fast link: Basal 0% 15 minutes.When I am very dizzy I have no time or want to go to the "Basal%" menu option, lower it to 0% for 15 minutes.If I turn off, every half minute whistling that makes me black (and it is logical that it whistles) and in the end what I end up doing is to disconnect the catheter, and it would not be the first time that I forget to connect it again.

I will follow my battle to end up working in Roche :), the last time I think I was close, the shit of the German ....

tica's profile photo
tica
04/19/2012 7:14 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Coinciding alarms is a fudge: shock:
You don't know about 1 of them.

In Roche bombs I don't know, but in Medtronic's the way to configure basal sections is a tremendous mess ...

It is that you compare the technology of mobile phones with the pump and you stay face of Alelao ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/19/2012 2:22 p.m.

What have you studied?Engineering or medicine?
ESEI studied a design engineering

melissa's profile photo
melissa
05/23/2012 3:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.